Anybody else feel sorry for Manny?

No Way Friday GIF

Advertisement
Not sure why people would hate him. He took his shot and busted his ***. Made all the moves he thought would work - overhauled his staff, made the off season sizzle, etc. He just isn’t P5 head coach material. Alot of men in the arena on the board. No, I don’t hate the man for swinging and missing. But I want him out like yesterday.
I think most rational fans don’t hate the guy. But feel sorry for him, nope.

Advertisement
I mean…I honestly think the kid really loves this U. I also believe that Manny reads these boards because EVERYTHING we said he needed to do, he’s done it. Personally, it was a breath of fresh air to have a coach that wasn’t so fck’g stubborn and rigid. He has most of what you’d want in a coach, but he just didn’t have the most important thing a coach absolutely HAS TO have- the respect of the players.

These kids never respected Manny. They saw him for what he really was- a “fanboy “ who is/was enamored with their physical prowess and ability. A geeky, spoiled kid that never played in the trenches and thus, would do anything to be “cool” with the star athletes, so he never instilled any discipline whatsoever. He thought turnover chains and gimmicks would earn their respect, but it just emboldened these kids to be selfish, to mentally check in and out of games, dance and celebrate (even when getting our **** split open)- you know/ the **** most of us found utterly disgusting? He’s tried to be edgy, stoic, fun, free, etc., but NONE of that **** works when the kids don’t respect you. It’s fck’d up, but it is what it is.

Poor, geeky lispy *******…😕
I stopped reading after the first sentence.

No but it’s not his fault his dream job was offered to him prematurely. Seems like he’s got a good family and made millions. He will be just fine

this is the wrong business to have feelings in. He had his chance. He was here for 3 years before finessing flake James to give him the job 12 hours after it opened. Had the job for 3 years, lost to horrible teams and got embarrassed multiple times on national tv.

He’s a defensive coach with one of the worst schemes in ALL of football.

He makes more excuses and deflects blame whenever it benefits him.

I can’t get over him saying “this is what they do to people” after barely squeaking by app state.

He lost to Mike Norvell.

He hasn’t recruited a decent LB since golden got him Shaq pick and Mccloud and it took him 5 YEARS to figure out Mccloud is a DE.

Plus so much more.

I’m sure he’s a decent dude but I can’t feel sorry for him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I did feel sorry for him when his boss who hired him went behind his back and threw him under the bus to cover his own back, absolutely snake thing to do. Then the FSU game happened… then I don’t feel bad for him anymore.

Just think of all the horrendous L’s he’s led us to..FiU, la tech, Duke, unc 2020, ga tech 2019, Fsu etc..and you’ll no longer feel sorry for him

Wonder if Saban would deny Manny’s analyst application into his coaching rehabilitation clinic lol

Advertisement
I got nothing against him personally. I’m sure he wanted to be great at UM, but it didn’t happen, so Audi 5000.

I never feel sorry for P5 coaches or CEOs of large companies. Only gigs in the world where you can be terrible and collect millions of dollars as you’re shown the door.

Advertisement
There are people in this world that won't earn 4 million dollars in their lifetime; much less a year.

...No, I don't feel sorry for Manny Diaz.

Advertisement
Back