Anybody else agree that A&M is a “must win” right now?

Advertisement
Week 1 is the biggest fraud like Oregon getting exposed. The ranking are really meaningless. There's no performance data to base the preseason rankings.

However, perception becomes reality. Florida is now thumping its chest because they beat a supposed top 10 team. They'll now likely jump into the top 10 after previously being unranked. You don't know how good either team is until they play other teams. That could have just been two mediocre evenly matched teams going at it.

What happens every year is a bunch of SEC teams get ranked high. They lose games to one another in conference play, but because they were ranked high, they don't drop far when they lose to other teams ranked high even if they don't look the part.

Miami has the same opportunity against a questionable top 10 AtM. Beat AtM and the team moves into the top 10 with an opportunity to reach the top 5 over the course of the season. Lose to AtM and the team drops to the late teens to 20's.

I'd say the AtM game is pivotal for confidence, the national picture, and perhaps a CFP appearance if things go the right way. However, it's meaningless towards conference championship goals.

It will be interesting to watch how AtM performs against App St. Seeing App St. against UNC and then against AtM will at least give us a reference to go by.
Indeed. But I still say it is a must win for recruiting purposes solely. Winning a sh1tty coastal and potentially losing to Clemson, imho, doesn’t really move the needle. Clemson is down a bit- that’s the public perception. We need to win it or be competitive in it. Anything less and we are going out sad…

So because UF won 1 game against a overrated Utah team, Now Miami MUST WIN?! Absolutely not. The season just started. UF will lose a fair share of games this year. Stop acting like UF will now dominate the trail because they won the first game of the season lol. It will help if we beat Texas AM but if we don't I highly doubt all the recruits we have or that are hot on will all bail. This is such a overreaction post

I watched it

Bringing up the refs is a cop out

I get it, we can’t ever give credit to Florida for anything good so whatever helps you sleep at night about them is fine with me

One game doesn’t matter anyway
Lol. Cognitive dissonance is real. These people can’t deal with the “new” reality right now. UF is perceived to be squarely headed in the right direction because of their “top 10” win. We need to respond in kind. And while I believe A&M is better than Utah, they are overrated and inflated- just like Utah. And yes- I believe we have a better team than UF, so we should expect similar results…

Sucks to say but ufag roster is ahead of our roster. Not by much though. But we have some great players at some positions. We need to get a barometer against a team with a pulse. But my thoughts are that we can hang with Utah also. And potentially beat them. Also if Utah didn’t seek out defeat then they’d have won easy
Lol Utah ran the ball on them at will…their roster isn’t ahead of ours.

Advertisement
Lol. Cognitive dissonance is real. These people can’t deal with the “new” reality right now. UF is perceived to be squarely headed in the right direction because of their “top 10” win. We need to respond in kind. And while I believe A&M is better than Utah, they are overrated and inflated- just like Utah. And yes- I believe we have a better team than UF, so we should expect similar results…
Bro

You’re emotional about Florida just say that instead

At least that much everyone could at least respect

No we just need to be competitive, we can't go out and get smacked 38-17 or some ****. If we can keep it within 10 points then that's a solid start for Mario considering Texas AM has a much better roster then us.
That may be true but that's not my mindset. I'm not into "just keeping it close." That's a defeatist approach.

Let's compete and win.

I think the B-C offense served its purpose. They had fast receivers and an athlete at QB that was elusive. Probably the most athletic QB we'll see all year. The game showed we need to sure up coverage and edge containment on passing plays. If we do that, I like our chances against AtM.

I can't believe the meltdown on here because Florida won by 3 points when they just as easily could have lost by 4 on the last play of that game. SMH

Some of you all need to man up and let Mario do his work. Getting back to the glory days involves getting the Jimmies and Joes who will get us there, not sweating a good, not great win, by an instate rival. It's not like Florida was the Jets beating the Colts in SBIII. Utah was a 2.5 point fave, a mild upset. RELAX.

Advertisement
Week 1 is the biggest fraud like Oregon getting exposed. The rankings are really meaningless. There's no performance data to base the preseason rankings.

However, perception becomes reality. Florida is now thumping its chest because they beat a supposed top 10 team. They'll now likely jump into the top 10 after previously being unranked. You don't know how good either team is until they play other teams. That could have just been two mediocre evenly matched teams going at it.

What happens every year is a bunch of SEC teams get ranked high. They lose games to one another in conference play, but because they were ranked high, they don't drop far when they lose to other teams ranked high even if they don't look the part.

Miami has the same opportunity against a questionable top 10 AtM. Beat AtM and the team moves into the top 10 with an opportunity to reach the top 5 over the course of the season. Lose to AtM and the team drops to the late teens to 20's.

I'd say the AtM game is pivotal for confidence, the national picture, and perhaps a CFP appearance if things go the right way. However, it's meaningless towards conference championship goals.

