Anybody else feel sorry for Manny?

Advertisement
He’s the son of the ex-Mayor & has made millions while not being all that good at his job...

Feel sorry? I somewhat envy the fcker. How nice would it be to be able to fail up like that in life?

Lol, Manuel will be just fine. He’s just a classic case of a first time HC that had no business being put in the position he was in in the first place. He should’ve learned everything he need to know & paid his dues at a lower level G5 or even FCS school before he was ever even considered to be a HC here.

Good luck to CMD. We had some good times and bad at the U. I don’t dislike any of our former coaches, including Coker, Shannon, Golden, CMR or him. As a matter of fact, i have a particular fondness of CMR, who i consider a great role model who stands for the right things. Yet I just think that it is time for both parties to part ways and to move forward

Advertisement
I do. He tried his best. He’s not some evil individual who endeavored to make the program worse. In some cases, he was hit with things outside of his control...particularly the state of the offensive line going into 2019. It was a primary contributor to Miami winning 7 games the previous season, and it was almost impossible to turn it around in one year. Likewise with Baxa...there were three games Miami could have won if the kicker had been on point. If Miami wins those three games in 2019 things look a lot different for Manny. That 2019 season basically ruined things right out of the gate...kind of like Sark out here in Texas.

I mean…I honestly think the kid really loves this U. I also believe that Manny reads these boards because EVERYTHING we said he needed to do, he’s done it. Personally, it was a breath of fresh air to have a coach that wasn’t so fck’g stubborn and rigid. He has most of what you’d want in a coach, but he just didn’t have the most important thing a coach absolutely HAS TO have- the respect of the players.

These kids never respected Manny. They saw him for what he really was- a “fanboy “ who is/was enamored with their physical prowess and ability. A geeky, spoiled kid that never played in the trenches and thus, would do anything to be “cool” with the star athletes, so he never instilled any discipline whatsoever. He thought turnover chains and gimmicks would earn their respect, but it just emboldened these kids to be selfish, to mentally check in and out of games, dance and celebrate (even when getting our **** split open)- you know/ the **** most of us found utterly disgusting? He’s tried to be edgy, stoic, fun, free, etc., but NONE of that **** works when the kids don’t respect you. It’s fck’d up, but it is what it is.

Poor, geeky lispy *******…😕
Phukk ewe op

Advertisement
I mean…I honestly think the kid really loves this U. I also believe that Manny reads these boards because EVERYTHING we said he needed to do, he’s done it. Personally, it was a breath of fresh air to have a coach that wasn’t so fck’g stubborn and rigid. He has most of what you’d want in a coach, but he just didn’t have the most important thing a coach absolutely HAS TO have- the respect of the players.

These kids never respected Manny. They saw him for what he really was- a “fanboy “ who is/was enamored with their physical prowess and ability. A geeky, spoiled kid that never played in the trenches and thus, would do anything to be “cool” with the star athletes, so he never instilled any discipline whatsoever. He thought turnover chains and gimmicks would earn their respect, but it just emboldened these kids to be selfish, to mentally check in and out of games, dance and celebrate (even when getting our **** split open)- you know/ the **** most of us found utterly disgusting? He’s tried to be edgy, stoic, fun, free, etc., but NONE of that **** works when the kids don’t respect you. It’s fck’d up, but it is what it is.

Poor, geeky lispy *******…😕
The man makes more money than 99% of the members of this site and please remember to coach the 13th most talented football squad in America. So no I don’t feel sorry for a man that will never have to work a day in his life with the buyout close to $9 million! Plus he will get a a job as a DC within a year! Feel sorry for him now?

nah-*****-you-a-hoe-memecrunchcom-nah-*****-53972455.png

Feel sorry for a guy running the program into the dirt while making millions. Lots of dormant smurf accounts trolling or half the fan base have smooth brains

Did Manny feel bad for me when I was in ATL after that Bama bashing and stayed in the hotel room for 2 days?

Advertisement
I feel sorry/bad that as a coach he didn't demand discipline and allowed the same undisciplined mistakes to kill us, I also feel sorry/bad that he allowed the culture to fester when he told us otherwise (Bringing back #4). I feel even worse that he allowed guys not to respect the game,or not give the effort on the field because, they had no self-pride.

Saying a coach lost a team/respect is how losers write it off - but its also on the players not playing to their god given abilities, and you can't win with those types even if a HOF coach follows. Once that poison happens, they're tainted goods because every season you will be tried in games that will allow those type payers and part of the fanbase to rationalize a ****** effort. All of us have seen some 2-10 teams play harder than the Canes at times- I don't even want to mention some of the bad losses we've had because of this.

Advertisement
I always feel bad when people lose their jobs if they have tried their best. I am confident Manny Diaz did everything possible to win and make UM the best program that he could. Unfortunately, he lacks the necessary skills to accomplish his goals. he was simply in over his head. So the fault lies not with Manny but with the person(s) who put Manny in a position to fail.
Manny=I feel bad
Blake James=not so much
By that logic, Blake lacked the necessary skills to be an effective AD. He was in over his head as well. Where does the buck stop in that regard? The president? The BoT?

Advertisement
Back