Amidst all the negativity (deserved in part),...

There were a few throws/plays that stood out to me:
1. Hitch to Harley on 3rd down. Harley bobbled it, but it was a long throw and a dangerous throw, but it was flat out on the money. I believe #82 makes that catch clean the first time and it would've been a 1st down
2. Curl to Mullins. Wasn't a lot of separation, but ball placement was absolutely spot on again
3. BB catch and run. I think this was an audible by Malik. I really hope it was
4. 3 and long throw to Harley. Read the coverage and delivered a long strike in a tough spot.

All in all we should be absolutely giddy about what we saw in that second half from Rosier and from the OL as a whole

Was that curl to Mullins the one he dropped? I do remember a Rosier pass that probably woulda went for 30 that was beautifully squeezed between what I believe was double coverage that the receiver horribly dropped.

Advertisement
1. Hitch to Harley on 3rd down. Harley bobbled it, but it was a long throw and a dangerous throw, but it was flat out on the money. I believe #82 makes that catch clean the first time and it would've been a 1st down
2. Curl to Mullins. Wasn't a lot of separation, but ball placement was absolutely spot on again
4. 3 and long throw to Harley. Read the coverage and delivered a long strike in a tough spot.

All in all we should be absolutely giddy about what we saw in that second half from Rosier

Excellent stuff there, Fawk.

I really like how Malik reacted when we were behind and how he responded after that bad pick. I put a ton of stock in intangibles with QBs, and it rarely leads me astray.

By the way, I saw Jeff Thomas in the area on that pick. Was it a busted route or just a horrible throw?

Malik provided the answer to your question, and another great trait of a good QB, he took ownership of the pick. Said he had him wide open and missed the throw.

I was harsh in the first half. Second half absolutely made me excited to see what he can do. You hit the intangibles on the head with regards to QBs and intangibles. I think that was Tebow's greatest attribute. His intangibles, sure as **** wasn't his athleticism or throwing ability.

All in all we should be absolutely giddy about what we saw in that second half from Rosier and from the OL as a whole

Was that curl to Mullins the one he dropped? I do remember a Rosier pass that probably woulda went for 30 that was beautifully squeezed between what I believe was double coverage that the receiver horribly dropped.

No it was caught and it was Mullins first catch. maybe a 1/2 yard of separation from 84 and the db. DB came from the inside shoulder and the ball was placed on the outside shoulder. Mullins almost broke the tackle for a long gain. However the timing, location, and everything about the play just made me believe he can do this.

All in all we should be absolutely giddy about what we saw in that second half from Rosier

Excellent stuff there, Fawk.

I really like how Malik reacted when we were behind and how he responded after that bad pick. I put a ton of stock in intangibles with QBs, and it rarely leads me astray.

By the way, I saw Jeff Thomas in the area on that pick. Was it a busted route or just a horrible throw?

Malik provided the answer to your question, and another great trait of a good QB, he took ownership of the pick. Said he had him wide open and missed the throw.

I was harsh in the first half. Second half absolutely made me excited to see what he can do. You hit the intangibles on the head with regards to QBs and intangibles. I think that was Tebow's greatest attribute. His intangibles, sure as **** wasn't his athleticism or throwing ability.

The second half showed me a lot about Richt as well. It's time to open things up and let Rosier sling it.

As easy as it is to rip on Kaaya, I think the coolness a lot of you are alluding to can be attributed to Rosier learning under Kaaya. You can say many things about B-rad but he always kept his composure.

Advertisement
As easy as it is to rip on Kaaya, I think the coolness a lot of you are alluding to can be attributed to Rosier learning under Kaaya. You can say many things about B-rad but he always kept his composure.

looked cool as ice sticking it right into jalen ramsey's jersey

...I want to prop up my boy Rosier. I think he's going a little unappreciated because so many respected posters on here had him dead and buried last year and basically called him raw sewerage. So it's tough for those guys to backtrack now because it's a bruise to the ego to see Rosier doing so well when they had him not having the ability to even be a backup here. Might be why the praise is coming so grudgingly.

He's been a real bright spot to the season for me. It's funny how stuff works out because most everyone had the defense as a major plus for us going into the season and Rosier as a gigantic minus.

One of the things that impresses me most about this guy is his seeming coolness. Even after that bad pick, he just looked like nothing bothers him. That's a HUGE factor when it comes to playing good effective QB, and it's one of the reasons I kept going back to the Duke game his freshmans season. That coolness is what allowed him to perform so well in that game.

And it's what let him bounce back from that pick against Toledo and start throwing dimes again immediately.

Guys sometimes get too wrapped up in practice and gym shorts and arm strength and height. This dude Rosier is a gamer, and I like him.

I never got the hate, after the duke I was sold. Even though it was one game , he made 3-4 very impressive throws. A few of the passes were straight dimes, some of the best throws I'd seen around here in awhile.

He also brings athletic ability to the position. Which is a nice change.

He'll miss some throws here and there that'll leave you scratching your head , but he's a gamer and seems to move the chains.

Last edited:

I'm not so sure Kaaya had that calm coolness. And I think his inability to rally the team to any comebacks and our 2nd half choke jobs in many of his starts belie Kaaya having that coolness.

