Amidst all the negativity (deserved in part),...

Does anyone have a clip of Malik's TD that was called back? I missed the game due to (IRMA) clean up, no cable, etc.

Thank you in advance.

[TWEET]912505927240175616[/TWEET]

LMAO look at donaldson in that vid holding the one guy off with one hand while looking back to his right and checking to make sure everything was ok on that side

what a beast

Advertisement
LOL at all the "we haven't played anyone yet" guys still slinking around in the weeds hoping for Malik to fail so they can be right. You're right. We haven't played anyone yet. We didn't play anyone early last year either, and the experienced veteran Kaaya looked like vaginal discharge.

Guess who else "hasn't played anyone yet?" Our vaunted defense. But that hasn't stopped them from playing like equine excrement.

Just be a UM fan and give the kid the fcking credit he's EARNED. If he fcks up later, then you still have plenty of time to hang him in effigy and claim that you were right and that a clueless freshmans should have been the starter from day one.

P. S. On my Administrator view, I can see all you closeted, lurking facquits furiously saving this thread hoping beyond hope that Malik flops so you can shove it up my cagootz.

I dont hope the dude fail but i cant crown him for doing what he was supposed to do vs the teams he played. As i said once we get into conference play and he performs well i will give him the credit he earned.

Problems with that "he did what he should have done" approach is that if he had done what most of you guys thought he was going to do, then we would have lost the Toledo game. Toledo killed our defense, and we needed our QB/offense to win this game for us. Had Malik played like most of you guys thought he was capable of then we lose that Toledo game.

Does anyone have a clip of Malik's TD that was called back? I missed the game due to (IRMA) clean up, no cable, etc.

Thank you in advance.

[TWEET]912505927240175616[/TWEET]

LMAO look at donaldson in that vid holding the one guy off with one hand while looking back to his right and checking to make sure everything was ok on that side

what a beast
Donaldson plays like I would imagine Godzilla playing if Godzilla was smart enough to pick up an offense in a couple months.

He's looked awesome so far. Based on what I've seen there's nothing that leads me to believe he can't run the offense as efficiently, ore more so than Kaaya did last year.

Are there any exclusively Rosier highlights available from the Toledo game?

Speaking of dudes that get **** on a lot. How much credit does Jon Richt deserve as quarterback coach? I mean, if Malik has made such huge strides, we've got to credit coaching at least a little.

Advertisement
here's hoping that Rosier plays so well that Perry can get redshirted. I think they would be the absolute best scenario for everyone involved

If Richt just lets Rosier play ball and not get bogged down in trying to establish the run(if it's not there) with the weapons outside, this can be a very potent and fun offense

Guy is as cool as the other side of the pillow. Has same look on his face that Morris did.

You could never tell if Morris just won the lotto or had a friend pass a way, that guy had a stone demeanor. Rosier seems to be about the same

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good stuff Franchise. He's definitely been a pleasant surprise so far. I admit that I was totally against us signing the guy over Treon Harris. There were some darts that he threw on Saturday. I mentioned this during the game and I hate to jump the gun, but I'm interested in seeing if Richt sticks to the more uptempo gameplan.

Advertisement
LOL at all the "we haven't played anyone yet" guys still slinking around in the weeds hoping for Malik to fail so they can be right. You're right. We haven't played anyone yet. We didn't play anyone early last year either, and the experienced veteran Kaaya looked like vaginal discharge.

Guess who else "hasn't played anyone yet?" Our vaunted defense. But that hasn't stopped them from playing like equine excrement.

Just be a UM fan and give the kid the fcking credit he's EARNED. If he fcks up later, then you still have plenty of time to hang him in effigy and claim that you were right and that a clueless freshmans should have been the starter from day one.

P. S. On my Administrator view, I can see all you closeted, lurking facquits furiously saving this thread hoping beyond hope that Malik flops so you can shove it up my cagootz.

I dont hope the dude fail but i cant crown him for doing what he was supposed to do vs the teams he played. As i said once we get into conference play and he performs well i will give him the credit he earned.

