ACC Network Options?

UM has a site that lists the providers that have ACCN, I believe it's only directv, Hulu live, psvue and FiOS. Maybe that's just for my zip code. As a YTTV subscriber, I'm annoyed. Probably just watch those ACCN games at a bar

Advertisement
Exactly, what if you're visiting family or friends? Or what if you split the cost with them? I read about this technology about a year ago but Netflix actually said they want people to share, or at least they don't mind. Said it allows others to see it and the more eyes they can get to, the better.
I'm glad they take that stance, I've been using my wife's friend's login for over 3 years; I even have my own profile.

I think all of them will allow a couple logins even if it’s remotely. Hard to see them draw a hard stance on IP address. The whole point of streaming access is to allow flexibility to your viewers.

Find a good friend/family member and lock in a Netflix plus top cable package login and you are set. **** even if you have to give them $25 a month to help the bill, it’s still worth it. I haven’t had cable since 2012 and watched everything all of you have. Never paid more than $60 a month for internet during that time. I pay $50 a month now for fiber internet through AT&T.

Cable companies gauge their customers. I used to work for one. Everyone on here needs to call their companies today and demand a discount cause I promise you are over paying. Had the discussion at work the other day and found out people are spending around $150 a month or more. That’s absurd!

Think about that. 7 years of paying roughly $100 less than some people equals $8,400 I have put in my pocket while some are spending it to watch tv.

I think all of them will allow a couple logins even if it’s remotely. Hard to see them draw a hard stance on IP address. The whole point of streaming access is to allow flexibility to your viewers.

Find a good friend/family member and lock in a Netflix plus top cable package login and you are set. **** even if you have to give them $25 a month to help the bill, it’s still worth it. I haven’t had cable since 2012 and watched everything all of you have. Never paid more than $60 a month for internet during that time. I pay $50 a month now for fiber internet through AT&T.

Cable companies gauge their customers. I used to work for one. Everyone on here needs to call their companies today and demand a discount cause I promise you are over paying. Had the discussion at work the other day and found out people are spending around $150 a month or more. That’s absurd!

Think about that. 7 years of paying roughly $100 less than some people equals $8,400 I have put in my pocket while some are spending it to watch tv.
What's crazy is now with all the streaming options, I read that cable companies won't give you a discount anymore if you threaten to leave. Most of them provide internet and sometimes, they're the only option in certain areas. They know if you subscribe to streaming, you'll need a decent amount of speed with internet and they charge more since it's stand-alone. That's where they're making the most profit.

Can you Dvr/record off of Hulu live that, or I guess I should better say will they have the replay available for a significant amount of time after the game originally airs?

I ask because I will be at UFhag game, but it’s always been my practice to record the games and then re-watch them. Unless we lose of course.
Actually I'm not sure. I'll try it tonight with a baseball game and let you know.

What's crazy is now with all the streaming options, I read that cable companies won't give you a discount anymore if you threaten to leave. Most of them provide internet and sometimes, they're the only option in certain areas. They know if you subscribe to streaming, you'll need a decent amount of speed with internet and they charge more since it's stand-alone. That's where they're making the most profit.

Yeah Comcast is the worst about that. Directv will cut you a deal. Have to be willing to go all the way and cancel if they call your bluff. Also they will charge you **** near as much just for internet if you try to go that route vs them offering you a package. They know they are on their last legs with all this streaming options. Internet is more valuable to customers

Advertisement
Yeah Comcast is the worst about that. Directv will cut you a deal. Have to be willing to go all the way and cancel if they call your bluff. Also they will charge you **** near as much just for internet if you try to go that route vs them offering you a package. They know they are on their last legs with all this streaming options. Internet is more valuable to customers
I am about to start this with directv in a couple months when the 60 dollar credit I negotiated last year runs out. When you say go all the way in cancelling...do you mean you actual cancelled it or you start the process and then they cave?

I cut the cord two years ago and I love it. I started out with SlingTV, it was fine until I realized Hulu Live TV had all the same cable channels and locals for $45/month. Hulu has DVR capabilities and you can access it anywhere through the app. Best decision I've made regarding cable. Also, you don't have to call every year and threaten to cancel because Comcast jacked your bill up.

Agreed. I was actually convinced by a CIS contingent a while back to cut the cord and it ended up being a very wise call.

I've tried almost every streaming service in like the last year and found Hulu Live with Enhanced Cloud DVR to be the overall best too. It's not perfect but (imo) offers the closest approximation to what you get with much more expensive cable or satellite service.

My total tv expense now plus my Netflix subscription plus my super fast internet (400 mpbs) is basically only like $20 more per month total than what DirecTV ALONE was trying to charge me when they finally figured out my threats to leave were basically negotiating tactics for free Sunday Ticket.

And what device/app do you use for it?

Idk most of the iptv stuff i've seen isn't very good quality (not 1080) and has a lot of buffering... Personally I might rather just pay for PSVue and not have to deal with that - mostly because it's not just me that would be using it. If it were JUST me, I'd probably be fine with solely an IPTV subscription and Real-debrid on Kodi, or some other apk like CinemaHD or TVZion or something...
I use the firestick. It has 1080p quality and no buffer. Just make sure you have a router and modem for best quality. They call it a premium iptv service and its been worth it.

