Antonio Crawford now visiting this weekend

Wouldn't be surprised at all if I was told that we pulled something similar with Briscoe.

Advertisement
any film on this kid? i searched everywhere and could not find anything. Odd a kid from such a big time program wouldn't have a highlight tape out there.

Sounds like Johnson (not to be confused with MY johnson) has a ton of top notch backups to embrace an attitude like that.

A 20-minute raking over the coals, and the kid STILL says, "I'm still visiting the University of Miami this weekend." ?????

Balls.

All balls.

Kid's got moxie. I like it.

Advertisement
This guy jumped off the screen in the state title game. He was all over Malcolm Lewis.

His mom wants him at GT and when the coaches wanted to do an in home visit, she told them she was "too busy"

But from the sounds of the article, he wants to be here and his mom will support his decision.

His mom just needs to meet Golden and she'll be happy. I would almost guarantee he'll commit. He has to. Johnson doesn't play games like this.

I think its safe to say that Crawford will commit this weekend...[h=6]Big County Preps shared a link.[/h]Crawford offered by Miami, but could lose GT scholarship
bigcountypreps.comOne of Georgia Tech’s top football commitments risks losing his scholarship offer if he takes a recruiting trip to Miami this weekend. Antonio Crawford, a defensive back from Tampa’s Plant...

Like · · Share · 5 · 2 hours ago ·

Advertisement
Recruiting is a dirty game but I have to say, I have major respect for Johnson! If all coaches would do this....

This guy jumped off the screen in the state title game. He was all over Malcolm Lewis.

Yeah he is built solid and can really run. Clocked at 4.39 at Dawg Day. Nice to see us grab a kid from Plant too, now that the door there is back open.

Advertisement
Recruiting is a dirty game but I have to say, I have major respect for Johnson! If all coaches would do this....

Yea but there is other side where a kid has been committed since the middle of the summer to a school, shuts down recruiting, stops taking calls but then gets dropped by a school with 2 weeks to go till signing day. (just happened to one of my kids)

Had no idea who this kid was until I watched that state title game. Kid looked like a 5 star prospect and just popped out on the TV. Very noticeable man he was all over Lewis and was fast. Lewis had to make that insane catch just to get by him. Found out he played on offense all year and then finally made the move to CB where he looks amazing.

2 star prospect. Sheesh

I think Crawford's a solid 3-star type kid.

Ringz, you gotta take the blinders off on the stars...I know you're trollin', but when a kid is committed to Georgia Tech, boy ain't going to be evaluated by the sites like he's going to Texas or Notre Dame or being recruiting by the big three in-state schools.

Fact is, every single year, there are players from in-state that go out of state or to "lesser programs" but are studs from jump street. They can be 3, 2, 1, NR stars. The state is so deep at DB and the skill spots every single year, I guess its bound to happen...

I'm not saying Crawford is one of those kids...he just has the makeup of one. First started as a junior, played O and D (played well on both), has strong straight line speed. I think he's a kid that flew under the radar...but GT got on him pretty early and got his commitment. We offered and got commits from several kids like that, and so far, they all ended up having "breakout" seasons, although, may not have been evaluated by the sites as such because they've been committed since the summer (Larry Hope, D'Mauri Jones, Ereck Flowers, Josh Witt, Jontavious Carter, among others)...I think Crawford's in a similar mold of a player that kind of came up late and wasn't evaluated properly.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Crawford is a baller, but for some reason has been overlooked. Kid has an 8-11 broad jump and runs a 4.1 shuttle. He has measurables and production. I like him as much as any corner we have in this class outside of Bush.

Yea but there is other side where a kid has been committed since the middle of the summer to a school, shuts down recruiting, stops taking calls but then gets dropped by a school with 2 weeks to go till signing day. (just happened to one of my kids)

Saban just did that to a kid from GA, said he didn't have the room for him even though he was one of their first commits. He did have knee surgery i believe but he was coming along nicely.

I think Crawford's a solid 3-star type kid.

Ringz, you gotta take the blinders off on the stars...I know you're trollin', but when a kid is committed to Georgia Tech, boy ain't going to be evaluated by the sites like he's going to Texas or Notre Dame or being recruiting by the big three in-state schools.

Fact is, every single year, there are players from in-state that go out of state or to "lesser programs" but are studs from jump street. They can be 3, 2, 1, NR stars. The state is so deep at DB and the skill spots every single year, I guess its bound to happen...

I'm not saying Crawford is one of those kids...he just has the makeup of one.

Good post bruh. Figure Plant wasn't really loaded with elite prospects this year either and you have had FSU and UiF loading up on DB's and it makes sense how a kid like Crawford would get left behind. I think he was a WR last year too.

Either way I am all in on him. He absolutely looks the part.

I like crawford but if another CB commits does that make Howard stay away? I mean we are bringing in a ton of CBs. We need all we can get but i would hate to miss on howard because we took crawford

Advertisement
Back