Alonzo Highsmith is going to be vital to the rebuild

Nothing suggests Mario will purge the roster and will kick alot of these kids off the team.

Alot of people are saying this will happen and he'll have to hit the portal hard to bring in 20+ guys but there are no indicators that this will happen.

He didn't kick kids off the team when he showed up, after spring, after fall, now, and he keeps playing guys who don't perform.

I'm hopeful there's an exodus, but honestly I don't see him forcing kids out. At this point, I can see talented kids leaving this BS and the non-contributors and problem causers to stay.

Hope I'm wrong.
He may not directly open the portal and shove them through it, but he can make life a little more unbearable by taking playing time away. Remove the game from them and see how much social media clout they'll be getting. True character of a man will show up. They'll either sack up, show grit and get their distracted asses back to work; or, go tell mom what mean coach Gattis told the team, remove Miami discussion from their twitter feed and hopefully get the fvck out of here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yet another dinosaur Miami bro tasked with bringing us back in a different time with kids that are just different. Zero coaching experience and minimal experience in an office at the NFL level. He just gets it, right?
You want 20 plus years to be erased in 10 months? Lmao. You people are crazy man. If this dude gets this program back, you will be the first one to come in here talking about I told you so. Some of you need to hit the portal with all of these kids.

Advertisement
Currently, the most important non-Mario roles in the rebuild of this program:

1) The person who influences Mario's offensive philosophy
2) The person who helps Mario with hiring/firing

*If he doesn't have anyone explicitly helping him evaluate hires/terminations, then that's part of the problem.
And if we’re replacing corches or corchinators the process needs to happen quickly. We can’t draw that **** out until after nfl playoffs.

Advertisement
It’s pretty obvious Mario is going to have to go full Mel Tucker, Lincoln Reilly, Chip Kelly and bring in 20+ transfers in addition to the recruiting class. This should play to Zo’s strengths. NFL teams are so much more thorough in terms of identifying under the radar talent. Having someone with that experience will be a big advantage- just the process and organization to scout these guys.
Mel Tucker? He does and should get credit for a nice year last season, on the back of RB Kenneth Walker.

But MSU is 3-4, 1-3 in B1G, 5th in his division, and starting over…again.

lmao everybody was begging for Highsmith two years ago. Now he doesn't matter?

You guys are wild

He needs to prove his value… Mario failing at proving his after people begged for him for multiple coaching “searches”

How would you know that, give the man a chance **** his first cup of coffee is still warm.
I know more than you, I’d bet my bottom dollar. My mentor and his mentor have worked in nfl circles.. you act like I said he was bad. No he’s a ****** rockstar. People are expecting a miracle and he’s not Christ

Advertisement
On the OBB pod last year, Zo said the old school ground and pound is the offense of the future, because defenses don’t know how, or want to defend against it anymore.
Indeed. So far behind, we’re ahead.
Put it on a t shirt & pimp it @ AllCanes.

“Highsmith served as vice president of personnel for the Cleveland Browns from 2018-19. Prior to joining the Browns, Highsmith spent 19 seasons with the Green Bay Packers player personnel department. During his time in Green Bay, the Packers earned 13 trips to the playoffs, nine NFC North division titles and a victory in Super Bowl XLV.
In Green Bay, Highsmith worked with General Manager John Schneider, who was a part of the Packers' front office from 2002-2009 before joining the Seahawks the following year.”

He spent 21 years evaluating college players for successful franchises that were known for identifying under the radar gems. I have to believe that skill set will be valuable when looking at the portal. NFL teams dont just look at star rankings and players from the top programs.

Idc how much NFL experience Alonzo has, all he can do is point Mario in the right direction with who to go after. Mario still has to convince kids to transfer or sign on the dotted line. That isn’t happening until the offense and defense changes.

Asking 20-30 plus kids to leave, is nothing but a talking point, until there are 20-30 capable kids who are willing to take their place. Everybody here complains about depth. You can’t build depth like this unless everything works out perfectly.

Advertisement
Back