Problems with that "he did what he should have done" approach is that if he had done what most of you guys thought he was going to do, then we would have lost the Toledo game. Toledo killed our defense, and we needed our QB/offense to win this game for us. Had Malik played like most of you guys thought he was capable of then we lose that Toledo game.

**** no. Nobody ever said he wasn't good enough to beat bethune and toledo. The questions was about him being good enough to help the team get to the acccg.

I think all of us as Canes fans want to see Malik do well. Since practices were closed to the public it was hard gaging where these QBs were after spring ball. What I will say is October will be a very telling month for this team. If you told me our pass defense or the defense overall would be this porous I would have said crazy. This team has way to much talent in the front 7 to be playing as bad as it is. Forget the secondary where is the pass rush? Sometimes it is on but more times it has been MIA.

Anyway again if Malik does well of course the team will also do well. Let’s hope for a positive October because ESPN is already calling the Duke game the upset special of the week.

He will look even better when Richards comes back 100%.
I am salivating and expecting to see scoring records being broken this season. That is how much confidence I have in Rosier and our offense.
I can't see many defenses slowing us down.

Last edited:
here's hoping that Rosier plays so well that Perry can get redshirted. I think they would be the absolute best scenario for everyone involved

If Richt just lets Rosier play ball and not get bogged down in trying to establish the run(if it's not there) with the weapons outside, this can be a very potent and fun offense
I agree on Rick. I hope he doesn't get in the way of this offense because it has the potential to be electric.

Advertisement
Y’all can’t on one hand act like it is the end of the world if rosier had played terrible vs toledo and then if he dominates like he did saturday say it’s just toledo... be consistent. You know **** well people would have yelled that, “He struggles with toledo”.

Last edited:
Y’all can’t on one hand act like it is the end of the world if rosier had played terrible vs toledo and then if he dominates like he did saturday say it’s just toledo... be consistent. You know **** well people would have yelled that, “He struggles with toledo”.

Some of these dudes keep moving the line. Before the season, Rosier was garbage, and our only chance to win with him was as a game manager who just let our dominant defense win games for us.

Now, Rosier puts the team on his back to beat Toledo, and suddenly this is what everyone expected. No the fck you didn't! You didn't expect him to do anything but get out of the way of our great defense. If that's all he was then Toledo would have whipped us on Saturday because we needed a QB to make plays and win the game for us.

Advertisement
I was one of the fans who wanted Perry as the starter, because of his ability to run on broken plays. Rosier has proven he can play well against little to no pressure from an elite defensive front. The reason I like Rosier is his toughness, and willing to score rather slide or run out of bounds too early. Let's see how he perform against FSU, VT, and ND.

I believe Rosier success this Friday will depend on CMR play calling, in my opinion. I just don't see how Duke can stop a balance offensive attack, because both RBs are good receivers too. I would spread Duke out with uptempo play calling to tire out their strength...DL. Duke DBs are average, and they cannot cover Canes speed and size.

As for Diaz defense, stop playing with your strength...DLs and LBs, and put pressure on Duke to make plays. Duke look good against Golden's defense, because we played soft, bend, and hope they make an error. Duke's offensive is the QB, TE, and short pick-type patterns. Please, Mr. Diaz...Young, Johnson, and Bandy are the best option to cover Duke's passing scheme. 4-2-5 Defense! Put someone over the TE too!

There were a few throws/plays that stood out to me:
1. Hitch to Harley on 3rd down. Harley bobbled it, but it was a long throw and a dangerous throw, but it was flat out on the money. I believe #82 makes that catch clean the first time and it would've been a 1st down
2. Curl to Mullins. Wasn't a lot of separation, but ball placement was absolutely spot on again
3. BB catch and run. I think this was an audible by Malik. I really hope it was
4. 3 and long throw to Harley. Read the coverage and delivered a long strike in a tough spot.

All in all we should be absolutely giddy about what we saw in that second half from Rosier and from the OL as a whole

speaking of oline, they deserve some props as well. as much as yall wanna blam kaaya for stuff, the line was horrid last year. and even though we started 4-0 there were times our line looked soft against fau and other schools. They dominated BC and Toledo the way they should have.

I see you're new here.

Advertisement
Back