Amidst all the negativity (deserved in part),...

Does anyone have a clip of Malik's TD that was called back? I missed the game due to (IRMA) clean up, no cable, etc.

Thank you in advance.

Advertisement
They cant just key on the RB any more.That opens it up for Walton big time. I dare Duke to stack the box on our RPO sets .Go ahead and try.

I am not a fan of running style QBs. I like what brought us those rings. I never expected Rosier to be our starter. BUT, there is one sat that matters the most about QBs -- WINS. Rosier is the only undefeated Hurricane QB. Until beaten, he s the best we have ever had. Even if he loses a game but gets us to the playoffs, he is fantastic. Bernie was about the ugliest thing back there but he started the whole thing.

I remember Joe Willie picking the Super Bowl between the Perfect Fins and the Redskins. In every category he gave the Skins the edge. Then he got to who would win and he picked the Fins( by 7 I think). "Never go against undefeated," he said. Keep it up Malik.

Advertisement
I am not a fan of running style QBs. I like what brought us those rings. I never expected Rosier to be our starter. BUT, there is one sat that matters the most about QBs -- WINS. Rosier is the only undefeated Hurricane QB. Until beaten, he s the best we have ever had. Even if he loses a game but gets us to the playoffs, he is fantastic. Bernie was about the ugliest thing back there but he started the whole thing.

I remember Joe Willie picking the Super Bowl between the Perfect Fins and the Redskins. In every category he gave the Skins the edge. Then he got to who would win and he picked the Fins( by 7 I think). "Never go against undefeated," he said. Keep it up Malik.
this takes the cake for the oddest "putting positive spin on something " post of the week.

I thought he played very well. Needs to use his legs a little more often (better pocket awareness) but has the talent to be surprisingly good. Outside of pressing on a few throws, his touch/accuracy was impressive.

Some of the criticism (mine included) probably lands unfairly on him instead of Richt. Poor play calling & design limits what this O can do. All of his throws are contested, making his job harder than it should be.

nothing more frustrating last year than that RPO with zero QB run threat, and the opposing DE just crashing in on the RB

I think you'll see him use his legs more often as the season rolls along. He's starting to get comfortable

Advertisement
Dude's sucking their own **** over a couple nice showings over Bethune and Toledo?

Not on CIS? nooooooo?

Best part after the huge run was called back he nailed a 3rd and long throw to Harley that set up the homer touchdown. Really good sequence for Malik.

I'm not going to pretend that I was all in on Rosier or create a new narrative that I always knew he had it in him. As a matter of fact, I was one of the one's who said he stunk in the Toledo game thread. However, since [MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION] created this thread, which doesn't happen often, I will be more than glad to say I will eat crow on this one, and this crow has never been so tasty.

Rosier is, indeed, a gamer. He's cool, he's calm, and he's matured. After that pick, regardless of how horrible it was, he won me over. He immediately marched the team right down field and game over'd Toledo. That's the mark of a winner. One thing I did complain about was Richt hand cuffing Rosier. Kudos to CMR releasing Rosier in the 2nd half, allowing him to rip and run. His RPO scheme won't work if the R for the QB is prohibited. I know Richt is trying to slow down the game so Rosier limits his TOs, but you got let the young man be a dual threat, too. Our O will become exponentially better once Richt allows Rosier to keep the defense honest on 3 facets.

Now w all that said, I'm not willing to crown him quite yet. His performances, thus far, have been against a FCS and non-power 5 school. I can't wait til Friday get here, b/c Duke has been a tough opponent thus far in the season. If see the same thing against Duke that we've seen against Toledo, then I will add a side of taters to that crow and I'm dining all season. Great thread [MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION].

I was admittedly never really high on Rosier but he clearly won the quarterback competition so I've been in his corner since. He's looked really sharp, (I know against a bad FCS defense and probably the worst FBS defense) but if you can't play against the bad teams, how the **** can you expect to play against the good ones? The offense is far more tailored to what he does best and it's showing. I don't even have a legit criticism so far. He's been **** good. The only problem has been Richt being too vanilla for long stretches and not allowing Malik to throw the ball downfield. As soon as he opened up the offense against Toledo, they were unstoppable. I hope his confidence keeps growing and he lights up Duke this Friday.

