Alonzo Highsmith is going to be vital to the rebuild

I know more than you, I’d bet my bottom dollar. My mentor and his mentor have worked in nfl circles.. you act like I said he was bad. No he’s a ****** rockstar. People are expecting a miracle and he’s not Christ
No, not Christ, but people here thought he could/would walk on water. So, why now do they think he’s over his head. Scapegoats gotta ScapetheGoat. Just sayin’

Advertisement
For clarity, I don’t think he’s over his head.. he’s gonna make majorrr improvements. It won’t be enough for the fan base
Well if you have any inner connection back to him

Make sure Riley’s brother the OC for TCU is the name who needs to tell Mario first

I know his kids more than I can say I know him. I know him as Mr.Highsmith lol but I can make sure to connect the dots
Safe to assume that Zo is doing what all good GMs do is keep a short list of quality coaching names on a paper and watches other teams and who is OVER-PERFORMING relative to their talent

Advertisement
You want 20 plus years to be erased in 10 months? Lmao. You people are crazy man. If this dude gets this program back, you will be the first one to come in here talking about I told you so. Some of you need to hit the portal with all of these kids.

Where did I say that, 20 years erased in 10 months?

Alonzo is a nice enough and smart guy, but he's also been away from the college game for 35 years or so. If that's who we're hinging our hopes on, RIP Miami football. It's an unrealistic expectation put on him by some fans, nothing more or less.

Alonzo is a nice enough and smart guy, but he's also been away from the college game for 35 years or so. If that's who we're hinging our hopes on, RIP Miami football. It's an unrealistic expectation put on him by some fans, nothing more or less.
What difference does it make. This program has been dead for years. So what you're saying is no one is worth it, except the people you want? Lmao.

Nothing suggests Mario will purge the roster and will kick alot of these kids off the team.

Alot of people are saying this will happen and he'll have to hit the portal hard to bring in 20+ guys but there are no indicators that this will happen.

He didn't kick kids off the team when he showed up, after spring, after fall, now, and he keeps playing guys who don't perform.

I'm hopeful there's an exodus, but honestly I don't see him forcing kids out. At this point, I can see talented kids leaving this BS and the non-contributors and problem causers to stay.

Hope I'm wrong.
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Advertisement
What difference does it make. This program has been dead for years. So what you're saying is no one is worth it, except the people you want? Lmao.

Again, I never said that.

Whether we'll once again be good or not will be determined by those much closer to those who matter, the coaches and players. Not some executive that has very limited contact with any player or those we'll look to add to the team.

It’s pretty obvious Mario is going to have to go full Mel Tucker, Lincoln Reilly, Chip Kelly and bring in 20+ transfers in addition to the recruiting class. This should play to Zo’s strengths. NFL teams are so much more thorough in terms of identifying under the radar talent. Having someone with that experience will be a big advantage- just the process and organization to scout these guys.

He had 15 new transfers this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Imagine all this football knowledge in the building and not near no one called formal fraud on Gattis? Come on son. Some one needs to pick up a phone to Mario.

Away from the game? Kinda, but he’s also had been a scout and personnel executive in the NFL for a decade. Evaluating college players. Surely meeting with their coaches. I get your point, but he’s not coaching. Never has. He’s running (or helping run) a football program. And his experience should provide insight into who are good football players. No?

Otherwise the team can just recruit off the 247 Composite. Start at #1 at every position and work down.

Away from the game? Kinda, but he’s also had been a scout and personnel executive in the NFL for a decade. Evaluating college players. Surely meeting with their coaches. I get your point, but he’s not coaching. Never has. He’s running (or helping run) a football program. And his experience should provide insight into who are good football players. No?

Otherwise the team can just recruit off the 247 Composite. Start at #1 at every position and work down.

Away from the college game which is night and day compared to the NFL.

Same with talent evaluations. The NFL are getting far more developed products. On top of that, player scouts are what handles that, not player personnel roles he was in. High school evaluations are far different and guys below him are tasked with that.

Time will tell what his value is. I just don't think he'll be the hand to turn it around as suggested by the OP.

Advertisement
Back