Amidst all the negativity (deserved in part),...

The Franchise

The Best EVER
Premium
...I want to prop up my boy Rosier. I think he's going a little unappreciated because so many respected posters on here had him dead and buried last year and basically called him raw sewerage. So it's tough for those guys to backtrack now because it's a bruise to the ego to see Rosier doing so well when they had him not having the ability to even be a backup here. Might be why the praise is coming so grudgingly.

He's been a real bright spot to the season for me. It's funny how stuff works out because most everyone had the defense as a major plus for us going into the season and Rosier as a gigantic minus.

One of the things that impresses me most about this guy is his seeming coolness. Even after that bad pick, he just looked like nothing bothers him. That's a HUGE factor when it comes to playing good effective QB, and it's one of the reasons I kept going back to the Duke game his freshmans season. That coolness is what allowed him to perform so well in that game.

And it's what let him bounce back from that pick against Toledo and start throwing dimes again immediately.

Guys sometimes get too wrapped up in practice and gym shorts and arm strength and height. This dude Rosier is a gamer, and I like him.

Advertisement
James Coley recruited him right? he does have an eye for qbs........I hope he kills it friday and shuts my doubting *** up. SMH at the defense man that **** bothers me the most

The run that was called back on an infant's attempt at holding was something I took for granted until I rewatched the game. He looked like he knew what he was doing with the ball in his hands and wove right to the end zone. When's the last Miami QB we had who could do anything similar? Guy's a genuine threat with the ball in his hands.

I seen that coolness in the duke game also, and how he dropped those dimes to the receivers. Regardless, how some feel about him, he is the leader of the offense. He will continue to mature throughout the year and flourish into his own.

The defense, well that's another story. Shocking to say the least.

Advertisement
The run that was called back on an infant's attempt at holding was something I took for granted until I rewatched the game. He looked like he knew what he was doing with the ball in his hands and wove right to the end zone. When's the last Miami QB we had who could do anything similar? Guy's a genuine threat with the ball in his hands.

That was a really beautiful run, and that holding call was horseshyt. That was another great example of his coolness under pressure.

*cough* *cough*

There were only a few of us who not only saw him being the starter as the most likely scenario, but also saw it as a positive scenario, and not a negative one, like many porsters did.

There was a lot of "we're screwed if he's our QB" stuff being said.

That Duke game in 2015 showed the kid was a gamer in a bad environment, but not very many wanted to give that performance the weight it deserved.

So far, in the 3 games he's started, he's been a gamer.

Needs to do it again at Duke.

James Coley recruited him right? he does have an eye for qbs........I hope he kills it friday and shuts my doubting *** up. SMH at the defense man that **** bothers me the most

He was a Coley guy. And it's time to stop with the doubt. It's OK to admit you were wrong on him. Maybe he's not a star, but I love what he brings to the offense, and his cool factor is HUGE.

What I really like is Richt told him he would never see the field for him, but he stayed, worked hard, and won the job, instead of transferring. He looked pretty decent against Duke as a true freshman, starting for the first time, and it was on the road. The competition hasn't been great so far, but the offense has not been the issue. I think they're really missing the guys that moved on from the secondary last year.

Advertisement
...I want to prop up my boy Rosier. I think he's going a little unappreciated because so many respected posters on here had him dead and buried last year and basically called him raw sewerage. So it's tough for those guys to backtrack now because it's a bruise to the ego to see Rosier doing so well when they had him not having the ability to even be a backup here. Might be why the praise is coming so grudgingly.

He's been a real bright spot to the season for me. It's funny how stuff works out because most everyone had the defense as a major plus for us going into the season and Rosier as a gigantic minus.

One of the things that impresses me most about this guy is his seeming coolness. Even after that bad pick, he just looked like nothing bothers him. That's a HUGE factor when it comes to playing good effective QB, and it's one of the reasons I kept going back to the Duke game his freshmans season. That coolness is what allowed him to perform so well in that game.

And it's what let him bounce back from that pick against Toledo and start throwing dimes again immediately.

Guys sometimes get too wrapped up in practice and gym shorts and arm strength and height. This dude Rosier is a gamer, and I like him.

This was the hope, and he's proving to be exactly that. He looks very confident and in control.

There were a few throws/plays that stood out to me:
1. Hitch to Harley on 3rd down. Harley bobbled it, but it was a long throw and a dangerous throw, but it was flat out on the money. I believe #82 makes that catch clean the first time and it would've been a 1st down
2. Curl to Mullins. Wasn't a lot of separation, but ball placement was absolutely spot on again
3. BB catch and run. I think this was an audible by Malik. I really hope it was
4. 3 and long throw to Harley. Read the coverage and delivered a long strike in a tough spot.

All in all we should be absolutely giddy about what we saw in that second half from Rosier and from the OL as a whole

Last edited:
Loved Brad but glad to have Malik. Brad woulda been sacked 5 times Saturday, it's good to have a quarterback that can get out of bad situations!

Advertisement
I like Rosier a lot also. I like his zip on the ball and his athleticism. I saw several plays in the game that Kaaya could have never made

There were a few throws/plays that stood out to me:
1. Hitch to Harley on 3rd down. Harley bobbled it, but it was a long throw and a dangerous throw, but it was flat out on the money. I believe #82 makes that catch clean the first time and it would've been a 1st down
2. Curl to Mullins. Wasn't a lot of separation, but ball placement was absolutely spot on again
3. BB catch and run. I think this was an audible by Malik. I really hope it was
4. 3 and long throw to Harley. Read the coverage and delivered a long strike in a tough spot.

All in all we should be absolutely giddy about what we saw in that second half from Rosier

Excellent stuff there, Fawk.

I really like how Malik reacted when we were behind and how he responded after that bad pick. I put a ton of stock in intangibles with QBs, and it rarely leads me astray.

By the way, I saw Jeff Thomas in the area on that pick. Was it a busted route or just a horrible throw?

why this guy never got a chance to play last year is beyond me

there were plenty of times where kayaa could have deserved a bench just to see what the next guy had

regardless... gamer

Advertisement
Rosier looked amazing after the O sped up and appeared to open the playbook. For 6 quarters it looked like 2/3 of the field was off limits. Man, did that second half put a lot of unease to rest. VERY happy with his play.

Like i said im waiting until he plays well vs real comp. He plays well vs fsu, vt, nd etc and i will give him praise. **** just ball in 2 of the 3 and i will give him credit.

Malik Rosier as a starter when trailing at the half - 1-0.

Should have never been trailing, but it is great to see. He played AMAZING in the second half, outside of the one bad throw.

Advertisement
Back