Army All American Game Notes

Advertisement
Hopefully Williams' competitive juicies start flowing and he bounces back today and plays up to the competition around him.

When is the game this year?

You're joking right? Williams was on fire yesterday. Multiple observers said that an argument could be made in favor of Williams have the best day out of all the QB's

I haven't looked at any other sources. The 1st video said Williams was 3/3 in their evluations yesterday and most of his passes where catchable high passes. So because of the placement they ranked him last.

The same guys were quoted in the video at the end of the day saying "Jarren went throw for throw with Trevor Lawrence all day" and a case could be made that he had the best day out of the group. Needless to say all 3 QBs looked awesome. They're basically nitpicking them at this point, which is what they should do.

Advertisement
Jobe is shorter and slighter than I thought. Imagine what Hall and Frierson are going to look like at that age.

Jobe is playing well out there now though. Seen a clip where he locked up Pope quite easily and got a pick.
Im a fan of Frierson and Hall though..but Jobe will be on the field asap for bama. I never thought he was coming here...and have a few guys in s.fla as better players in the secondary (Surtain, Campbell, Hall) but he is still among the elites

I don’t dispute he’s a big time prospect. Saban is as selective as they come when he dips into Florida. I am, however, surprised he’s not bigger. Looking at him next to Pope, he sure looks small for a Bama safety.

Bama bringing him in at cb.

So they are saying this is the best group of QBs they have been around and Williams has been top 3 most of the time. We're actually gonna have a real QB competition with some talent in it this year, can I get an amen?

So they are saying this is the best group of QBs they have been around and Williams has been top 3 most of the time. We're actually gonna have a real QB competition with some talent in it this year, can I get an amen?

There are 3 QBs on the east squad, but yes he is in the top 3 out of the 3...

LOL.

Seriously though, all the reports are that he, along with the other 2, are tearing it up.

There are 3 QBs on the east squad, but yes he is in the top 3 out of the 3...

LOL.

Seriously though, all the reports are that he, along with the other 2, are tearing it up.

LOL, I really had no idea and thought there were more on the roster.

Advertisement
Topic I think a few recognize but no one wants to discuss... Nesta's a solid prospect but far from the world beater folks here want to act like he is. He's not going to just come in and wreck ****, I don't think. I guess he's the only DT we got though, so...

Not good enough to be an impact guy next fall. Depth guy/rotational? Sure but nothing beyond that.
wow you got all that from one small clip???? CMR should hire you as the 10th coach! You"re the one Jerry!Devry Class of 2011

You don't follow much CFB, do you? It is extremely rare for any DT coming out of HS to make an impact as a true freshman - it's one of the toughest positions to make that transition. And it's compounded by the fact that (IIRC) NEsta won't be here in in the spring. It all boils down to what your definition of "impact" is. Will he start? No. Can he take some snaps as a rotational guy as the 4th DT, perhaps? Sure. I'm sure he can fill that role and get some rotational snaps as a backup and occasionally make some plays. That's about as good as one can expect him to do as a true freshman. I personally like that guy a lot and think he can be good, but I'm not expecting too much splash as a true freshman, regardless of what our starters look like.
If both Norton and RJ do decide to leave guess what ? The Starting positions are up for grabs. Nesta is a 6’2 300 pound monster combined with little engine that could.The D-Lineman position is not rocket science, you just have to be a nasty samamambich and know how to play the position. It’s far from playing any of the Linebacker positions which all 3 of our starters were true freshmen last year... So even if he is a freshman who are you to say he ain’t good enough to make an impact? Wasn’t our team full of freshmen making an impact this year and last??? You’re full of ****tt, acting like a know it all foh with that.

lol, hot dang, you are one of the most petulant porsters I have seen on this board - why you so mad, bro?

Nesta will not start here in the fall unless we are ravaged with injuries. And lol at keep mangling my comments into something they're not. I clarified what I meant by impact - he will be a rotational guy. Period. Anyway, not sure what we're arguing. None of us is saying he'll be a freshman AA here and all of us agree that he will play a role on the field. I think it will be as a rotational/backup guy with some meaningful snaps per game but I'll be surprised if he makes a real splash in the fall.

I have a feeling Brevin is an immediate starter.

He has to be, we don't have anyone else at TE.

This is true.

Mallory will get major snaps. Hope he puts on a little more weight b/c he'll be invaluable. 2 TE sets never looked so promising.

**** yeah, Mallory is a stud. Kinda reminds me of a Greg Olsen type. Dare I say more athletic?

I just think Jordan looks more ready right now. He is already a grown man. That kid is put together!

Advertisement
I have a feeling Brevin is an immediate starter.

He has to be, we don't have anyone else at TE.

This is true.

Mallory will get major snaps. Hope he puts on a little more weight b/c he'll be invaluable. 2 TE sets never looked so promising.

**** yeah, Mallory is a stud. Kinda reminds me of a Greg Olsen type. Dare I say more athletic?

I just think Jordan looks more ready right now. He is already a grown man. That kid is put together!

Yeah Brevin carries his weight very well. looks like a receiver but weighs 245 with a strong build

Brevin Jordan is a 5* TE. Put on the tape and watch what he does with the ball in the air and after he catches it in space. He's the same size as Isaac Nuata, who was a 5*. If he stays healthy, he feels like the safest bet of all the recruits we signed. Man child

Advertisement
Brevin Jordan is a 5* TE. Put on the tape and watch what he does with the ball in the air and after he catches it in space. He's the same size as Isaac Nuata, who was a 5*. If he stays healthy, he feels like the safest bet of all the recruits we signed. Man child
If hes actually as big as they list hes probably a good 2 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier than nauta as well as faster

Brevin Jordan is the best receiving tight end I've ever seen coming into a season as a freshman. He's so smooth and moves so well with his size catching and running any routes and he can block and is willing to block also. Will Mallory is that tight end type that can play every down and make a big impact day 1 so we ha e a special duo

Advertisement
Back