Army All American Game Notes

Write it down. Take a picture. Record it. I don't give a fuuuuuuug! NASTY NESTA will dominate at the next level. You don't know what IT is, but the kid's go IT. May not have the prototypical size, speed, or power, but everything I've seen from this kid tells me he'll be a player from Day 1. Kinda reminds me of a few other DT's that have donned the Orange & Green during the 80's & 90's. May not be the most heralded kid coming out of HS at his position, but has got that dawg in him like many of our top players over the years have also had.

Advertisement
[video]https://n.rivals.com/news/army-bowl-analysis-miami-commit-nesta-silvera[/video]

Ridiculous!!

Advertisement
Wiltfong just had a piece on 247 raving about all our commits at the army bowl practices

Wiltfong just had a piece on 247 raving about all our commits at the army bowl practices

Said Silvera is the best in DT group and that Miami has the best collection of skill guys in the country.

Advertisement
Jobe is shorter and slighter than I thought. Imagine what Hall and Frierson are going to look like at that age.

Jobe is playing well out there now though. Seen a clip where he locked up Pope quite easily and got a pick.
Im a fan of Frierson and Hall though..but Jobe will be on the field asap for bama. I never thought he was coming here...and have a few guys in s.fla as better players in the secondary (Surtain, Campbell, Hall) but he is still among the elites

I don’t dispute he’s a big time prospect. Saban is as selective as they come when he dips into Florida. I am, however, surprised he’s not bigger. Looking at him next to Pope, he sure looks small for a Bama safety.

our safeties last year were bigger than theirs easily. They have trotted out guys like Eddie Jackson and even now the Fitzpatrick kid is not some physical specimen. Jobe looks about 180-185 when he gets the deer antler and peds **** be 200 at bama rather quick

Jobe is shorter and slighter than I thought. Imagine what Hall and Frierson are going to look like at that age.

Jobe is playing well out there now though. Seen a clip where he locked up Pope quite easily and got a pick.
Im a fan of Frierson and Hall though..but Jobe will be on the field asap for bama. I never thought he was coming here...and have a few guys in s.fla as better players in the secondary (Surtain, Campbell, Hall) but he is still among the elites

I don’t dispute he’s a big time prospect. Saban is as selective as they come when he dips into Florida. I am, however, surprised he’s not bigger. Looking at him next to Pope, he sure looks small for a Bama safety.

our safeties last year were bigger than theirs easily. They have trotted out guys like Eddie Jackson and even now the Fitzpatrick kid is not some physical specimen. Jobe looks about 180-185 when he gets the deer antler and peds **** be 200 at bama rather quick

There's another pic circulating where Jobe looks like a starting P5 Safety right now. His frame looks like a prototype.

There's another pic circulating where Jobe looks like a starting P5 Safety right now. His frame looks like a prototype.

He should, he’s about to turn 20 in 4 months

Advertisement
Surtain, Campbell and Jobe look like the cream of the crop. Would be devastating to lose all three to the SEC.

On a more positive note, Brian Hightower looks like a Day 1 impact player. He will compete with Cager immediately.

[video=youtube;3vdiZeKqvjw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=114&v=3vdiZeKqvjw[/video]
[video=youtube;FYG-TJgIUxo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=96&v=FYG-TJgIUxo[/video]

Surtain, Campbell and Jobe look like the cream of the crop. Would be devastating to lose all three to the SEC.

On a more positive note, Brian Hightower looks like a Day 1 impact player. He will compete with Cager immediately.

[video=youtube;3vdiZeKqvjw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=114&v=3vdiZeKqvjw[/video]
[video=youtube;FYG-TJgIUxo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=96&v=FYG-TJgIUxo[/video]

Thing is Brian Hightower was beating some of the highest rated dBs out there including 5 star talanoa hufanga, 5 Star Isaiah Taylor Stuart and top 50 recruit Aaron green consistently . He was consistently getting separation on Taylor Stuart who is a blazer and Aaron green is fast too.Kid is a beast and should shoot back up in the rankings

He should, he’s about to turn 20 in 4 months

Oh, NOW you come around

Advertisement
I remember last year how this all star game was just filled w UGA players and how NBC kept focusing on that. Well, now it’s littered w Miami commits. They better do the same thing for us.

Thought nesta struggled a bit.

Thomas is a besst

Topic I think a few recognize but no one wants to discuss... Nesta's a solid prospect but far from the world beater folks here want to act like he is. He's not going to just come in and wreck ****, I don't think. I guess he's the only DT we got though, so...

Not good enough to be an impact guy next fall. Depth guy/rotational? Sure but nothing beyond that.
wow you got all that from one small clip???? CMR should hire you as the 10th coach! You"re the one Jerry!Devry Class of 2011

You don't follow much CFB, do you? It is extremely rare for any DT coming out of HS to make an impact as a true freshman - it's one of the toughest positions to make that transition. And it's compounded by the fact that (IIRC) NEsta won't be here in in the spring. It all boils down to what your definition of "impact" is. Will he start? No. Can he take some snaps as a rotational guy as the 4th DT, perhaps? Sure. I'm sure he can fill that role and get some rotational snaps as a backup and occasionally make some plays. That's about as good as one can expect him to do as a true freshman. I personally like that guy a lot and think he can be good, but I'm not expecting too much splash as a true freshman, regardless of what our starters look like.
If both Norton and RJ do decide to leave guess what ? The Starting positions are up for grabs. Nesta is a 6’2 300 pound monster combined with little engine that could.The D-Lineman position is not rocket science, you just have to be a nasty samamambich and know how to play the position. It’s far from playing any of the Linebacker positions which all 3 of our starters were true freshmen last year... So even if he is a freshman who are you to say he ain’t good enough to make an impact? Wasn’t our team full of freshmen making an impact this year and last??? You’re full of ****tt, acting like a know it all foh with that.

Advertisement
Back