Anybody else agree that A&M is a “must win” right now?

OP too long/did not read BUT, perhaps, gators have upped the ante.
Maybe there is a sense of needing to hold serve?
Let’s go ahead and beat that ****.
Just in case.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Win or lose, we need to be competitive. What do we all hate from Danny Miaz? UNC blowout, Bammer blowout, LSU blowout…. Time to execute and be competitive. That is all I want from that game. Yes, yes I want to win but we are not going 15-0. ATM is a measuring stick, we have to be honest. Let’s give ‘em **** but anyway it goes, EXECUTE the called plays correctly.

Listen…UF got what their program desperately needed by knocking off a “top 10 opponent”- a shift in momentum as far as National perception goes, but most importantly, from a recruiting standpoint. (Best CB in years just CB’d to the gates after that win)🙄

Fck all the talk. We been fed complete bullsh1t for FAR too long now as a fan base. Everything from “butt buddies” to “binders”- we have been through ****! *** the talk. Walk the walk. If this staff is what they claim to be- if Mario is “the guy”- after the A&M game, the National perception of Miami should be squarely trending towards “being back”- win or lose. If the perception is anything other than that, then we’ve lost more than that game, we will have most definitely lost a kid or two who we desperately need. This game is MUCH MORE important to us than it is to A&M for so many reasons and this coaching staff should have these kids come out and play like it.

And for those of you who will inevitably post the requisite “Mario needs time….it will take at least 3 years”…blah blah blah- STOPPIT. Been around this game- playing, coaching, watching for over 40 years and one thing has ALWAYS held true- whether it be players OR coaches- “if they don’t bite as pups, they won’t bite as full grown dogs”. It shouldn’t take a “good” coach with above average talent to make a statement and beat a team like A&M.
No we just need to be competitive, we can't go out and get smacked 38-17 or some ****. If we can keep it within 10 points then that's a solid start for Mario considering Texas AM has a much better roster then us.

Advertisement
I love these threads. What the **** is "must win"? If Miami can't get a win at College Station, then what? Disband the program? Forfeit the season? Fire Mario?

A legit Top 10 SEC team is always better than a Top 10 Pac-12 squad. Utah going into "The Swamp" was a buzzsaw game for them. They wanted no part of that cross-country jaunt to humid, northern Florida.

Texas A&M has been stacking talent since Fisher got to town. That will be a tough out game three for Mario. Hope for the upset, but this reactive "Florida won big now we need to win big!" is nonsensical. Gators are an 8-4 team this year and Utah just showed it can't hang with the SEC.

Look at what Georgia just did to Oregon; takes some smoke off Florida surviving Utah.

Utah as a top 10 preseason to me is a joke. They were good last year because of their physical (read old) front 7. I think they returned 1 starter for their front seven. They got a bunch of returning DBs but let’s be clear: they fielded a team consisting of try hard white dudes.

IMO the media pumped this team up to help strength of schedule of their SEC opposition. Utah looks like 8 win team.

Yes. There’s no sugar coating this ****? It is what it is. This is a “must win game” for us- ****, ALL of our games are “must win”? Besides Clemson, what other shot do we have at beating a top 10 team and controlling the narrative? Nah, dude. This is as close to “must win” as you can get. A&M is not some juggernaut squad, dude. Stoppit. Win…or lose a close, hard fought game. Anything else is unacceptable with what we have on the sidelines….
Great! We're going to have a banner flying over HRS after game three of CMC's inaugural year. What a time to be alive.

If u think 1 win from the Gators is gonna suddenly transform everything you haven't watch CFB. They have more talent than Utah and were playing at home. Need I remind people these teams are ranked based on nothing at all. There is a reason the spread was 3 or less pre game. So all the people acting like it was a foregone conclusion were on smoke or blinded by hate for the lizards.

They started 3-1 last season lost by 2 to Bama and then come on stuck. We will need statement wins but for me, we need routine wins more. I wanna see more wins like v Bethune where we did nothing special and the score kept going up. Consistency is what's gonna change the program, not win a big game like we did v ND in 2017 or even that entire run, and then it's down hill after that. It's not a conference game and 1 win or loss not gonna make or break our season. Consistency is what we need
Well said

Just like Mario here it’s always easier when you have a freak at QB to lead your team. Not saying Napier can’t and won’t be successful but for as many teams that are ranked this year it’s kinda shocking that UF wasn’t one of them

Great win for them for sure but if you’ve watched enough football that game doesn’t tell much. A good sign of course, better than getting stomped

Advertisement
Listen…UF got what their program desperately needed by knocking off a “top 10 opponent”- a shift in momentum as far as National perception goes, but most importantly, from a recruiting standpoint. (Best CB in years just CB’d to the gates after that win)🙄

Fck all the talk. We been fed complete bullsh1t for FAR too long now as a fan base. Everything from “butt buddies” to “binders”- we have been through ****! *** the talk. Walk the walk. If this staff is what they claim to be- if Mario is “the guy”- after the A&M game, the National perception of Miami should be squarely trending towards “being back”- win or lose. If the perception is anything other than that, then we’ve lost more than that game, we will have most definitely lost a kid or two who we desperately need. This game is MUCH MORE important to us than it is to A&M for so many reasons and this coaching staff should have these kids come out and play like it.

