Amari Daniels quote

How do you feel about that assessment as a fan?

I can’t fault Thad for his perspective but .... I don’t like it personally.

To me it comes across as scared to earn PT Let’s say Cam comes back. And he’s 4th in the depth chart... injuries happen. Spring happens fall camps happen. Steal reps the way Gore did. A
EITiI1_WkAYOqcq.jpg

Advertisement
He's scared of competition but that's basically every highly ranked prospect lol
I also don’t see a scenario where cam stays. Either 1. He balls out has a great season and thus incentive to go pro, or 2. He falters and Doesn’t live up to expectations rooster and the don eat some of his snaps and he has no incentive to come back with an older rooster and don.

I say that to say this.... it be the most Miami move ever to potentially lose a kid For another kid deciding to stay when we have been the Kings of guys deciding to leave early when they shouldn’t and go undrafted.

He said that if Miami takes & 2nd RB & Cam Haris doesn't turn pro he'll probably have to look elsewhere.

He's still solid to Miami & talks to Coach Hickson all the time, but playing time as a TF is gonna determine whether or not he sticks.

Basically if we can't guarantee that he plays right away he'll most likely flip to FSU.

But as of now, we're still good.
Interesting!

Advertisement
I don't have a problem with it because I understand the way recruits think...

Fans think recruits are supposed to be excited about sitting on the bench for 3 years, but that's not how it works. When you're a premier player & you have dozens of schools vying for your commitment it makes no sense to go somewhere you won't play vs somewhere you're guaranteed to play.

It has nothing to do with being scared of competition, it's about looking at the depth chart practically & making the best decision for yourself that will get you on the field the fastest & to the league the quickest.

We really don't have much to worry about in this scenario because Cam definitely isn't coming back after this season & maybe Amari doesn't commit to Miami, but even if he does, all Coach Hickson has to explain is that Thad will still definitely be able to play early.

It simply comes down to the staff not being dumb & doing what's necessary to sign the best RB in the state, just reassure the kid that he's gonna play & he'll stick, if not you'll hand him over to your in-state rivals.

This is recruiting, fans have to stop thinking the kids are fans like them to, they're independent contractors & it's their job to find the best place for them, the staff has make sure they do their job & convince them Miami is the best option.
It is an absurd double standard fans have. When anyone looks for a new job they should be looking at their upward mobility with that company. This is a recruit’s version of that.

Advertisement
This ain't the 80's no more, it don't work like that.
Nah brother. There are soft competitors in every generation..the 80s, 90s, 2000s, etc.

Knighton and Chaney came in the same class, with Cam rising, Burns, and I believe Lingard was still on the team when they signed (ESD).

This kid is a soft competitor now, and would be a softer competitor in the 80s.

I don't have a problem with it because I understand the way recruits think...

Fans think recruits are supposed to be excited about sitting on the bench for 3 years, but that's not how it works. When you're a premier player & you have dozens of schools vying for your commitment it makes no sense to go somewhere you won't play vs somewhere you're guaranteed to play.

It has nothing to do with being scared of competition, it's about looking at the depth chart practically & making the best decision for yourself that will get you on the field the fastest & to the league the quickest.

We really don't have much to worry about in this scenario because Cam definitely isn't coming back after this season & maybe Amari doesn't commit to Miami, but even if he does, all Coach Hickson has to explain is that Thad will still definitely be able to play early.

It simply comes down to the staff not being dumb & doing what's necessary to sign the best RB in the state, just reassure the kid that he's gonna play & he'll stick, if not you'll hand him over to your in-state rivals.

This is recruiting, fans have to stop thinking the kids are fans like them to, they're independent contractors & it's their job to find the best place for them, the staff has make sure they do their job & convince them Miami is the best option.

Thanks for info. QQ's:

1. So if Cam gets injured and decides to come back, we fcked....?

2. Is this kid really that good that he deserves to demand major PT as a TF?

My 2 cents - IF HE LOOKIN, HICKSON BETTER BE LOOKIN. Better not let this kid play us

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s already decommited once. He’s had 1 foot out the door for a hot min

Take Daniels. I like Thad but he seems like he’s been waffling for some time.

if we take Daniels I think Thad may still stay, if not oh well at least we have 1 decent back to add to the stable

Advertisement
Back