Amari Daniels quote

Advertisement
Spin it however you want.

It would be trading a starter for a rotation piece.
Who is Thad going to start over right away? Both are rotational pieces until proven otherwise. You act like Daniels doesn't have any upside...perfect back for a spread offense...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Clearly Thad love language is words of affirmation, so all Hickson has to do is reassure him he'll see the field no matter what. Cam will be a 1,000 yard Rusher, and catch some passes out the backfield. He's leaving after this season as he should. We have to lock up the number #1 back in Broward and Dade. Send a message.

Why is Cam for sure leaving? In the same way I see endless comments of Gurvan is leaving. Bubba is leaving. Phillips is leaving etc. All of these statements are based on HS ratings and nearly zero college production to warrant an NFL scout having a clue who they are.

in saying all that. This is Miami so if kids even get a vote for 6th team all-Acc they tend to Jon Garvin their way outta here as fast as possible.

Why is Cam for sure leaving? In the same way I see endless comments of Gurvan is leaving. Bubba is leaving. Phillips is leaving etc. All of these statements are based on HS ratings and nearly zero college production to warrant an NFL scout having a clue who they are.

in saying all that. This is Miami so if kids even get a vote for 6th team all-Acc they tend to Jon Garvin their way outta here as fast as possible.
Cam is leaving. End of discussion. Won't even matter what kind of year he has

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's why I said 3-5. A good year gets him down around late 3. Basic year keeps him 5-6. I think he'll have a pretty good year assuming we play

3rd round? Travis went in the 6th and DeeJay went in the 4th. I haven't seen anything from Cam that he's any better than those 2 kids, plus RB is loaded again next class. He better have an insane year if he wants to go in the 3rd round. I think the bottom of your range is more likely, he's not an off the charts athlete. But he should have a really good season this year in this system with King taking a lot of attention.

Running backs really shouldn’t be trying to go full Jonathan Taylor mode. They should wait. Conserve and split carries first two years. And then junior year go off and get drafted

Advertisement

Cam either:

1) Has a good enough year this year to get a draftable grade, and leaves to the NFL; or
2) Doesn't have a good enough year this year to get a draftable grade and transfers for next season.

There's no in-between. This is his year at UM. If he isn't good enough for the draft after '20, he'll have to do it somewhere else. He's not going to get more film in '21 than in '20. Not even close.

Who is Thad going to start over right away? Both are rotational pieces until proven otherwise. You act like Daniels doesn't have any upside...perfect back for a spread offense...
Thad isn't starting over anyone right away. But he is so different from Chaney and Knighton that he will get significant carries behind them. By his third year, Thad will start and will be a candidate for a 2nd or 3rd day draft pick.

Amari Daniels has been the same player since 8th grade. He's just more muscular now. The film is clear as day and has been for years. He is a low ceiling player. I understand you think he's great, and I will agree to disagree.

Lol Amari Daniels might be the most wide range of opinion player I’ve ever seen on this board.. Anywhere from not being Miami caliber to being a better fit than Thad..

RB's have a short shelf life. It would be better long term thinking to split carries, and not take a HUGE workload in college.

NFL looks at it as a positive when RB's get lower doses of carries in college.

UGA found a way to have Gurley, Chubb, and Michel get carries, and they weren't running the volume of plays LASHLEE is going to run.

219-123-64 were the breakdown of carries that year. You want to crack that top 3.

Advertisement
Back