Amari Daniels quote

They’re ok taking one, the original plan was two but now it’s not a must.
I can see taking Daniels. He has a high profile down here (which is never bad to bring in) and he has some skills. I don’t think he is starting caliber here but he can get touches in this up tempo offense. Bring him in!

Advertisement
I can see taking Daniels. He has a high profile down here (which is never bad to bring in) and he has some skills. I don’t think he is starting caliber here but he can get touches in this up tempo offense. Bring him in!

I think he’s a backup plan to Thad at the moment.

The one knock I’ve always heard with this staff was not continuing relationships even if the kid isn’t a take at that moment.

They’d call a kid weekly then drop off the radar for months and then pop up like “ hey big head”. Like they just didn’t disappear for four months. Maybe they’re learning finally.

You should always keep communication even with the backup options.

The one knock I’ve always heard with this staff was not continuing relationships even if the kid isn’t a take at that moment.

They’d call a kid weekly then drop off the radar for months and then pop up like “ hey big head”. Like they just didn’t disappear for four months. Maybe they’re learning finally.

That makes sense. I would just reiterate that bringing guys with some cache down here is good. We need Miami to be “cool” again and guys like Daniels help there.

I wasn't really feeling this kid before because of how he was talking about us, but after watching his highlights im on board with taking him. He looks to have really good vision and looks to have plenty enough speed. I also think its a smart move because this kid seems to be a south fl icon and kids gravitate towards players like that. Theres a lot more pros in taking him then there are cons. Just my two cents.

Advertisement
Please Miami don't take this dude commitment. He shouldn't be our number 2 back. Smith... Smith... Smith... Smith...

Yours truly, He's not going to play here.

Advertisement

This is a completely different staff. I think they offered the kid and will stay on him.

Advertisement
You absolutely take two backs this cycle. Smith and Brown are slot receivers in Lashlee's offense. In today's game, you have to go at least 4 deep at RB and there's a decent chance Cam goes pro if he has a big season.

Advertisement
I like lil Yul as the 2nd RB in this class, he's the best playmaker at Central IMO.

Daniels to me has a low ceiling & a high floor, I don't see much upside other than his pure straight line speed.

Hickson knows better than me, so if they want him I'm good with it, at worst he can be a good return man & be a nice speed option out the backfield, but he's not a 3 down back IMO.

Either way, I'm proud of the Offensive staff puttin in work, in Lashlee's system it really won't matter who we get, the system schemes open players & creates big chunk yardage just off alignment alone, it's a plug & play system that's conducive to high productivity. You don't have to be an elite 4/5-star in order to produce in an uptempo spread offense.

Now somebody just tell Diaz to let Hickson, recruit CB's & we'll be cooking with gasoline.

Advertisement
Back