Antonio Crawford now visiting this weekend

I think if we end up with both Crawford and Howard, that would mean SEVEN cornerbacks in this class not even including AJL or Waters (who i think should stay at WR). That is pretty much an entire roster's worth of CBs. To me, it would signal that Davon Johnson and Keion Payne arent long for this program, and that Golden might even go balls to the wall REBUILD from the ground up and thank McGee for his services and ask him to graduate (i just get the impression that the coaches dont really have faith in McGee). We would have to endure the growing pains of a CB rotation filled entirely by first and second year players but it might be worth it to take our lumps now then waste a year with a 5th year kid that really hasnt shown much.

Advertisement
That's a good call on Payne and Johnson. Not sure about McGee getting the boot, though.

McGee isn't going anywhere, believe it or not he's our best returning CB. He's a true Jr this year anyway.

We need as many DB prospects as possible.

Defensive backs have the athletic ability to also play safety as mentioned in this thread but also special teams whether it is on coverage or returns.

Also you guys are quick to point out that only 2 DB's get on the field at a time, well that is not true. More and more teams are running spread offenses with multiple WR's on the field. That means you need a good 6 or 7 corners ready to sub in and out.

We have no depth and it is not "too many." Guys get winded and guys get injured all the time. Golden is taking the bull by the horns and fixing the problem, not just duct taping it back together.

Advertisement
McGee isn't going anywhere, believe it or not he's our best returning CB. He's a true Jr this year anyway.

lol no hes not. Mcgee has been our worst CB everytime he is on the field. Never seen a softer bad tackler who cant cover like him. DVD was like Deion compared to McGee.

McGee needs to go. I dont care if we make any other cuts but McGeee needs to go. I know it probably wont happen because of lack of depth but ****. We need...

Jamal Reid
Latwan Anderson
Patrick Peterson
T.J. Bryant

instead we got McGee.

Advertisement
Can't argue that McGee has looked like he shouldn't be seeing the field, but the other guys you mentioned :T.J. Bryant rode the pine for USC. Latwan Anderson is a headcase. Jamal Reid sucked. Patrick Peterson was bought.

Jayron Hosley. Now were talking.

McGee got better as the year wore on. He wasn't a complete liability towards the end of the year.

Give him another offseason to improve, he'll be alright next year.

Georgia Tech football recruit risks losing his scholarship offer if he visits Miami this weekend

“Everything has happened so quickly, and I have really had a chance to think about it a lot yet,” Crawford said on Thursday night.
“I know I’m definitely considering the University of Miami. But, as of right now, I’m still committed to Georgia Tech.”
Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson heard about Miami’s flirtations and had a 20-minute phone conversation with Crawford on Thursday.
Crawford said his Georgia Tech scholarship will be jeopardized if he boards the plane to Miami on Friday.
“Coach Johnson basically said ‘If you’re looking around, then we’re looking around,’” Crawford said.
“He said if I take my visit to Miami, they are bringing in a guy at Georgia Tech this weekend for a visit.
If that guy commits, then he takes my spot.” Is Crawford willing to take the risk?

“I’m still visiting the University of Miami this weekend,” he said.

Advertisement
Georgia Tech football recruit risks losing his scholarship offer if he visits Miami this weekend

“Everything has happened so quickly, and I have really had a chance to think about it a lot yet,” Crawford said on Thursday night.
“I know I’m definitely considering the University of Miami. But, as of right now, I’m still committed to Georgia Tech.”
Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson heard about Miami’s flirtations and had a 20-minute phone conversation with Crawford on Thursday.
Crawford said his Georgia Tech scholarship will be jeopardized if he boards the plane to Miami on Friday.
“Coach Johnson basically said ‘If you’re looking around, then we’re looking around,’” Crawford said.
“He said if I take my visit to Miami, they are bringing in a guy at Georgia Tech this weekend for a visit.
If that guy commits, then he takes my spot.” Is Crawford willing to take the risk?

“I’m still visiting the University of Miami this weekend,” he said.

What a douche Johnson is. You're at facking Georgia Tech, get outta here with that nonsense.

I'd probably feel different if he did this here though lol

I think Golden has been quoted on here saying, "If you're still looking, we're still looking."

But I don't think Golden pulls schollies because of this.

Sounds like Johnson (not to be confused with MY johnson) has a ton of top notch backups to embrace an attitude like that.

A 20-minute raking over the coals, and the kid STILL says, "I'm still visiting the University of Miami this weekend." ?????

Balls.

All balls.

Advertisement
Yea there's a big difference between "if you're looking, we're looking" and automatically pulling a kid's scholly if he visits anywhere. While I understand where Johnson is coming from, it also shows weakness in that he's not willing to fight for recruits.

I wonder if one of the CB that's already committed, besides AJL, won't make it in?? All the reason to get AC and TH on board.

JC

Wondering the same.... we've got FIVE corners already committed (Gunter, Bush, Davis, Hope, Dortch). I'm wondering if something's up with Dortch maybe? 6 or 7 just seems excessive but obviously you ain't turning Howard away and Crawford seems like he'd be in the top half of the group to me.

That's fine. We need them in the worst way. If you're going to take too many guys at one position, take the most versatile.

His mom wants him at GT and when the coaches wanted to do an in home visit, she told them she was "too busy"

But from the sounds of the article, he wants to be here and his mom will support his decision.

Advertisement
Back