Anybody else feel sorry for Manny?

Not at all.

All he had to do was defer to experts and be a mature, business-oriented manager.

He could have hired legitimate proven coaches and coordinators on defense but he didnt.

Every defensive coaching/staff change was a calculated move to buy him more excuses for the next year.

Deep down he knows his system is broken but he still has to be the smartest guy in the room and refused to change it.

Guy had the opportunity of a lifetime. The odds were even in his favor to get Miami into ACC contention every year. His selfishness/ineptitude ruined it.

I mean, all he really had to do was hire a no-nonsense D coordinator and get in Lashlees *** about adapting the playbook for his players.

Got millions to do it too.

He dissed Richt towards the end of the Richt regime, and talked about problems in the culture, and then when he became coach, he exacerbated those problems and only ever made excuses instead of owning the problems.

I have no respect for him as a person or as a coach.

Advertisement
The buddy system got him a job that he wasn't qualified for and sure as **** didn't deserve. He profited millions from it. . .

I mean…I honestly think the kid really loves this U. I also believe that Manny reads these boards because EVERYTHING we said he needed to do, he’s done it. Personally, it was a breath of fresh air to have a coach that wasn’t so fck’g stubborn and rigid. He has most of what you’d want in a coach, but he just didn’t have the most important thing a coach absolutely HAS TO have- the respect of the players.

These kids never respected Manny. They saw him for what he really was- a “fanboy “ who is/was enamored with their physical prowess and ability. A geeky, spoiled kid that never played in the trenches and thus, would do anything to be “cool” with the star athletes, so he never instilled any discipline whatsoever. He thought turnover chains and gimmicks would earn their respect, but it just emboldened these kids to be selfish, to mentally check in and out of games, dance and celebrate (even when getting our **** split open)- you know/ the **** most of us found utterly disgusting? He’s tried to be edgy, stoic, fun, free, etc., but NONE of that **** works when the kids don’t respect you. It’s fck’d up, but it is what it is.

Poor, geeky lispy *******…😕
Yeah he's raped the U for about 12 Million so don't think I be throwing any sympathy toward him.

There are people in this world that won't earn 4 million dollars in their lifetime; much less a year.

...No, I don't feel sorry for Manny Diaz.
Ya, thats roughly 100 years at the median individual income in this country right now. It doesn't feel good to fail for him I am sure, but he will get over it and live a very comfortable life even if he never clocks another hour. Can't say I feel sorry for that.

Advertisement
I mean…I honestly think the kid really loves this U. I also believe that Manny reads these boards because EVERYTHING we said he needed to do, he’s done it. Personally, it was a breath of fresh air to have a coach that wasn’t so fck’g stubborn and rigid. He has most of what you’d want in a coach, but he just didn’t have the most important thing a coach absolutely HAS TO have- the respect of the players.

These kids never respected Manny. They saw him for what he really was- a “fanboy “ who is/was enamored with their physical prowess and ability. A geeky, spoiled kid that never played in the trenches and thus, would do anything to be “cool” with the star athletes, so he never instilled any discipline whatsoever. He thought turnover chains and gimmicks would earn their respect, but it just emboldened these kids to be selfish, to mentally check in and out of games, dance and celebrate (even when getting our **** split open)- you know/ the **** most of us found utterly disgusting? He’s tried to be edgy, stoic, fun, free, etc., but NONE of that **** works when the kids don’t respect you. It’s fck’d up, but it is what it is.

To a degree I do but to be honest I don’t really feel sorry for people who are going to get paid $4 million not to do something. He never should’ve been offered the job that is Blakes fault. I don’t blame him for taking his dream job. I do blame him for not seeking help and taking it from people who could’ve maybe made it better along the way but no matter what the inevitable was going to happen.

I almost felt sorry for him but then the rumors started that he had been offered help by very knowledgeable people but he rejected their help. Lambert just confirmed it, saying he told James and Diaz he would personally pay Highsmiths salary to help Diaz. He didnt say Highsmith would directly oversee Diaz or anything like that. It was free help from an extremely knowledgeable front office executive. Diazs ego couldn't handle the idea that he might not know everything and outright rejected the help. So I lost any sympathy after finding out the story was true.

Manny has enough on his resume to get offered a non-Power 5 job at place that has expectations to be 8-5, 9-4 every year. ****, if he takes the FIU job, he wouldn't even have to move. Blake James also! Go apply guys! Just got kinda new football equipment!

Advertisement

black and white no GIF
Joe Biden Shaking Head GIF by MSNBC
S Reactions GIF

No fugkem

Advertisement
I don't feel sorry for him, but I also don't make it personal. I have no idea why people think they need to go that route on players or coaches.

I can say without a doubt, the physical and emotional toll on players who aren't living up to their own expectations, far exceeds (in most cases, there are some who go through the motions or don't give a ****) whatever fans want to throw at them. You learn to block that crap out or you'll be in an even darker place or drive yourself insane. Never been a D1 coach, but what I'm saying come from experience as a D1 athlete. You do see it in a coaches actions, personality, etc.

Yes, because he and I wanted the same thing - a successful program. So, I feel sorry for him and me.

Advertisement
Manny wanted to much to fast. He should of cut his teeth at Temple and if he succeeded there, his name would be on the list the next time the UM head coaching job became available.

Signed,

Peruche

I absolutely do. He worked his *** off, put his heart into it, and really cared about the program, the kids, and the U. You look at Mullen, and he his arrogance and disinterest in being at UF came through. Manny is the opposite. He wanted to win at the U more than anyone. And if he had been successful, he could have been a lifer and a great story. He just wasn't good enough.

Sadly this is a cut-throat business. Everyone can't win. Every time a team wins a game someone else loses. It's why HBC's (and CEO's for that matter) make such life-changing money. Because they are swimming in shark-infested waters with a low probability for success.

Know what it comes down to for me? The team is still fighting their asses off for him, ever after everything. I respect that.

But he's got to go. We need better. Period. I hope he learns from this and does well at a lower level school somewhere.
Agree somewhat. The problem with Manny, as I see it, is hubris, also. Manny should’ve cut his teeth at Temple. He should’ve “cared” about them, and honored his commitment to them. When BJ offered ( another issue) he jumped when he clearly wasn’t ready. I disagree with people who say “anyone“ would’ve taken the job for the money UM was offering. I don’t agree with that. Plenty of people would recognize a reach and stayed in their lane until they got experience and were more ready. Manny had both pride and his inexperience working against him, not to mention a total boob that offered him the job. Perfect storm, if you will. Guy bit off more than he could chew, and it was obvious.

Advertisement
Back