Anybody else feel sorry for Manny?

Should have never been offered the job. Not his fault. Who wouldn’t say yes to that job in his situation. It was a free roll with HUGE upside. No one in their right mind offers that. Just dumb. Sooo dumb. Brain hurts dumb.

Go Canes

People take dream jobs. I don't have to feel sorry for him failing at said job making retirement money while being sodomized by geriatric Mack Brown coaching football at a basketball school.

Advertisement
Not offended at all. Just asking. What did he do that offended you other than not being a good HC?
Manny could never offend me… He’s come off as smug, arrogant, and entitled in my few encounters with him where I struck up a conversation - and his reputation as such proceeds him around town. I’ve crossed paths with every head coach in the past 25 years since I was a UM student/grad student/Coral Gables resident. Even Al Golden gave me headnods when we’d pass each other jogging on Red Road!

I dont feel sorry for the guy, but I do think he should have gone to temple first. Then maybe, after 3 or 4 more HC stops a long the way he would be ready for an asst. HC gig here at Miami.

I mean…I honestly think the kid really loves this U. I also believe that Manny reads these boards because EVERYTHING we said he needed to do, he’s done it. Personally, it was a breath of fresh air to have a coach that wasn’t so fck’g stubborn and rigid. He has most of what you’d want in a coach, but he just didn’t have the most important thing a coach absolutely HAS TO have- the respect of the players.

These kids never respected Manny. They saw him for what he really was- a “fanboy “ who is/was enamored with their physical prowess and ability. A geeky, spoiled kid that never played in the trenches and thus, would do anything to be “cool” with the star athletes, so he never instilled any discipline whatsoever. He thought turnover chains and gimmicks would earn their respect, but it just emboldened these kids to be selfish, to mentally check in and out of games, dance and celebrate (even when getting our **** split open)- you know/ the **** most of us found utterly disgusting? He’s tried to be edgy, stoic, fun, free, etc., but NONE of that **** works when the kids don’t respect you. It’s fck’d up, but it is what it is.

Poor, geeky lispy *******…😕
He can wipe his tears on his giant stack of buyout cash.

I mean…I honestly think the kid really loves this U. I also believe that Manny reads these boards because EVERYTHING we said he needed to do, he’s done it. Personally, it was a breath of fresh air to have a coach that wasn’t so fck’g stubborn and rigid. He has most of what you’d want in a coach, but he just didn’t have the most important thing a coach absolutely HAS TO have- the respect of the players.

These kids never respected Manny. They saw him for what he really was- a “fanboy “ who is/was enamored with their physical prowess and ability. A geeky, spoiled kid that never played in the trenches and thus, would do anything to be “cool” with the star athletes, so he never instilled any discipline whatsoever. He thought turnover chains and gimmicks would earn their respect, but it just emboldened these kids to be selfish, to mentally check in and out of games, dance and celebrate (even when getting our **** split open)- you know/ the **** most of us found utterly disgusting? He’s tried to be edgy, stoic, fun, free, etc., but NONE of that **** works when the kids don’t respect you. It’s fck’d up, but it is what it is.

He went to Florida State.

Stop

Advertisement
Don't hate the guy personally but also don't feel sorry for him.

He tried, but the job was too big for him and he's got to go. He was paid very well.

Advertisement
I always feel bad when people lose their jobs if they have tried their best. I am confident Manny Diaz did everything possible to win and make UM the best program that he could. Unfortunately, he lacks the necessary skills to accomplish his goals. he was simply in over his head. So the fault lies not with Manny but with the person(s) who put Manny in a position to fail.
Manny=I feel bad
Blake James=not so much

People take dream jobs. I don't have to feel sorry for him failing at said job making retirement money while being sodomized by geriatric Mack Brown coaching football at a basketball school.
Agree 100%. He earned all the scorn. He’s rich now. He’ll live well coaching at some D3 dump in upstate NY as a special teams coach.

Go Canes!

I got layed off this year and got nothing, he's getting fired and in the process receiving 4-7 million dollars to go away! So to answer your question **** NO!

Advertisement
gtfo GIF

Manny should be mentioned with the likes of Bernie Madoff. That’s the level in which he scammed the administration and BOT of this school.

Advertisement
Manny should be mentioned with the likes of Bernie Madoff. That’s the level in which he scammed the administration and BOT of this school.
How did Manny scam UM? He told James and others that he was ready to be a head coach? he told the same thing to the Temple AD and after being a fairly successful DC at Miami, Diaz certainly believed what he was selling. It is not a scam if Manny believed he was ready. Manny was wrong about his abilities, but he did not lie about anything. How could he? The UM admin knew exactly who he was from his time as the DC.

Be upset with the people who could not discern that Many was not ready.

At a certain point after almost 20 years and however many "bad" hires you have to wonder if it's even the coach's fault. Only so much you can do with a joke of a S&C program. If Manny had Bama's "S&C expertise" like Lane does, it could've been a totally different story. You can't blame any coach with this Flag Football S&C program.

If he wants to improve as a coach I would go to Bama, GA etc to be a position coach and learn everything. Change his philosophy, go be a DC somewhere in G5 and work your way up

Advertisement
Back