Amidst all the negativity (deserved in part),...

Advertisement
It starts with the owners of this website. They had him dead before camp even started. And most people on this site treat Pete like a god.

I hope he kills it in conference play. He's got the makeup of the type of guy I like at the college level. Just very hesitant right now to buy in.

Advertisement
...I want to prop up my boy Rosier. I think he's going a little unappreciated because so many respected posters on here had him dead and buried last year and basically called him raw sewerage. So it's tough for those guys to backtrack now because it's a bruise to the ego to see Rosier doing so well when they had him not having the ability to even be a backup here. Might be why the praise is coming so grudgingly.

He's been a real bright spot to the season for me. It's funny how stuff works out because most everyone had the defense as a major plus for us going into the season and Rosier as a gigantic minus.

One of the things that impresses me most about this guy is his seeming coolness. Even after that bad pick, he just looked like nothing bothers him. That's a HUGE factor when it comes to playing good effective QB, and it's one of the reasons I kept going back to the Duke game his freshmans season. That coolness is what allowed him to perform so well in that game.

And it's what let him bounce back from that pick against Toledo and start throwing dimes again immediately.

Guys sometimes get too wrapped up in practice and gym shorts and arm strength and height. This dude Rosier is a gamer, and I like him.

Rosier has so far displayed a great feel for the pocket and an ability to work the middle of the field. Both are huge in college football. He made some throws against Toledo where he was getting pressured but kept his eyes downfield and didn't let it affect him at all.

Very good write up Chise. Sometimes I do not agree with your posts. But if you have been on the Malik bandwagon all along, then I applaud you sir.

It starts with the owners of this website. They had him dead before camp even started. And most people on this site treat Pete like a god.

Richt at one point said he wouldn’t play for him so I don’t blame them for that tbh

Advertisement
...I want to prop up my boy Rosier. I think he's going a little unappreciated because so many respected posters on here had him dead and buried last year and basically called him raw sewerage. So it's tough for those guys to backtrack now because it's a bruise to the ego to see Rosier doing so well when they had him not having the ability to even be a backup here. Might be why the praise is coming so grudgingly.

He's been a real bright spot to the season for me. It's funny how stuff works out because most everyone had the defense as a major plus for us going into the season and Rosier as a gigantic minus.

One of the things that impresses me most about this guy is his seeming coolness. Even after that bad pick, he just looked like nothing bothers him. That's a HUGE factor when it comes to playing good effective QB, and it's one of the reasons I kept going back to the Duke game his freshmans season. That coolness is what allowed him to perform so well in that game.

And it's what let him bounce back from that pick against Toledo and start throwing dimes again immediately.

Guys sometimes get too wrapped up in practice and gym shorts and arm strength and height. This dude Rosier is a gamer, and I like him.

Well said, chise...even got a down vote out of it...Lmao

I never got the hate, after the duke I was sold. Even though it was one game , he made 3-4 very impressive throws. A few of the passes were straight dimes, some of the best throws I'd seen around here in awhile.

He also brings athletic ability to the position. Which is a nice change.

He'll miss some throws here and there that'll leave you scratching your head , but he's a gamer and seems to move the chains.

Even more impressive has been his development...I went back and watched his HS film and kid was very raw and very average. Surprised he even got an offer from us. seeing how far he has come thus far is a testament to his heart and natural skill as an athlete. Hope he keeps developing and leads us to the promised land...kid does have another year of eligibility.

Kudos, franchise. You are being a bright light amongst the tom foolery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Great post, and you’re correct. Rosier has been more than a ‘game manager’. He’s been a playmaker at quarterback.

Advertisement
I’m not sure why some posters were compelled to use your thread to slam Pete or DMoney. They said what they felt based on what they saw and what they heard about the QBs.

Another benefit. Rosier’s poise should be a positive influence on N’Kosi Perry.

I know it's only 2 games and he hasn't faced a top notch defense yet, but his pocket presence is WAY better than Brad Kaaya, even after Brad having 3 years to start.

As easy as it is to rip on Kaaya, I think the coolness a lot of you are alluding to can be attributed to Rosier learning under Kaaya. You can say many things about B-rad but he always kept his composure.

I'm not so sure Kaaya had that calm coolness. And I think his inability to rally the team to any comebacks and our 2nd half choke jobs in many of his starts belie Kaaya having that coolness.

We dont know if rosier has that. Its easy to do vs toledo but when you are in conference games and rivarly games thats the real pressure. Time will tell.

He has it. There's nothing "easy" about being in the position he's in where the majority of the fans wanted Perry to be given the job and were told how awful Malik supposedly is.

Pay closer attention to the signs of calmness in a QB, and you'll see it. Doesn't mean he's the greatest QB in the world or that he's going to throw for 500 yards against every good team we face. But there's no doubting his moxy and his gameness and cool.

Advertisement
LOL at all the "we haven't played anyone yet" guys still slinking around in the weeds hoping for Malik to fail so they can be right. You're right. We haven't played anyone yet. We didn't play anyone early last year either, and the experienced veteran Kaaya looked like vaginal discharge.

Guess who else "hasn't played anyone yet?" Our vaunted defense. But that hasn't stopped them from playing like equine excrement.

Just be a UM fan and give the kid the fcking credit he's EARNED. If he fcks up later, then you still have plenty of time to hang him in effigy and claim that you were right and that a clueless freshmans should have been the starter from day one.

P. S. On my Administrator view, I can see all you closeted, lurking facquits furiously saving this thread hoping beyond hope that Malik flops so you can shove it up my cagootz.

LOL at all the "we haven't played anyone yet" guys still slinking around in the weeds hoping for Malik to fail so they can be right. You're right. We haven't played anyone yet. We didn't play anyone early last year either, and the experienced veteran Kaaya looked like vaginal discharge.

Guess who else "hasn't played anyone yet?" Our vaunted defense. But that hasn't stopped them from playing like equine excrement.

Just be a UM fan and give the kid the fcking credit he's EARNED. If he fcks up later, then you still have plenty of time to hang him in effigy and claim that you were right and that a clueless freshmans should have been the starter from day one.

P. S. On my Administrator view, I can see all you closeted, lurking facquits furiously saving this thread hoping beyond hope that Malik flops so you can shove it up my cagootz.

Not to mention our top go to receiver hasn’t even played.
And he had a sharpe game after a 3 game layoff completing 70% of his passes 26-37 333 yards 3 tds,1 int , td runs of 23 and 29(it was called back but still...)

What's sad is most of these Rosier haters are hoping and praying for Rosier to fail, just so they can say "I told you so".

One of the biggest mistakes these insiders made were placing unrealistic expectations on true freshman Perry (calling him the starter in January) and shatting all over Malik Rosier, on a consistent basis. It was a monumental lapse in judgment.

As a result, many of the younger and many of the more gullible fans took all that info as sancrosanct, which created factions within the fan-base (e.g., Rosier haters because the insiders told them so, and Perry lovers, because insiders declared him a demigod). The Rosier haters are now so deeply entrenched with the "insider" narrative, that even though their eyes are showing them Rosier is playing at a high level, they'd rather see Miami lose games or Rosier Struggle, just so Perry, the Savior, can get under center.

People said the same when Dorsey took over for Kelly. Sure he looked good, but it was against bad competition. Only problem with their theory is he looked good against bad competition, while the guy he replaced didn't look good against bad competition. Rosier did things that Kaaya couldn't dream of doing. Just as Dorsey did things that Kelly couldn't do. First place we saw it was against bad competition.

Advertisement
Back