Amidst all the negativity (deserved in part),...

As easy as it is to rip on Kaaya, I think the coolness a lot of you are alluding to can be attributed to Rosier learning under Kaaya. You can say many things about B-rad but he always kept his composure.

I'm not so sure Kaaya had that calm coolness. And I think his inability to rally the team to any comebacks and our 2nd half choke jobs in many of his starts belie Kaaya having that coolness.

We dont know if rosier has that. Its easy to do vs toledo but when you are in conference games and rivarly games thats the real pressure. Time will tell.

Advertisement
It's true. Don't care about the competition retort. Many didn't think him capable of playing how he's played so far, period. Kid looks good, and his skillset is more than adequate to meet our goals, provided the rest of the team holds up their end of the deal.

Guessing everyone in this thread had the same reaction I did on the play Malik was bumped/pressured in the pocket then turned it into a TD run (called back of course).

I IMMEDIATELY thought that's a sack on Kaaya 11 out of 10 times.

Not only does Rosier not take a sack, not only does he gain positive yards, but the kid jukes his way to the endzone. HUGE asset.

He has played very well and I’m glad. Rosier has the arm talent and running ability you need to succeed in today’s game. He put most of his passes on the money and finished with over 70% completition rating 3 tds 1 int 333 yards while having at least 3 dropped passes from receivers. Responded back with that rushing touchdowns after the int. And this is coming off of a 3 week layoff pretty much...I’m more than encouraged by his performance
Through 2 games rosier has 6 tds 1 int 68.8% 550 yards , 52 rushing yards(23 yard td) another one called back for 29 yards. Mind you he’s doing this without ahmmon richards one of the most explosive players in the country

The thing is even going against Lower competition kaaya went through spells of inaccuracy so it’s still noteworthy

Last edited:
Yep- the boy can run and throw. Once AR is back and we incorporate MH and Thomas along with Cager, Berrios, and TE we will have a pretty good choice of weapons. CMR is going to plan some designed runs now that we got a taste of what he can do running the ball.

Advertisement
I am one of the posters that gave Rosier zero credit. I was impressed by him in the 2nd Half of the Toledo game. However, Toldeo's Defense is terrible. I am cautiously optimistic but still not sold. Beat FSU and I'll eat crow. Lose to FSU, and none of this matters. FSU's Defense is not elite and is dealing with injuries. Hopefully Rosier has enough success against them to win that game.

Last edited:
My favorite part, is that we have every reason to think he will continue to mature and improve as a player as green as he still is with the bullets flying. He has every physical tool we could ask for, and so far looks decisive, sharp, and comfortable. I'd have been content if our QB play this year had ended up decisive, sharp and comfortable without all the physical tools. Rosier sure looks like he could be a lot more than a "game manager" based on the early returns. Oh, yeah, and he looks like he'll do that ok too. Good thread.

As easy as it is to rip on Kaaya, I think the coolness a lot of you are alluding to can be attributed to Rosier learning under Kaaya. You can say many things about B-rad but he always kept his composure.

I'm not so sure Kaaya had that calm coolness. And I think his inability to rally the team to any comebacks and our 2nd half choke jobs in many of his starts belie Kaaya having that coolness.

We dont know if rosier has that. Its easy to do vs toledo but when you are in conference games and rivarly games thats the real pressure. Time will tell.

GTFO with that it's just Toledo ****.

They were on a high and we were reeling from the layoff.

Kaaya would've made that Toledo defense look like a Buddy Ryan one.

I like his attitude, i think he's more talented than i gave him in the off season. But let's be real , he's played duke, toledo, and bethune. We haven't seen **** yet.

Advertisement
The problem chise. Is the masses on here take every word the Green Tree gurus say, as the word of god.

Whether it is game 1 or game 10, Toledo's Defense is one of the worst Defense's in the country. If you can ignore that fact then that's on you.

...I want to prop up my boy Rosier. I think he's going a little unappreciated because so many respected posters on here had him dead and buried last year and basically called him raw sewerage. So it's tough for those guys to backtrack now because it's a bruise to the ego to see Rosier doing so well when they had him not having the ability to even be a backup here. Might be why the praise is coming so grudgingly.

