Amari Daniels quote

Lashlee’s message to the four-star running back?

“He actually shows his offense, what he produced the last few years, the rushers he had at SMU,” Daniels said. “He’s showed me my own film, and the type of runs his running backs had are similar to my runs, explosive. We have built a relationship. He’s a cool guy, keeps it real. He talked with me about what happened with last year’s situation, how I felt about it, we talked about it as men and built our relationship from there.”

Daniels adds that Miami “is recruiting me as hard as anybody. Miami’s putting in their ticket. They are recruiting me hard.”

“I will commit before our first game Aug. 21, I’m targeting that,” Daniels said. “But it won’t be anything too soon.”

When was this

Advertisement
Advertisement
after chaney and knighton - amari is next then thad will play behind him... watch

Sounds like you've got a relationship with Amari, and I hope you are right about how he projects.

But I think most would agree that Thad and Amari are completely different backs, Franklin has 40 lbs on him.... Fair?

And from looking at their films they are both 4.6-range guys. Daniels is not in the same class as Chaney and Knighton in terms of speed, size or acceleration. Fair?

I'm not against taking Daniels, since getting a highly ranked second back in this class was going to be tough given the depth chart, but he's not a must-get prospect. It can be tough when our favorite prospects are the topic of discussion, but I always try to remember that RB will never be a problem for Miami to recruit and thus RBs recruits will never truly be "must-get".

Sounds like you've got a relationship with Amari, and I hope you are right about how he projects.

But I think most would agree that Thad and Amari are completely different backs, Franklin has 40 lbs on him.... Fair?

And from looking at their films they are both 4.6-range guys. Daniels is not in the same class as Chaney and Knighton in terms of speed, size or acceleration. Fair?

I'm not against taking Daniels, since getting a highly ranked second back in this class was going to be tough given the depth chart, but he's not a must-get prospect. It can be tough when our favorite prospects are the topic of discussion, but I always try to remember that RB will never be a problem for Miami to recruit and thus RBs recruits will never truly be "must-get".

We take both!!! we need both!! we are The U - It's simple -- I love thad hes huge and hes athletic and hes an ATHLETE - great at basketball -- my favorite football players are rbs or dbs that can play both ... nothing better then a db that can take a pic and make it a pic 6 --aka sean taylor rb but wanted to be safety

anyways -- Amari is Miami -- he just has a knack on how to play rb and see wholes -- its what he knows -- he is only going to get better as the competition gets better

You do know Channey is faster than Knightone right?

Chaney, who committed to the Miami Hurricanes in February, is powerfully built at 5-11 and 205 pounds. But he also has speed — his best time in the 40-yard dash was 4.39 at an Under Armour camp.Aug 26, 2019

Knighton I think runs 4.45 so their close but Channey is 20 pounds heavier.
Everyone can be wrong cause they really like stats or the way someone runs or even the fact that they may be a family friend or went to the same alma mater. I really wanted parish cause of his stats and cause it thought we really didn’t have a chance with rooster. But looking at the film it’s undeniable that rooster and Chaney are just a BAMFs.
How people can look at Thad’s tape then look at his size then look at his 40 time and say he isn’t elite is beyond me. I’m not saying Amari isn’t any good. But too many people acting like Franklin is slow and not elite is just mind boggling.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We take both!!! we need both!! we are The U - It's simple -- I love thad hes huge and hes athletic and hes an ATHLETE - great at basketball -- my favorite football players are rbs or dbs that can play both ... nothing better then a db that can take a pic and make it a pic 6 --aka sean taylor rb but wanted to be safety

anyways -- Amari is Miami -- he just has a knack on how to play rb and see wholes -- its what he knows -- he is only going to get better as the competition gets better
Judging by your grammar and infatuation with Amari, I'm guessing you go to school with him?

Advertisement
1591417334110.png

Food, stipends, housing, tutors etc not paid for if you come back.

Even if you never make an NFL roster by staying, I dont get the stance that leaving early to be undrafted is a sound decision

Leave early - No NFL, no degree, nothing gained
Stay one more year - More development = Increased chance for NFL (no guarantee but can't hurt)
College degree from UM
One more year to play football! Most people would kill to have another year of playing ball and living the college life. Especially big-time D-1 ball

There is literally no benefit to leaving early and not making a roster or practice squad. Staying doesn't ensure anything but it has benefits and upside that make it an easy decision when you take emotion out.
Literally no benefit to leaving early..... sure thing. And yes it can hurt to stay another year.

Advertisement
Back