Amari Daniels quote

RB's have a short shelf life. It would be better long term thinking to split carries, and not take a HUGE workload in college.

NFL looks at it as a positive when RB's get lower doses of carries in college.

UGA found a way to have Gurley, Chubb, and Michel get carries, and they weren't running the volume of plays LASHLEE is going to run.

219-123-64 were the breakdown of carries that year. You want to crack that top 3.

Advertisement
Players look at playing time for sure and I'm not going to pretend it's any different or wrong with Thad. We had Shaq's father on here saying our depth chart when he was being recruited was a major factor in his decision. As LCE said, nobody was wants to sit for three years anymore and rightly so when you've got options.

LOL.

I'm making fun of these "comparison" questions because I think they are so dumb.
You mean to tell me you think it's dumb that they compare high school kids who haven't even begun to develop or face real competition to nfl players who decimated grown men? Why would you say such a thing. Lol. Yeah some people just have far too much time on their hands.

Cam is def going pro no matter what type of year he has. Kids chase the bread especially running backs. **** Duke left and he loved UM

I don't have a problem with it because I understand the way recruits think...

Fans think recruits are supposed to be excited about sitting on the bench for 3 years, but that's not how it works. When you're a premier player & you have dozens of schools vying for your commitment it makes no sense to go somewhere you won't play vs somewhere you're guaranteed to play.

It has nothing to do with being scared of competition, it's about looking at the depth chart practically & making the best decision for yourself that will get you on the field the fastest & to the league the quickest.

We really don't have much to worry about in this scenario because Cam definitely isn't coming back after this season & maybe Amari doesn't commit to Miami, but even if he does, all Coach Hickson has to explain is that Thad will still definitely be able to play early.

It simply comes down to the staff not being dumb & doing what's necessary to sign the best RB in the state, just reassure the kid that he's gonna play & he'll stick, if not you'll hand him over to your in-state rivals.

This is recruiting, fans have to stop thinking the kids are fans like them to, they're independent contractors & it's their job to find the best place for them, the staff has make sure they do their job & convince them Miami is the best option.
Fans can't separate logic and blind loyalty. Weird af if u ask me man. I don't get how people can't put themselves in the kids shoes. It's pretty simple if u ask me

Advertisement
You mean to tell me you think it's dumb that they compare high school kids who haven't even begun to develop or face real competition to nfl players who decimated grown men? Why would you say such a thing. Lol. Yeah some people just have far too much time on their hands.
wish I could find some of those ridiculous Lingard threads that claimed he'd be the next Gurley and something like 10 other proven NFL studs lol ... I also remember getting torched for saying Cam was better....

Last edited:
Amari decided to push back his announcement date, was going to announce next week but will wait a lil longer.

As I already said earlier, UGA, Miami, TAMU & PSU, it's pretty much between us & UGA.

UGA already has Lovasea Carroll committed in their class, but they may be taking 2 RB's.

TAMU doesn't have a RB yet but they're battling with Texas for LJ Johnson, they have good shot at Ahmonte Watkins & have tried to flip Brandon Campbell. They lead in Crystals for Amari but he may not be a take for them if they get high targets.

PSU has the Seider factor, but the fact they're probably not playing this year & the fact they're so far up North I doubt his Dad wants him to go way up to Pennsylvania.

Advertisement
Seems like Amari is a backup choice to Donovan Edwards for UGA Edwards is definitely at the top of their board for RB#2 but he seems to be more of a Michigan lean right now. Probably why UGA picked up contact with Daniels.

Amari Daniels.

Yul is dynamite but doesnt have the recruiting caveat that Amari has...

But Thad Franklin and Amari is just too sweet to let go
This is very similar to the Alexis/Brooks either for the last WR spot discussion we had. LCE & I were on the Alexis bandwagon due to higher upside but you advocated Brooks due to protecting Dade and recruiting impact.

I'm thinking Yul is the better player so I'm leaning towards him rather than Amari for the Slot/RB position. I'm not sure I agree w/you that Yul's skills can be found every year. By all accounts 22 will be a down year for local WR. Who in 22 has similar skills to Yul?

All that being said, we whiffed on both Alexis and Brooks so it was a moot discussion. Sure hope we don't repeat that with Amari/Yul.

Amari decided to push back his announcement date, was going to announce next week but will wait a lil longer.

As I already said earlier, UGA, Miami, TAMU & PSU, it's pretty much between us & UGA.

UGA already has Lovasea Carroll committed in their class, but they may be taking 2 RB's.

TAMU doesn't have a RB yet but they're battling with Texas for LJ Johnson, they have good shot at Ahmonte Watkins & have tried to flip Brandon Campbell. They lead in Crystals for Amari but he may not be a take for them if they get high targets.

PSU has the Seider factor, but the fact they're probably not playing this year & the fact they're so far up North I doubt his Dad wants him to go way up to Pennsylvania.
Do you believe UM Has been put in a position or either stop recruiting Daniels or take the risk of losing Franklin.
and if presented with that same choice and having seen both play and knowing our depth chart, what decision would you make?

Do you believe UM Has been put in a position or either stop recruiting Daniels or take the risk of losing Franklin.
and if presented with that same choice and having seen both play and knowing our depth chart, what decision would you make?
Thad Franklin is the best RB in the state, hands down.

You do whatever's necessary to keep him no matter what.

Advertisement
This is very similar to the Alexis/Brooks either for the last WR spot discussion we had. LCE & I were on the Alexis bandwagon due to higher upside but you advocated Brooks due to protecting Dade and recruiting impact.

I'm thinking Yul is the better player so I'm leaning towards him rather than Amari for the Slot/RB position. I'm not sure I agree w/you that Yul's skills can be found every year. By all accounts 22 will be a down year for local WR. Who in 22 has similar skills to Yul?

All that being said, we whiffed on both Alexis and Brooks so it was a moot discussion. Sure hope we don't repeat that with Amari/Yul.

2022 - Jai-Ayviauynn Celestine, Miami Northwestern

He's smaller but he is dynamite with the ball.

Advertisement
Back