He's been a real bright spot to the season for me. It's funny how stuff works out because most everyone had the defense as a major plus for us going into the season and Rosier as a gigantic minus.

One of the things that impresses me most about this guy is his seeming coolness. Even after that bad pick, he just looked like nothing bothers him. That's a HUGE factor when it comes to playing good effective QB, and it's one of the reasons I kept going back to the Duke game his freshmans season. That coolness is what allowed him to perform so well in that game.

And it's what let him bounce back from that pick against Toledo and start throwing dimes again immediately.

Guys sometimes get too wrapped up in practice and gym shorts and arm strength and height. This dude Rosier is a gamer, and I like him.

Absolute MONEY post!

I was texting with another Cane fan during the game, and a lot of what you wrote I was texting to him.

Everything you wrote is spot the **** on.

The run that was called back on an infant's attempt at holding was something I took for granted until I rewatched the game. He looked like he knew what he was doing with the ball in his hands and wove right to the end zone. When's the last Miami QB we had who could do anything similar? Guy's a genuine threat with the ball in his hands.

My only beef with Rosier was he didn't do that more often. He could have picked several of those third downs with his legs. That should be a better option then checking down to a covered receiver on third and long

Advertisement
The problem chise. Is the masses on here take every word the Green Tree gurus say, as the word of god.

Here are some of the good ones:

Dee Delaney is physical at the point of attack and is a dominant corner: Reality: Seems to be our worst corner

Dean is one and done --- reality: He doesn't see the field

Rosier looks awful and in fall camp and turns the ball over consistently; he is behind Perry and Sherrifs in the QB race. Reality: Calm, cool, poised, and though its early, he seems to be a better Miami QB, overall QB prospect and leader than Kaaya

Perry is leading the QB race. Reality: Third string

Last edited:

I agree with you Sir. Lol Rosier had a good half versus Toledo and everyone is excited. Just forget about tge first half when he just throwing the ball hitting the WR'S in the back of the head.

I agree with this post and its message, and I will add 1 thing: he didn't do all of this on his own, there was some very good coaching thrown his way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Advertisement

A good throw and a nice read counts against any competition. Some people are waiting and slithering in this undercurrent, waiting for an opportunity jump back all over this kid who quite frankly is the most improved player on our team. That says something when it's your quarterback and everything was put on his shoulders. I am 100% in this kid's court and I'll ride whatever he delivers us this season.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

James Coley recruited him right? he does have an eye for qbs........I hope he kills it friday and shuts my doubting *** up. SMH at the defense man that **** bothers me the most

He was a Coley guy. And it's time to stop with the doubt. It's OK to admit you were wrong on him. Maybe he's not a star, but I love what he brings to the offense, and his cool factor is HUGE.

I liked him in the second half I cant front I want to see what he does at Duke then ill waive the white flag

...I want to prop up my boy Rosier. I think he's going a little unappreciated because so many respected posters on here had him dead and buried last year and basically called him raw sewerage. So it's tough for those guys to backtrack now because it's a bruise to the ego to see Rosier doing so well when they had him not having the ability to even be a backup here. Might be why the praise is coming so grudgingly.

He's been a real bright spot to the season for me. It's funny how stuff works out because most everyone had the defense as a major plus for us going into the season and Rosier as a gigantic minus.

One of the things that impresses me most about this guy is his seeming coolness. Even after that bad pick, he just looked like nothing bothers him. That's a HUGE factor when it comes to playing good effective QB, and it's one of the reasons I kept going back to the Duke game his freshmans season. That coolness is what allowed him to perform so well in that game.

And it's what let him bounce back from that pick against Toledo and start throwing dimes again immediately.

Guys sometimes get too wrapped up in practice and gym shorts and arm strength and height. This dude Rosier is a gamer, and I like him.

Bravo. Good post, sir.

He's the clear starter in a QB room full of talent for a reason. Happy and hopeful for continued good play.

Advertisement
Back