Anybody else agree that A&M is a “must win” right now?

This TAMU team is totally beatable, and I’m not just basing that off of the Sam Houston game. Their offense just isn’t very good, and they’re weak at the most important position in football. We aren’t playing Bryce Young and that 2021 Bama team again.

Advertisement
A win would be amazing and help National Perception. With FSU about to win and UF winning this weekend. We need to show up against aTm and make it a game. We can not get blown out or lay down like teams of the past. Show that this is a new day in Miami.

This guy is on crack. A coach in his first year at Miami with a team that was 7-5 last year. We are playing a top 5 team on their own turf. Yet this guy states that it is a "Must Win". Must win or else, we start flying the plane? Where is that Chappelle video on the crack addict Tyrone? This guy must be on the real cheap crack.
1662346743321.jpeg

Last edited:
A win would be amazing and help National Perception. With FSU about to win and UF winning this weekend. We need to show up against aTm and make it a game. We can not get blown out or lay down like teams of the past. Show that this is a new day in Miami.
This, exactly. Everybody railing against this notion is definitely more concerned with protecting “their guy” and not the brand. There’s no self respecting Canes fan conceding a loss to an overrated *** A&M team because Mario is in year 1. And???? Must win. Our win would be easily be the most impressive out of the Big 3.

Advertisement
Define “must win”.

Our fanbase loves to place these expectations as if it’s something that’ll help motivate the team. Why don’t we just focus on getting better today?

I hear you, but as long as early signing day is in December and final signing day is in February, I just don't see the reason behind freaking out over a single win by either of those schools in September. If they are both 4-0 and dominant when October comes around, I'll start to get worried. A 3 point home win over an overrated PAC 12 team who was only a 2.5 point favorite and a 1 point win over an unranked LSU team favored by 3.

Let's not anoint these guys as the future just yet.

Advertisement
Not saying it's a must win. But I will say, it better be blow for blow close because it will look awful if we get man handled. Make it a good game and or win and it will be fine. Look like we don't belong and it will hurt significantly

People just need to calm tf down about a must win because UF and FSU both legitimately got lucky with goal line plays in the dying seconds. Just cuz you can’t talk crap to your friends, relatives, co-workers, boss, or some random person for a week doesn’t have a bearing on Miamis game in College Station.

Miami will be fine. By the way we have FSU on the schedule, that’s a must win more than A&M is.

Advertisement
People just need to calm tf down about a must win because UF and FSU both legitimately got lucky with goal line plays in the dying seconds. Just cuz you can’t talk crap to your friends, relatives, co-workers, boss, or some random person for a week doesn’t have a bearing on Miamis game in College Station.

Miami will be fine. By the way we have FSU on the schedule, that’s a must win more than A&M is.
This x 100000000

Put it like this, we win the next 2 games we'll be top 10 going into conference play. I don't think anyone in this conference can match up with us besides Clemson. We'll be a playoff ranked team by then. So yes, those 2 wins will have a big play on optics at the end of the year.

It would be a marquee win much earlier than expected, if we could pull it off. No doubt we’d be a Top 10 team going into conference play. Some observations from yesterday (To their credit Sam Houston is an excellent FCS program):

-Jimbo doesn’t have a dog at QB. Uneven QB play that clearly lacked confidence. Some nice throws here and there but some major head scratchers too.

-Two bad int’s.

-A&M’s run game was non-existent. They consistently got stuffed and couldn’t get anything going.

-OL play was subpar, though pass protection was better than the run.

-A&M’s defense is going to challenge us big time. They’re big, physical, and disciplined. Best defense well play all year, most probably.

Overall, we have a chance and can win. Our defense needs to show up, and TVD needs to have the game of his life. Our defense needs to be on top of its game because scoring opportunities will probably be few and far between.

Advertisement
I don’t know if it’s a must win..but getting blown out or not looking competitive is ABSOLUTELY not an option. That’s off the table now. I don’t care about excuses. Your two in-state rivals who we are going head to head with on many recruits just posted impressive wins on the board. We have to respond accordingly. Maybe not win, but we better go down swinging.

Advertisement
Back