Amari Daniels quote

Wasn't a CFL back.. lol our fans just pump up anything moving.. D.. pathetic
Look at dudes highlight looks regular to me. a decent 2nd back.
FSU made a power move by letting us get him to nab Cook. Even if we didn't have Yearby Cook wasn't playing here we got out recruited.

Advertisement
It's an interesting take. From my data, I have Miami with a total of 17 commitments from Northwestern since 2002:

2002: Travarous Bain
2003: Leo Waiters
2004: Khalil Jones
2004: Romeo Davis
2005: Christopher Barney
2008: Marcus Forston
2008: Aldarius Johnson
2008: Benjamin Jones
2008: Jacory Harris
2008: Sean Spence
2008: Tommy Streeter
2008: Kendall Thompkins
2013: Artie Burns
2014: Mike Smith
2014: Ryan Mayes
2018: Nigel Bethel
2019: Samuel Brooks

Just 5 since the mammoth 2008 class. So per your question, how much is it Miami "failing to recruit", and how much is it SEC domination and influence?
U forgot Brandon Washington in that 2008 class

Advertisement
Advertisement
How so? Weak year in Florida for RBs, we just got 2 back that was in the Top 150 Last year and we have probably the #1 back in the State this year. Daniels is a speed back that we can develop.

Its much deeper then this. We need these players - we need this type of Talent everywhere. But besides that - we need players like him on our team regardless because of attitude and the vibe-- Bring back the culture we need

Advertisement
No problem with Daniels as a #2 back here. Thought he was a little overrated early on, but I think the kid's junior stuff shows he can play at UM. I'm just not sure he'll ever be a feature back. Reminds me a little of Nayquan Wright.

Advertisement
No trolling. He always wanted the love from Miami. Hickson and whoever is doing these edits are giving it to him. Smart for them to include Big Baby too because they’ve been together since youth football
That makes sense, smart move on their part for sure. I know there’s been concern that Big Baby could be leaning to UF so I don’t see a down side to showing Daniels love if that helps reaffirm his commitment to UM

So we want 2 backs this cycle? Thad and Amari would be an amazing RB succession class to Chaney and Knighton. I think we need 2 backs this class with Cam Harris hopefully balling out leaving early.

They’re ok taking one, the original plan was two but now it’s not a must.

Advertisement
Back