Anybody else feel sorry for Manny?

Advertisement
He’s making millions…he had one job to do. Why would you feel sorry for a millionaire falling short at his job? Is he gonna give the money back?

I am an ex-baseball player. Never played organized tackle football. Just flag and pick up tackle and stuff like that. If you knocked on my door today and offered me the Miami job, I’d take it no questions asked. I think I could be a pretty solid recruiter based on my communication skills and such. Manny probably felt this way too. I don’t fault him for taking the job. But at his core, he’s an LB coach/DC and those two areas have regressed and he’s never been able to get a top LB in. He doubled down on himself and put a noose around his neck. That, to me, is extremely telling. If Mario comes here and doesn’t live up to the expectation and to be clear that standard is conference titles, National TitleS, producing national award winners/first round picks,etc. then after 3-4 years he’s gotta go too. As fans we can enforce the standard with our crappy attendance, social media noise and such. We have to continue to be clear on what the standard is here and not feel bad for anyone that can’t uphold that standard.

Advertisement
No Way Kg GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

How did Manny scam UM? He told James and others that he was ready to be a head coach? he told the same thing to the Temple AD and after being a fairly successful DC at Miami, Diaz certainly believed what he was selling. It is not a scam if Manny believed he was ready. Manny was wrong about his abilities, but he did not lie about anything. How could he? The UM admin knew exactly who he was from his time as the DC.

Be upset with the people who could not discern that Many was not ready.
Dude had his dad and other BOT members pushing him to get an interview. Claimed he was gonna “clean up the locker room and set a standard” after being there for 3 years and being part of that toxic culture and low standard. He was a huge part of that failed regime and somehow convinced the powers that be that he wasn’t a part of it. That’s the oldest political trick in the book.

Mans been making bank from the U since 2016 and over 4mil a year for the last 3. Add in a buyout and the dude should be set for life. Hard to cry for a guy that's made more in the last 12 months that most people make in a lifetime, while sucking.

Bottom line is Manny was in over his head. He did some good things - especially in the off season - and some really bad things - especially on the field. I don’t wish him any ill will but am ready for a change.

Advertisement
He was given his dream job after a fake coaching search by Flake James and he has failed to capitalize on his opportunity.

No sympathy.

I mean…I honestly think the kid really loves this U. I also believe that Manny reads these boards because EVERYTHING we said he needed to do, he’s done it. Personally, it was a breath of fresh air to have a coach that wasn’t so fck’g stubborn and rigid. He has most of what you’d want in a coach, but he just didn’t have the most important thing a coach absolutely HAS TO have- the respect of the players.

These kids never respected Manny. They saw him for what he really was- a “fanboy “ who is/was enamored with their physical prowess and ability. A geeky, spoiled kid that never played in the trenches and thus, would do anything to be “cool” with the star athletes, so he never instilled any discipline whatsoever. He thought turnover chains and gimmicks would earn their respect, but it just emboldened these kids to be selfish, to mentally check in and out of games, dance and celebrate (even when getting our **** split open)- you know/ the **** most of us found utterly disgusting? He’s tried to be edgy, stoic, fun, free, etc., but NONE of that **** works when the kids don’t respect you. It’s fck’d up, but it is what it is.

Poor, geeky lispy *******…😕
Im in a bar and drinkng but you sound dumb as **** the players still play hard for him regardlesss of what is going on.we need changes but lets not just say stupid ****

Advertisement
he lived out the American dream, got him
And his friends rich doing a medicore job. Time to move on and get someone qualified In this *****.

hes an insecure super fan who runs around like a make a wish kid who became the team water boy. he has no business as. P5 coach and he comes off as a prick on top of it. how many people did he scape goat since he took over?

Had a lil feeling up until ...FSU.

Thats where I 100 percent likely owuld of stone cold stunnea him if i saw him in person.

He should go after that FIU Job though...he needs to go down to group of 5 or fcs and revamp his whole entire defensive philosophy.

Advertisement
I can’t blame Manny. He was offered a great job that he wasn’t qualified for yet and he took it. Who wouldn’t? He made adjustments, made the off-season a **** of a lot of fun for us, but in the end he just didn’t quite have what it takes. Maybe he can learn somewhere else. My anger and frustration goes to Blake James for hiring him so quickly. That’s who we should be putting the blame on

Strongarmed Blake to give him the job to begin with
Refused help from Zo Highsmith
Mishandled injured kids on the team

No..I don't feel bad for him.

Had a lil feeling up until ...FSU.

Thats where I 100 percent likely owuld of stone cold stunnea him if i saw him in person.

He should go after that FIU Job though...he needs to go down to group of 5 or fcs and revamp his whole entire defensive philosophy.
He’s never gonna change anything unless he’s forced to, bc he works for somebody else. That’s why he can’t get another job where he calls any shots. If he got that FIU job it would be a disaster. He would never get another on field coaching job again After he went 4-32. He needs to be an analyst for 2-3 years and learn from someone who knows what they’re doing.

Advertisement
Back