Amari Daniels quote

thought he meant thad

Fam, Look I know you're probably giving Amari Daniels the Miami discount... But Thad is the best back in the state of FLA. Honestly I don't think Amari will play that much for UM. We have Chaney, Knighton, and Thad committed. I don't see him being better than none of the 3. We're missing a back with elite I mean like never get caught from behind speed. Which is why I want a different type of back for the 2nd person. Knighton isn't slow or Chaney, but a Leary/Yul/Smith would be nice.

Advertisement
Fam, Look I know you're probably giving Amari Daniels the Miami discount... But Thad is the best back in the state of FLA. Honestly I don't think Amari will play that much for UM. We have Chaney, Knighton, and Thad committed. I don't see him being better than none of the 3. We're missing a back with elite I mean like never get caught from behind speed. Which is why I want a different type of back for the 2nd person. Knighton isn't slow or Chaney, but a Leary/Yul/Smith would be nice.
I don’t want to jinx it but there are a such things as injuries, we can have another situation like lingard who transferred, you can have situation like when mark Walton came in and took joe yearby, you can’t judge a kid until he is on that Miami roster it’s just unfair to predict what will happen.

I'm not mad at Geter or Amari Daniels being the 2nd back in this class.
I think the staff is really prioritizing speed on both side of the ball that's why I think they are going after Daniel's over geter especially since u have thad who's game is similar to geter

Advertisement
I like lil Yul as the 2nd RB in this class, he's the best playmaker at Central IMO.

Daniels to me has a low ceiling & a high floor, I don't see much upside other than his pure straight line speed.

Hickson knows better than me, so if they want him I'm good with it, at worst he can be a good return man & be a nice speed option out the backfield, but he's not a 3 down back IMO.

Either way, I'm proud of the Offensive staff puttin in work, in Lashlee's system it really won't matter who we get, the system schemes open players & creates big chunk yardage just off alignment alone, it's a plug & play system that's conducive to high productivity. You don't have to be an elite 4/5-star in order to produce in an uptempo spread offense.

Now somebody just tell Diaz to let Hickson, recruit CB's & we'll be cooking with gasoline.
Lol let Hickson recruits all positions

Fire patke and bring in a dude who coached STs and recruits CBs solely to help Rumph

I mean Jesus Patke can’t coach (STs and Strikers have been well below average) and dude can’t recruit... seriously why is he holding up a spot???
Might as well fire Rumph to and find someone who coaches and recruits elite players. Knock two birds out with one stone

Advertisement

Knighton not getting caught -----chaney i dont think so either ---- thad is getting caught --- amari isnt

Fire patke and bring in a dude who coached STs and recruits CBs solely to help Rumph

I mean Jesus Patke can’t coach (STs and Strikers have been well below average) and dude can’t recruit... seriously why is he holding up a spot???

Devin Bush can be that guy

Advertisement
Might as well fire Rumph to and find someone who coaches and recruits elite players. Knock two birds out with one stone
Feel like it’s easier to find a recruiter than a great coach...

Besides I feel like DVD is getting groomed to take rumphs spot

Feel like it’s easier to find a recruiter than a great coach...

Besides I feel like DVD is getting groomed to take rumphs spot
Apparently we haven't found a recruiter at HC yet or coach either so. DB has been lacking for a long time do to recruiting imo and alot of other positions as well. Have we got some good players here n there? Yes.....but elite/HOF Butch era kids very very very very few and I'm sure there isn't any HOF types. We were putting out a plethora of pro bowl types and some HoF types.....and that's not a coaching thing that's an eval thing and a recruiting thing.

Advertisement
“The last offensive coordinator (Dan Enos), his system wasn’t really built for me, I didn’t get to really know him as a person,” Daniels said. “It’s all about the system, and his system wasn’t a fit for my style of running.”

“Coach Lashlee’s system is made for me, a good fit for me,” Daniels said. “I like his offense, how he runs the ball.
“We talk every week, me and coach Lashlee, coach (Eric) Hickson, me and Manny Diaz get on Zoom, even (strength coach David) Feeley. I’ve talked to everybody.”

" He’s a cool guy, keeps it real. He talked with me about what happened with last year’s situation, how I felt about it, we talked about it as men and built our relationship from there.”

“The last offensive coordinator (Dan Enos), his system wasn’t really built for me, I didn’t get to really know him as a person,” Daniels said. “It’s all about the system, and his system wasn’t a fit for my style of running.”

“Coach Lashlee’s system is made for me, a good fit for me,” Daniels said. “I like his offense, how he runs the ball.
“We talk every week, me and coach Lashlee, coach (Eric) Hickson, me and Manny Diaz get on Zoom, even (strength coach David) Feeley. I’ve talked to everybody.”

" He’s a cool guy, keeps it real. He talked with me about what happened with last year’s situation, how I felt about it, we talked about it as men and built our relationship from there.”

Can’t fault him for not wanting to play for Enos. Seems like he’s giving us a serious look with Lashlee here.

Lashlee’s message to the four-star running back?

“He actually shows his offense, what he produced the last few years, the rushers he had at SMU,” Daniels said. “He’s showed me my own film, and the type of runs his running backs had are similar to my runs, explosive. We have built a relationship. He’s a cool guy, keeps it real. He talked with me about what happened with last year’s situation, how I felt about it, we talked about it as men and built our relationship from there.”

Daniels adds that Miami “is recruiting me as hard as anybody. Miami’s putting in their ticket. They are recruiting me hard.”

“I will commit before our first game Aug. 21, I’m targeting that,” Daniels said. “But it won’t be anything too soon.”

Knighton not getting caught -----chaney i dont think so either ---- thad is getting caught --- amari isnt

You do know Channey is faster than Knightone right?

Chaney, who committed to the Miami Hurricanes in February, is powerfully built at 5-11 and 205 pounds. But he also has speed — his best time in the 40-yard dash was 4.39 at an Under Armour camp.Aug 26, 2019

Knighton I think runs 4.45 so their close but Channey is 20 pounds heavier.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back