It will be interesting to watch how AtM performs against App St. Seeing App St. against UNC and then against AtM will at least give us a reference to go by.
Did not know the App St part good nugget.

Listen…UF got what their program desperately needed by knocking off a “top 10 opponent”- a shift in momentum as far as National perception goes, but most importantly, from a recruiting standpoint. (Best CB in years just CB’d to the gates after that win)🙄

Fck all the talk. We been fed complete bullsh1t for FAR too long now as a fan base. Everything from “butt buddies” to “binders”- we have been through ****! *** the talk. Walk the walk. If this staff is what they claim to be- if Mario is “the guy”- after the A&M game, the National perception of Miami should be squarely trending towards “being back”- win or lose. If the perception is anything other than that, then we’ve lost more than that game, we will have most definitely lost a kid or two who we desperately need. This game is MUCH MORE important to us than it is to A&M for so many reasons and this coaching staff should have these kids come out and play like it.

And for those of you who will inevitably post the requisite “Mario needs time….it will take at least 3 years”…blah blah blah- STOPPIT. Been around this game- playing, coaching, watching for over 40 years and one thing has ALWAYS held true- whether it be players OR coaches- “if they don’t bite as pups, they won’t bite as full grown dogs”. It shouldn’t take a “good” coach with above average talent to make a statement and beat a team like A&M.
Hot Shots Idiot GIF

TAMU had 2 turnovers and only got 3 yards per carry against Sam Houston. Haynes King had to do it all their running game was absent they couldn't get push against Sam Houston.

Listen…UF got what their program desperately needed by knocking off a “top 10 opponent”- a shift in momentum as far as National perception goes, but most importantly, from a recruiting standpoint. (Best CB in years just CB’d to the gates after that win)🙄

Fck all the talk. We been fed complete bullsh1t for FAR too long now as a fan base. Everything from “butt buddies” to “binders”- we have been through ****! *** the talk. Walk the walk. If this staff is what they claim to be- if Mario is “the guy”- after the A&M game, the National perception of Miami should be squarely trending towards “being back”- win or lose. If the perception is anything other than that, then we’ve lost more than that game, we will have most definitely lost a kid or two who we desperately need. This game is MUCH MORE important to us than it is to A&M for so many reasons and this coaching staff should have these kids come out and play like it.

And for those of you who will inevitably post the requisite “Mario needs time….it will take at least 3 years”…blah blah blah- STOPPIT. Been around this game- playing, coaching, watching for over 40 years and one thing has ALWAYS held true- whether it be players OR coaches- “if they don’t bite as pups, they won’t bite as full grown dogs”. It shouldn’t take a “good” coach with above average talent to make a statement and beat a team like A&M.
It's a "must win" for those who think we're good enough to be in CFP game. Is it winnable? Sure. Would I love us to win it? Absolutely! Must win? Nah

Advertisement

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

Cognitive dissonance? Good lord, what an arrogant f%$k! It is one game in a long season. What if Utah does not win the Pac 12 let alone their division? Utah has been a lousy road team, too. What if Florida gets smacked next week by Kentucky? What if Florida gets absolutely embarrassed by Georgia? What if Richardson gets hurt? What if Miami wins the Coastal and wins the ACC?

TAMU is an absolute must win.
And so was yesterday’s game.
And next week’s game.

Every game is a must win. There is no other mentality.
We won yesterday and the board is full of negativity.
If we lose to tamu by one point this board will be full of negativity.
If we win by 14 there will be negativity.

But wining every time you line it up is the goal.

Advertisement
TAMU is an absolute must win.
And so was yesterday’s game.
And next week’s game.

Every game is a must win. There is no other mentality.
We won yesterday and the board is full of negativity.
If we lose to tamu by one point this board will be full of negativity.
If we win by 14 there will be negativity.

But wining every time you line it up is the goal.
approved GIF

This paragraph might be the worst take Ive ever seen.

My friend in this landscape that’s CFB right now every single game is a must win. Period end of story….

To all the pu$$use who completely agree with what I’m saying but are too afraid to speak up and demand excellence because your afraid of not being “liked” on a fck’g message board need to open your collective mouths!

I get it- if you demand results from this staff, you are putting “undue” pressure on Mario which equates to one “not liking” Mario. I like Mario just fine, but the standard is the standard. We have a TOP NOTCHED STAFF with freaking HOF’mers roaming the sidelines! We have money and facilities now. And MOST importantly, we have talent- granted not the best at certain positions, but enough talent to win this game if this staff is what it’s supposed to be? Plain and simple. Mario gets paid handsomely to cook a good meal with the ingredients he has in the kitchen. That’s what I expect- a “good” meal out of these ingredients. When he delivers good meals week after week, he will start to get better ingredients…and then Mario will start giving us what we are really used to eating- fine dining!

Advertisement
Back