No it was caught and it was Mullins first catch. maybe a 1/2 yard of separation from 84 and the db. DB came from the inside shoulder and the ball was placed on the outside shoulder. Mullins almost broke the tackle for a long gain. However the timing, location, and everything about the play just made me believe he can do this.

Gotcha. Any recollection of the play I'm trying to remember? I've yet to rewatch the game sober but I remember thinking mannnn that was a nice ball that either Mullins or Choc Gray dropped. I think it was Mullins though.

Advertisement
Let’s see what happens in ACC play. We have played two cupcakes thus far, whom we handled but not with the ease expected.

I'm not so sure Kaaya had that calm coolness. And I think his inability to rally the team to any comebacks and our 2nd half choke jobs in many of his starts belie Kaaya having that coolness.

Folding like a Wal Mart tent in a drizzle of pressure doesn't make one cool under pressure.

image.jpg

He had a phenomenal game, I was really impressed with his running ability. As already stated, the called back TD was terrific play on his part.

He's really shown me a lot thus far, I know it's still early but I'm happy with how he's performed.

I think once we get Ahmmon back that'll really open things up against ACC Defenses & we'll see him running the ball even more.

He's not a Speedy blazer, but extremely elusive as a runner, and protects the ball while running which I love.

I can't wait until a team tries to send the house on a blitz & he steps up in the pocket & slips past the 2nd level of the Defense.

He really accelerates well when gets in the open field, very shifty & gets chunks of yards every time he runs.

Also, think about how ****** Kaaya looked at this same time last year vs FAMU & FAU in comparison to Rosier now. Night & Day difference.

Last edited:
Advertisement
After looking at the film again, I believe the missed practice and game hurt offense bad in first half. Malik played about s good s you can ask in 2nd half. Defense is apuzzler, looked undisicipled and unsure of what the heck they were supposed to be doing. If they had made just a 50% stop rate think this game would have been about 70-14 score.

Sometimes one can be so "cool" that they don't actually rise in the face of real pressure. I think sometimes we confuse a subdued personality with being calm and cool. Gimme a guy that gets fired up in the face of adversity any day over a guy possibly trying to act like he's not rattled by it.

...I want to prop up my boy Rosier. I think he's going a little unappreciated because so many respected posters on here had him dead and buried last year and basically called him raw sewerage. So it's tough for those guys to backtrack now because it's a bruise to the ego to see Rosier doing so well when they had him not having the ability to even be a backup here. Might be why the praise is coming so grudgingly.

He's been a real bright spot to the season for me. It's funny how stuff works out because most everyone had the defense as a major plus for us going into the season and Rosier as a gigantic minus.

One of the things that impresses me most about this guy is his seeming coolness. Even after that bad pick, he just looked like nothing bothers him. That's a HUGE factor when it comes to playing good effective QB, and it's one of the reasons I kept going back to the Duke game his freshmans season. That coolness is what allowed him to perform so well in that game.

And it's what let him bounce back from that pick against Toledo and start throwing dimes again immediately.

Guys sometimes get too wrapped up in practice and gym shorts and arm strength and height. This dude Rosier is a gamer, and I like him.

Hands down the most positive and genuine post I have ever seen from you Franchise...are you turning over a new leaf? I am actually suspicious that your account may have been hacked.

Advertisement

Gotcha. Any recollection of the play I'm trying to remember? I've yet to rewatch the game sober but I remember thinking mannnn that was a nice ball that either Mullins or Choc Gray dropped. I think it was Mullins though.

Yes it was a fade down the sidelines that was a nice ball to Mullins for sure, but the reason why you probably have choc in your head is because you saw choc WIDE *** OPEN on the check down with room to run for the first down, but he threw the fade to Mullins. Still a nice ball and probably should've been caught, but man we had a first down with choc underneath.

Yes it was a fade down the sidelines that was a nice ball to Mullins for sure, but the reason why you probably have choc in your head is because you saw choc WIDE *** OPEN on the check down with room to run for the first down, but he threw the fade to Mullins. Still a nice ball and probably should've been caught, but man we had a first down with choc underneath.

That was it exactly! Thank you, sir.

View attachment 50434

He had a phenomenal game, I was really impressed with his running ability. As already stated, the called back TD was terrific play on his part.

He's really shown me a lot thus far, I know it's still early but I'm happy with how he's performed.

I think once we get Ahmmon back that'll really open things up against ACC Defenses & we'll see him running the ball even more.

He's not a Speedy blazer, but extremely elusive as a runner, and protects the ball while running which I love.

I can't wait until a team tries to send the house on a blitz & he steps up in the pocket & slips past the 2nd level of the Defense.

He really accelerates well when gets in the open field, very shifty & gets chunks of yards every time he runs.

Also, think about how ****ty Kaaya looked at this same time last year vs FAMU & FAU in comparison to Rosier now. Night & Day difference.

He can do with his legs those things that have absolutely put a dagger into all of our hearts over the years when we play that kind of QB

That's what i thought when i saw the scramble for TD and then the read option TD. Normally that is us on D and an opposing teams QB going for a TD or first down to put us away

Advertisement
Back