Anybody else feel sorry for Manny?

RivercityCane

Banned
Banned
I mean…I honestly think the kid really loves this U. I also believe that Manny reads these boards because EVERYTHING we said he needed to do, he’s done it. Personally, it was a breath of fresh air to have a coach that wasn’t so fck’g stubborn and rigid. He has most of what you’d want in a coach, but he just didn’t have the most important thing a coach absolutely HAS TO have- the respect of the players.

These kids never respected Manny. They saw him for what he really was- a “fanboy “ who is/was enamored with their physical prowess and ability. A geeky, spoiled kid that never played in the trenches and thus, would do anything to be “cool” with the star athletes, so he never instilled any discipline whatsoever. He thought turnover chains and gimmicks would earn their respect, but it just emboldened these kids to be selfish, to mentally check in and out of games, dance and celebrate (even when getting our **** split open)- you know/ the **** most of us found utterly disgusting? He’s tried to be edgy, stoic, fun, free, etc., but NONE of that **** works when the kids don’t respect you. It’s fck’d up, but it is what it is.

Poor, geeky lispy *******…😕

Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean…I honestly think the kid really loves this U. I also believe that Manny reads these boards because EVERYTHING we said he needed to do, he’s done it. Personally, it was a breath of fresh air to have a coach that wasn’t so fck’g stubborn and rigid. He has most of what you’d want in a coach, but he just didn’t have the most important thing a coach absolutely HAS TO have- the respect of the players.

These kids never respected Manny. They saw him for what he really was- a “fanboy “ who is/was enamored with their physical prowess and ability. A geeky, spoiled kid that never played in the trenches and thus, would do anything to be “cool” with the star athletes, so he never instilled any discipline whatsoever. He thought turnover chains and gimmicks would earn their respect, but it just emboldened these kids to be selfish, to mentally check in and out of games, dance and celebrate (even when getting our **** split open)- you know/ the **** most of us found utterly disgusting? He’s tried to be edgy, stoic, fun, free, etc., but NONE of that **** works when the kids don’t respect you. It’s fck’d up, but it is what it is.

Poor, geeky lispy *******…😕
No he's a millionaire

1637971043351.gif

Advertisement
He's probably a nice enough guy and he's providing for his family so I hate to see anyone get fired...but he just wasn't up to the task at hand and there is no way around that, it happens. Time to see him off and let the next guy have a shot. Best of luck in his future endeavors, as long as it isn't against us that week.

He swung, and he missed.

I don’t hate him, I don’t like or dislike him, I just have never felt that much personally about him, to be honest.

I only look at future coaches, and A.D.‘s for that matter, as employees for an institution that I love and a football program that I love.

My only interest in them is how they advance those institutions. I try not to get too emotionally involved.

I honestly just do see them as employees.

In a certain sense I am much more and interested in us securing the infrastructure, organizational behavior, culture, and funding that is closer to the level of the top five programs in the country.

Employees have a function that they are handsomely paid to perform. And I’m a perfectionist so that should tell you everything you need to know.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I will say that i respect manny. He made any and all changes he felt necessary to get the program in the right direction, unlike any other coach we've had in 2 decades.

those changes obviously didn't produce the results but wish him the best at his next stop maybe a G5 spot.

feel bad? no, I think some of us forget how much money these coaches make. He'll be fine

Not sure why people would hate him. He took his shot and busted his ***. Made all the moves he thought would work - overhauled his staff, made the off season sizzle, etc. He just isn’t P5 head coach material. Alot of men in the arena on the board. No, I don’t hate the man for swinging and missing. But I want him out like yesterday.

I absolutely do. He worked his *** off, put his heart into it, and really cared about the program, the kids, and the U. You look at Mullen, and he his arrogance and disinterest in being at UF came through. Manny is the opposite. He wanted to win at the U more than anyone. And if he had been successful, he could have been a lifer and a great story. He just wasn't good enough.

Sadly, this is a cut-throat business. Everyone can't win. Every time a team wins a game someone else loses. It's why HBC's (and CEO's for that matter) make such life-changing money. Because they are swimming in shark-infested waters with a low probability for success.

Know what it comes down to for me? The team is still fighting their asses off for him, even after everything. I respect that.

But he's got to go. We need better. Period. I hope he learns from this and does well at a lower level school somewhere.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back