And for those of you who will inevitably post the requisite “Mario needs time….it will take at least 3 years”…blah blah blah- STOPPIT. Been around this game- playing, coaching, watching for over 40 years and one thing has ALWAYS held true- whether it be players OR coaches- “if they don’t bite as pups, they won’t bite as full grown dogs”. It shouldn’t take a “good” coach with above average talent to make a statement and beat a team like A&M.
Such an unreasonable take. Jesus some of you just shouldn’t porst.

That Florida roster is and was in a much better place top to bottom than we are. Anyone expecting the world with Mario year 1 knows little to nothing about him or college football.

This should be a game where the coaches show they improved the team and we aren’t blown out by the end of the first half. Let’s not forget Bethune is still juking and dragging or highly touted safeties down the field.

It’s funny that people thought Florida flat out sucked and has no talent. They still recruit well. Richardson is a major running threat and took over the game. Florida lacks WR and RB elite talent but they have players over there. At home, hot as **** muggy night, got a pick in the endzone and a goal line stand. If that game is played 10 times Utah wins 8.

Miami going to A&M with like 90K screaming fans mostly likely game day prime time matchup at night is going to be tough. It’s not a must win game and if Miami wins the coastal and is in Charlotte playing for the ACC championship no one will ever what happened week 3 at A&M.

Mario has the right mindset and i'm sure he'll get the most out of these guys. The defense didn't look as fast as I anticipated, but it was the first game and I expect they'll to settle down and look better next week. The Bethune QB was a great test for the defensive unit and our inability to contain got exposed. We play a lot of running QBs this season and it's good we got tested early.

Advertisement
It's a very winnable game and I actually like our chances but must win is tough and if this is a must win by your standards we better win all our games 12-0 then
A poster in another thread said it perfectly. “It doesn’t matter how many you win, but which ones you win”, or something to that effect. He was stating this with regards to the perception of the kids we are recruiting- and he’s absolutely right. It’s the classic “chicken and the egg” argument here.
If a coach is truly a good/great coach, he needs to win these types of games to make recruits say to themselves “wow, they’re close…I can come in and get them over the hump”. Then that good/great coach starts to add some serious talent to apply to his skill set…and he’s ROLLING. Or, you get a coach who isn’t a good/great coach, but he inherits good/great talent (Coker, Mullen, etc.). He “should” enjoy success initially, but because he isn’t a good/great coach, the success eventually wains and he is no longer able to pull in great talent. The overall product suffers and he is eventually replaced. Rinse and repeat.

Good/great coaches have to coach their asses off that first couple of years to show everyone that the only thing missing is a top wr or a couple of lbs, etc.. If everyone sees that you have “enough “ talent on your roster already and you get run out of the club by any team with a pulse, chances are you aren’t that guy and you WILL NOT get top flight kids to buy in to whatever you’re selling. Then by year 3, there’s “banner talk” and here we go again. People aren’t stupid…they have eyes too…

“And a hit dog hollers”

or whatever it is those jort wearing inbreds say

PoRst less
🤮
You must be very young…or just immature? Lol. I ask because this younger generation simply can’t deal with anything negative, they simply lack the ability to reconcile anything that opposes their perception of reality. It’s logic.
See, I can do it too…and it will actually be apropos….”whatever helps you sleep at night”?

Clown.

Advertisement

no. don't agree

Must win, no. Do we have to compete and not look like Oregon from yesterday?…

Ab-so-fahking-lutely… we can’t go there and get our cheeks clapped like we don’t belong on the same field as them.

And us Canes fans would do ourselves a huge service by worrying less about what’s going on at UF… we have enough to excited about and to be concerned about for that matter. F them.

I think Mario is using these 2 games as the get ready for a&m. Wouldn’t be surprised if next week is closer than expected. I’m more interested in how prepared we are. How we respond to the scoreboard. At the presser Mario said he couldn’t wait to get back to work today. We got the right guy and staff. Execution is A key.

Advertisement
Back