Amari Daniels quote

Banned
Banned
“To be honest, no one else will say it, I’ll say it - when Miami recruits, I feel they don’t recruit enough in the city area, Booker T., Miami central, Carol City, don’t recruit enough for that,” Daniels said. “They recruit good in South Florida, the Broward schools, but as far as bigtime schools and the programs like Miami Northwestern and Miami Central, they don’t recruit hard enough.”

Tf is he talking about? Maybe if recruits didnt ******* play games and showed they are dead serious about at Miami. And then this idiot mentioned the Broward schools. He must not know how much the Broward schools are on the SEC take.

Advertisement
“To be honest, no one else will say it, I’ll say it - when Miami recruits, I feel they don’t recruit enough in the city area, Booker T., Miami central, Carol City, don’t recruit enough for that,” Daniels said. “They recruit good in South Florida, the Broward schools, but as far as bigtime schools and the programs like Miami Northwestern and Miami Central, they don’t recruit hard enough.”

Tf is he talking about? Maybe if recruits didnt ******* play games and showed they are dead serious about at Miami. And then this idiot mentioned the Broward schools. He must not know how much the Broward schools are on the SEC take.
He talking about that bag he about to take. This is code speech for why he signed with the SEC

How about some of his other comments:

“I mean, to me I feel like I’m a five star player,” the 5-foot-9, 197-pounder said. “I’m the best running back right now coming up in the country. I play the best teams, it’s not a cupcake schedule, looks good on film. I play SEC ball,

He's not feeling the love.....

Advertisement
Like a lot of local kids, they feel they should be recruited as hard by the local school as whatever school really likes that kid. The ting is that UM is allowed to have priorities just like other schools in recruiting. So just because a kid is local doesn’t mean that all local kids will be recruited the same.

Don't know why people are taking his comments to heart. He's just a kid expressing himself and wants to be recruited by Miami at the same level other schools are recruiting him. That may not be the best strategy for Miami with Thad Franklin up the street and 2 recently enrolled running backs.

Maybe Miami does need to recruit harder, but they are prioritizing the big name schools he is talking about. Miami's 2021 class has 8 commits - 7 from Miami and 1 from Broward (Borregales, kicker). 3 commits from Northwestern, 1 from central, 1 from South Dade, 1 from North Miami, and 1 from Palmetto. And a bunch of the top south Florida kids decommitted already.

Ironically, a Broward school like Deerfield didn't receive much attention until Field and Hickson came on the staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Sounds like Luke speak. If you don't recruit 10 players from each team, you aren't recruiting hard enough.

Sounds like he wants all his boys recruited too or it's never going to be enough. Then again, kids usually bounce to the SEC for bags and UM is stuck with a team of lesser recruits just to keep a school or player happy. Good strategy.

This is the problem i have with these south Florida kids these days. They feel entitle and they play to much games they lowkey feel like there to good for Miami. I love the way were recruiting there's talent everywhere and where just looking for the best guys to fit our program no matter where he's from. He better keep his mouth close before we stop recruiting him altogether.

Advertisement
I think his junior stuff was a step forward, but I'm not sure this kid is elite. Guess it's the definition of elite...Nice player though
Kids a beast to me. I still want to see SR film but they should recruit him hard still

Advertisement
Looks like poor mans Joe Yearby. Wouldn't mind him being the 2nd RB in this class. Hard to draw two top RB's two years in row.

It's an interesting take. From my data, I have Miami with a total of 17 commitments from Northwestern since 2002:

2002: Travarous Bain
2003: Leo Waiters
2004: Khalil Jones
2004: Romeo Davis
2005: Christopher Barney
2008: Marcus Forston
2008: Aldarius Johnson
2008: Benjamin Jones
2008: Jacory Harris
2008: Sean Spence
2008: Tommy Streeter
2008: Kendall Thompkins
2013: Artie Burns
2014: Mike Smith
2014: Ryan Mayes
2018: Nigel Bethel
2019: Samuel Brooks

Just 5 since the mammoth 2008 class. So per your question, how much is it Miami "failing to recruit", and how much is it SEC domination and influence?

Advertisement
Back