Anybody else feel sorry for Manny?

I did until threads like this and ones crying that he’s staying started popping up. Now I just want things to move as quickly as possible so we could stop taking about him

Advertisement
no man GIF

I mean…I honestly think the kid really loves this U. I also believe that Manny reads these boards because EVERYTHING we said he needed to do, he’s done it. Personally, it was a breath of fresh air to have a coach that wasn’t so fck’g stubborn and rigid. He has most of what you’d want in a coach, but he just didn’t have the most important thing a coach absolutely HAS TO have- the respect of the players.

These kids never respected Manny. They saw him for what he really was- a “fanboy “ who is/was enamored with their physical prowess and ability. A geeky, spoiled kid that never played in the trenches and thus, would do anything to be “cool” with the star athletes, so he never instilled any discipline whatsoever. He thought turnover chains and gimmicks would earn their respect, but it just emboldened these kids to be selfish, to mentally check in and out of games, dance and celebrate (even when getting our **** split open)- you know/ the **** most of us found utterly disgusting? He’s tried to be edgy, stoic, fun, free, etc., but NONE of that **** works when the kids don’t respect you. It’s fck’d up, but it is what it is.

Poor, geeky lispy *******…😕
It’s okay Mandy, you gave it your all. No hard feelings.

I don’t feel sorry for him but it’s not his fault that this university is run by a bunch of dip****s. He had no business getting the job and should be at Temple right now. Of course if he gets an offer from his home school, he’s going to accept it.

Advertisement
He's probably a nice enough guy and he's providing for his family so I hate to see anyone get fired...but he just wasn't up to the task at hand and there is no way around that, it happens. Time to see him off and let the next guy have a shot. Best of luck in his future endeavors, as long as it isn't against us that week.
He’s actually a complete ****head - I’ve ran into him multiple times at Titanic Brewery over the past few years - and not only have I experienced it personally, he has a horrible reputation with the bartenders and waiters there. Fck that guy, and get him the **** out of here.

He wasn’t stubborn pointing out the failure of others, but he was as stubborn as Richt, Golden and the rest when it came to identifying his own failures… His defense needed to be revamped a few years ago. But here we are.

Also… the stories we’ve heard from recruits and their parents are unacceptable

Advertisement
This guy will never have to work a day in his remaining life. He can retire now in South Florida if he wants to. He will probably get a gig as an ESPN analyst. Dream job. I have no ill will towards him but I do not feel sorry for him at all.
He’s gotta fix that lisp first if he wants any TV analyst job…. Maybe that was the reason he left ESPN and got into coaching in the first place

Advertisement
I feel really sorry for the fans to be honest. This program has been ravaged to the ground for over 20 years by incompetence and apathy. I feel sorry for no one within the staff or administration at this point and just want this thing built the right way. Clean house including everyone in the AD department.

Hit the restart button.

Advertisement
He’s gotta fix that lisp first if he wants any TV analyst job…. Maybe that was the reason he left ESPN and got into coaching in the first place
the only time he opened his mouth at ESPN is when he was sent for coffee, he asked "do you want cream and sugar, Sir ?"

I mean…I honestly think the kid really loves this U. I also believe that Manny reads these boards because EVERYTHING we said he needed to do, he’s done it. Personally, it was a breath of fresh air to have a coach that wasn’t so fck’g stubborn and rigid. He has most of what you’d want in a coach, but he just didn’t have the most important thing a coach absolutely HAS TO have- the respect of the players.

These kids never respected Manny. They saw him for what he really was- a “fanboy “ who is/was enamored with their physical prowess and ability. A geeky, spoiled kid that never played in the trenches and thus, would do anything to be “cool” with the star athletes, so he never instilled any discipline whatsoever. He thought turnover chains and gimmicks would earn their respect, but it just emboldened these kids to be selfish, to mentally check in and out of games, dance and celebrate (even when getting our **** split open)- you know/ the **** most of us found utterly disgusting? He’s tried to be edgy, stoic, fun, free, etc., but NONE of that **** works when the kids don’t respect you. It’s fck’d up, but it is what it is.

Poor, geeky lispy *******…😕
He can **** himself

Should have never been offered the job. Not his fault. Who wouldn’t say yes to that job in his situation. It was a free roll with HUGE upside. No one in their right mind offers that. Just dumb. Sooo dumb. Brain hurts dumb.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back