Amari Daniels quote

Advertisement
I don’t know why , RBs should always leave early because they have short nfl careers, duke left early and I respected it

No there is a difference between leaving because you are a sure fire Top 3 round pick and leaving early knowing you are going undrafted.

Advertisement
I just don’t get what’s so hard for these kids to just be real about their abilities. if you get a degree that’s not worthless from a school like Miami you WILL have a job eventually. Yeah maybe you won’t make millions like your high school teammate dalvin cook but you will make a fine living and avoid CTE. I have a hard time feeling bad for these kids when they leave early to be a 7th rounder or udfa and they’re now jobless. When they could have stayed another year at school. Ate and lived for free and still had the same chance to achieve their dream. And being a college athlete is fun. Those guys get plenty of girls and free stuff. But you come out of it with a $120000 degree with no student loans and the ability to get an entry level job in your field of study

But if he stayed another year he’d have got a degree AND a shot at the league
He would of got his degree, but staying for a senior year doesn't make him get a shot in the league. Richt already had Walton getting the snaps. Yearby would probably have very little carries the next season.

Advertisement
I just don’t get what’s so hard for these kids to just be real about their abilities. if you get a degree that’s not worthless from a school like Miami you WILL have a job eventually. Yeah maybe you won’t make millions like your high school teammate dalvin cook but you will make a fine living and avoid CTE. I have a hard time feeling bad for these kids when they leave early to be a 7th rounder or udfa and they’re now jobless. When they could have stayed another year at school. Ate and lived for free and still had the same chance to achieve their dream. And being a college athlete is fun. Those guys get plenty of girls and free stuff. But you come out of it with a $120000 degree with no student loans and the ability to get an entry level job in your field of study
You are acting like if the NFL didn't work out he wouldn't have been able to return to finish his degree. All Miami football players that declare early can come back to finish their degree, so idk why you are acting like he couldn't.

All RBs who have a hope at being drafted should declare early imo. Well really any top RB I. has should be doing whatever they can to switch to a different position. **** being an NFL Kicker or Punter is better than being a RB, no joke.

Advertisement
You are acting like if the NFL didn't work out he wouldn't have been able to return to finish his degree. All Miami football players that declare early can come back to finish their degree, so idk why you are acting like he couldn't.

All RBs who have a hope at being drafted should declare early imo. Well really any top RB I. has should be doing whatever they can to switch to a different position. **** being an NFL Kicker or Punter is better than being a RB, no joke.
If they do that do they have to pay for food and housing? Just asking cause I don’t know

Advertisement
If they do that do they have to pay for food and housing? Just asking cause I don’t know

Food, stipends, housing, tutors etc not paid for if you come back.

Even if you never make an NFL roster by staying, I dont get the stance that leaving early to be undrafted is a sound decision

Leave early - No NFL, no degree, nothing gained
Stay one more year - More development = Increased chance for NFL (no guarantee but can't hurt)
College degree from UM
One more year to play football! Most people would kill to have another year of playing ball and living the college life. Especially big-time D-1 ball

There is literally no benefit to leaving early and not making a roster or practice squad. Staying doesn't ensure anything but it has benefits and upside that make it an easy decision when you take emotion out.

Food, stipends, housing, tutors etc not paid for if you come back.

Even if you never make an NFL roster by staying, I dont get the stance that leaving early to be undrafted is a sound decision

Leave early - No NFL, no degree, nothing gained
Stay one more year - More development = Increased chance for NFL (no guarantee but can't hurt)
College degree from UM
One more year to play football! Most people would kill to have another year of playing ball and living the college life. Especially big-time D-1 ball

There is literally no benefit to leaving early and not making a roster or practice squad. Staying doesn't ensure anything but it has benefits and upside that make it an easy decision when you take emotion out.

Joe Yearby had like 2 kids...and the chick he was having kids with already had one. Not sure if he was living the college life of joe schmo living in the dorms sleeping in class and smoking weed at night while going to the grove.

The college degree part is moot, he likely was close if not should have gotten a degree, yearby legitimately should have transferred to another school and been the man getting snaps..i think this was around the same time gus edwards transferred out though...what got him was i think he thought gus was coming back if i can remember gus left later.

Advertisement
Back