On a related note: it sure is nice to see this RPO offense clicking on all cylinders even if it's not for entire games. It was always clunky with Kaaya back there. Even if he was having a good game, everything looked out of sync. With Malik, it's looks a lot smoother.

Advertisement
He reminds me a little like Dak Prescott when he was at MSU, run mostly when necessary, take off a couple of times by design, strong arm with a need to work on his foot work when passing.

It starts with the owners of this website. They had him dead before camp even started. And most people on this site treat Pete like a god.

We said the same things publicly that Richt was saying privately. I am happy as **** to be wrong, as I'm sure Richt is. Rosier has improved tremendously and has been one of the real bright spots through two games.

“There were moments where I told him, ‘You won’t play for me.’

“But he, to his credit, has done a great job of turning that around and changing my mind because I was like, ‘I doubt this guy can play’ because of those types of things. But he really turned it around. He’s not perfect by any means but he’s really done a great job.”

UM's Richt previously told Rosier: "You won't play for me"; Hurricanes notes | Miami Herald

Well said, Chise. What I love about Rosier:

- throws a great deep (catchable) ball with great touch - best touch on a ball I've seen here in 10+ years
- can sling it with the best of them but has the presence of mind of knowing when to put extra juice on the ball or when to take some off
- has a strong baseball background (catcher in HS, iirc) so that plays into his leadership abilities
- Nice wiggle out of the pocket

Advertisement
I saw a thread on this board at 5:12pm Saturday (about halftime of the Toledo game) calling for N'Kosi. This thread can't be real.

LOL at all the "we haven't played anyone yet" guys still slinking around in the weeds hoping for Malik to fail so they can be right. You're right. We haven't played anyone yet. We didn't play anyone early last year either, and the experienced veteran Kaaya looked like vaginal discharge.

Guess who else "hasn't played anyone yet?" Our vaunted defense. But that hasn't stopped them from playing like equine excrement.

Just be a UM fan and give the kid the fcking credit he's EARNED. If he fcks up later, then you still have plenty of time to hang him in effigy and claim that you were right and that a clueless freshmans should have been the starter from day one.

P. S. On my Administrator view, I can see all you closeted, lurking facquits furiously saving this thread hoping beyond hope that Malik flops so you can shove it up my cagootz.

Truly amazing ain't it?

The "F*#k Berrios" crowd is lurking as well.

Chise Rosier for my money is the most comfortable QB we've had here since Dorsey. He's owning the position. Loving it.....

If our defense removes head from *** we might have something here this year.

LOL at all the "we haven't played anyone yet" guys still slinking around in the weeds hoping for Malik to fail so they can be right. You're right. We haven't played anyone yet. We didn't play anyone early last year either, and the experienced veteran Kaaya looked like vaginal discharge.

Guess who else "hasn't played anyone yet?" Our vaunted defense. But that hasn't stopped them from playing like equine excrement.

Just be a UM fan and give the kid the fcking credit he's EARNED. If he fcks up later, then you still have plenty of time to hang him in effigy and claim that you were right and that a clueless freshmans should have been the starter from day one.

P. S. On my Administrator view, I can see all you closeted, lurking facquits furiously saving this thread hoping beyond hope that Malik flops so you can shove it up my cagootz.

Truly amazing ain't it?

The "F*#k Berrios" crowd is lurking as well.

Chise Rosier for my money is the most comfortable QB we've had here since Dorsey. He's owning the position. Loving it.....

If our defense removes head from *** we might have something here this year.

I knew he was a gamer based on how he responded as an emergency starter on the road as an underdog as a freshmans, who, admittedly, wasn't a prep monster. But he's even surprised me a little with how cool and comfortable he looks out there. For those who pay attention to eyes and body language, this dude looks unflappable.

I dont hope the dude fail but i cant crown him for doing what he was supposed to do vs the teams he played. As i said once we get into conference play and he performs well i will give him the credit he earned.

Advertisement
Back