Alonzo Highsmith is going to be vital to the rebuild

Advertisement
Advertisement
D2E43B57-DB2A-4564-8A53-F3505F3F8297.jpeg

Advertisement
Would be a huge red flag. Entire staff turnover on and off
Seriously, that a guy with an NFL admin background, who is well thought of in NFL circles, decided he wanted to give the NFL a shot when an interested party came calling? Yep, HUGE red flag.

And then that creates, or symbolizes, ENTIRE staff turnover on and off the field?

Yep, the post seems realistic and well reasoned.

Now, having said that, HUGE turnover after a single season? Well, we've got that. But we already had that.

Seriously, that a guy with an NFL admin background, who is well thought of in NFL circles, decided he wanted to give the NFL a shot when an interested party came calling? Yep, HUGE red flag.

And then that creates, or symbolizes, ENTIRE staff turnover on and off the field?

Yep, the post seems realistic and well reasoned.

Now, having said that, HUGE turnover after a single season? Well, we've got that. But we already had that.
I think it would be a red flag because Zo left the NFL, delaying or giving up his trajectory. He was already on a trajectory to an NFL VP job if he just stayed with what he was doing. He left because he wanted to come home and he believed in the vision of Mario and Rad and the football program. He has already counted the cost and chose Miami.

If he left after one year something big would have had to change.

Advertisement
Nothing suggests Mario will purge the roster and will kick alot of these kids off the team.

Alot of people are saying this will happen and he'll have to hit the portal hard to bring in 20+ guys but there are no indicators that this will happen.

He didn't kick kids off the team when he showed up, after spring, after fall, now, and he keeps playing guys who don't perform.

I'm hopeful there's an exodus, but honestly I don't see him forcing kids out. At this point, I can see talented kids leaving this BS and the non-contributors and problem causers to stay.

Hope I'm wrong.
👀

Advertisement
I think it would be a red flag because Zo left the NFL, delaying or giving up his trajectory. He was already on a trajectory to an NFL VP job if he just stayed with what he was doing. He left because he wanted to come home and he believed in the vision of Mario and Rad and the football program. He has already counted the cost and chose Miami.

If he left after one year something big would have had to change.
I understand your logic. I simply don't know what Zo felt his options and opportunities were then and what he thinks they are now. Nor do I know if his NFL trajectory remained the same if he stayed in this role at Miami.

Many of us left a good job for what we perceived as a better opportunity, even when we felt real pull to stay. I'd have to understand a lot more to get this to ZO LEAVING = RED FLAG status. And we'll probably never know, whatever happens.

Advertisement
Back