Alonzo Highsmith is going to be vital to the rebuild

Hire an OC from the Heupel tree. I don’t care who. It couldn’t be any worse than this

Won’t matter if Coach Cristobal doesn’t give the OC full control over the offense, IMO.

…and we wouldn’t even know if that were the case until we see it ourselves. I’m beyond done with the talk, not believing anything until I see it on Saturdays.

Advertisement
It’s pretty obvious Mario is going to have to go full Mel Tucker, Lincoln Reilly, Chip Kelly and bring in 20+ transfers in addition to the recruiting class. This should play to Zo’s strengths. NFL teams are so much more thorough in terms of identifying under the radar talent. Having someone with that experience will be a big advantage- just the process and organization to scout these guys.
Don’t matter what players Warrior brings in, his schemes suck kock!!

Alonzo may help with talent acquisition but if you’re expecting him to advise Mario on a new OC hire or adjusting offensive philosophy, there is no chance that’s happening. Lol. In fact, I sure hope Mario isn’t leaning on guys like Alonzo or Chud (who, iirc, acted as a consultant back in dec/Jan), bc if we are, we’ll never evolve as an offense.

I know more than you, I’d bet my bottom dollar. My mentor and his mentor have worked in nfl circles.. you act like I said he was bad. No he’s a ****** rockstar. People are expecting a miracle and he’s not Christ
Whats ***ed up is zo has said in interviews he’s just a piece to the puzzle not some savior, said he’s just here to do what he can to help but people are gonna bash him lol its wild

Alonzo may help with talent acquisition but if you’re expecting him to advise Mario on a new OC hire or adjusting offensive philosophy, there is no chance that’s happening. Lol. In fact, I sure hope Mario isn’t leaning on guys like Alonzo or Chud (who, iirc, acted as a consultant back in dec/Jan), bc if we are, we’ll never evolve as an offense.
As the "GM" of the Football Ops, its his job to tell Mario that this offense sucks and he needs to make a change. Thats why we are paying him. That and to turn this roster completely over. If hes not doing those two things, he can take his a$$ back to being whatever he was in the NFL.

At this point, if he was vacationing up until now..then the vacation is over. And im glad we brought in an OUTSIDE AD too because he has no allegiance or loyalty to any "Miami guy". Its start doing your job or you can GTFO. The job starts today. Tell Andrew Rodgers or whatver the F his name is that the weekend visits to the Foutainbleau to sip Long Island Ice Ts are over too. Time to start earning his check... (the guy we are paying to strictly evaluate and monitor the transfer portal).

Dan R the AD needs to start sending out Monday morning emails to find out WTF people are doing during the weekday and hold these people accountable. Time to start mirco-managing until this thing gets fixed. I wouldnt trust any of them anymore. Esp with how much they are making.

Advertisement
As the "GM" of the Football Ops, its his job to tell Mario that this offense sucks and he needs to make a change. Thats why we are paying him. That and to turn this roster completely over. If hes not doing those two things, he can take his a$$ back to being whatever he was in the NFL.

At this point, if he was vacationing up until now..then the vacation is over. And im glad we brought in an OUTSIDE AD too because he has no allegiance or loyalty to any "Miami guy". Its start doing your job or you can GTFO. The job starts today. Tell Andrew Rodgers or whatver the F his name is that the weekend visits to the Foutainbleau to sip Long Island Ice Ts are over too. Time to start earning his check... (the guy we are paying to strictly evaluate and monitor the transfer portal).

Dan R the AD needs to start sending out Monday morning emails to find out WTF people are doing during the weekday and hold these people accountable. Time to start mirco-managing until this thing gets fixed. I wouldnt trust any of them anymore. Esp with how much they are making.
Highsmith said he thinks teams are going to get back to running the ball. So yea he likely agrees with Mario philosophy

Highsmith said he thinks teams are going to get back to running the ball. So yea he likely agrees with Mario philosophy
Posters say what we run is a "Power Spread". And its the same offense that OSU and Bama run. They just have better players in the scheme. Fair enough. But if Mario and Zo are going to try to convince me that our talent only lends 21ppg with the same scheme that OSU is running that yields them almost 50 PPG then im calling them a G*D D@MN LIE!!!!!!! They not gonna sell me that BS. Sorry.

Advertisement
Posters say what we run is a "Power Spread". And its the same offense that OSU and Bama run. They just have better players in the scheme. Fair enough. But if Mario and Zo are going to try to convince me that our talent only lends 21ppg with the same scheme that OSU is running that yields them almost 50 PPG then im calling them a G*D D@MN LIE!!!!!!! They not gonna sell me that BS. Sorry.
We do not run the same offense as those teams. This offense is more of what Michigan runs

Pretty sad when now we are trying to take down a legend because of the product on the field. He was hired in what, February at the earliest? So it was his job to turn over 50% of the roster in less than 6 months with portal acquisitions? Some of you guys are so clueless as to how personnel changes work. It would literally be impossible to accomplish that feat.

It’s pretty obvious Mario is going to have to go full Mel Tucker, Lincoln Reilly, Chip Kelly and bring in 20+ transfers in addition to the recruiting class. This should play to Zo’s strengths. NFL teams are so much more thorough in terms of identifying under the radar talent. Having someone with that experience will be a big advantage- just the process and organization to scout these guys.

i said it two months ago.

Advertisement
Highsmith needs to get with his NFL contacts and find out who the up and coming coaching minds are. This should have been done prior to hiring MC but Miami was to lazy and dumb to do it.

Given the massive influx of talent in the portal, the skill set is similar to the way NFL teams scout players all over for the draft. I honestly have never heard of 99% of these guys and have no opinion on them.

Advertisement

I'm not addressing your point on Chud, but you are incorrect as it applies to Alonzo.

This doesn't mean that Alonzo is dictating who to hire, but the discussions will be robust and challenging.

Advertisement
Back