I am about to start this with directv in a couple months when the 60 dollar credit I negotiated last year runs out. When you say go all the way in cancelling...do you mean you actual cancelled it or you start the process and then they cave?

Ask for the retention department. I believe they have a different name for it. There are two lines of defense. They first people you talk to are only allows to credit a certain amount. It’s all based on how well you pay your bill and how long you have been with them. They have or used to have a start system that went up to 5 stars. If you are a 5 star customer you are allotted higher discounts.

The first level of defense won’t send you to the retention department unless you say you want to cancel because they get a negative ding for transferring calls unless you say those key words (I want to cancel) the retention department can typically give up to $20 off for 6 months or more. They may also give you free HBO and stuff like that for 3 months. If you do accept free HBO for 3 months, make sure you call back and cancel or it will automatically start charging after 3 months.

Good luck.

Advertisement
Ask for the retention department. I believe they have a different name for it. There are two lines of defense. They first people you talk to are only allows to credit a certain amount. It’s all based on how well you pay your bill and how long you have been with them. They have or used to have a start system that went up to 5 stars. If you are a 5 star customer you are allotted higher discounts.

The first level of defense won’t send you to the retention department unless you say you want to cancel because they get a negative ding for transferring calls unless you say those key words (I want to cancel) the retention department can typically give up to $20 off for 6 months or more. They may also give you free HBO and stuff like that for 3 months. If you do accept free HBO for 3 months, make sure you call back and cancel or it will automatically start charging after 3 months.

Good luck.
Thanks for the input. Yeah I had a huge argument with them over qualifying for a promotion that they advertised on my box. I know they do targeted ads like that. They kept telling me I didn't qualify even though they sent the ad directly to my tv. So by the 4th person up the chain after 2 weeks of calling they gave me $60 a month discount to for 12 months. Pretty sweet. But that runs out it 2 months.

I've been with directv for 7 years and never had a late payment so I would assume I am a five star recruit for business starting in September so I'm gonna be asking for some bags lol

Agreed. I was actually convinced by a CIS contingent a while back to cut the cord and it ended up being a very wise call.

I've tried almost every streaming service in like the last year and found Hulu Live with Enhanced Cloud DVR to be the overall best too. It's not perfect but (imo) offers the closest approximation to what you get with much more expensive cable or satellite service.

My total tv expense now plus my Netflix subscription plus my super fast internet (400 mpbs) is basically only like $20 more per month total than what DirecTV ALONE was trying to charge me when they finally figured out my threats to leave were basically negotiating tactics for free Sunday Ticket.

How has the DVR recording worked on Hulu? Really, my interest is recording any Miami games. Like I said before, I record all the games, even when I go to a game - I like to go back and watch it again if we won. Like a junkie getting another fix.

Thanks for the input. Yeah I had a huge argument with them over qualifying for a promotion that they advertised on my box. I know they do targeted ads like that. They kept telling me I didn't qualify even though they sent the ad directly to my tv. So by the 4th person up the chain after 2 weeks of calling they gave me $60 a month discount to for 12 months. Pretty sweet. But that runs out it 2 months.

I've been with directv for 7 years and never had a late payment so I would assume I am a five star recruit for business starting in September so I'm gonna be asking for some bags lol
Good luck, I had 2 Dtv accounts for almost 7 years. I had a bunch of discounts that were all from things they did wrong. One month to the next, my bill went up over $30 a month, I called and they told me I had gotten all the discounts I was going to get. I went as far as I could and threatened to cancel and they didn't move an inch. So, I went to Dish and got more channels for less, with a 3 year price lock.
The 3 years just ended, that's why I went to Comcast. Of course, after I already got Comcast, the final person I talked to about sending my equipment back, said I was in the loyalty program and they could offer me the same deal that I previously had. Lulz

Advertisement
How has the DVR recording worked on Hulu? Really, my interest is recording any Miami games. Like I said before, I record all the games, even when I go to a game - I like to go back and watch it again if we won. Like a junkie getting another fix.
None of the streaming services have a good DVR. YouTube TV is the best with unlimited recording but erases after 9 months. That's one of the main reasons I went with traditional cable/satellite

If Sling has it, I am good. I’ll open an account when the season starts and cancel in December. Cable sucks, DirectTV sucks and Uverse sucks...complete rip offs.

It's about 85% as good as your standard cable or satellite DVR and the best overall I've found in the streaming services as they give me 100 hrs of recording space.

The only drawbacks have been that it's occassionally wonky and you'll have a recording disappear and then magically come back but this isn't extremely frequent and the other is Hulu's grid view of current/upcoming programming. You can manually search (and set to record) any programming but their grid view of all their channels only will show what is currently airing and what is airing in the next hour.

That's probably the most significant difference from cable or satellite. If you have high speed internet access then you really shouldn't notice any actual quality differences.

Advertisement
None of the streaming services have a good DVR. YouTube TV is the best with unlimited recording but erases after 9 months. That's one of the main reasons I went with traditional cable/satellite

It's about 85% as good as your standard cable or satellite DVR and the best overall I've found in the streaming services as they give me 100 hrs of recording space.

The only drawbacks have been that it's occassionally wonky and you'll have a recording disappear and then magically come back but this isn't extremely frequent and the other is Hulu's grid view of current/upcoming programming. You can manually search (and set to record) any programming but their grid view of all their channels only will show what is currently airing and what is airing in the next hour.

That's probably the most significant difference from cable or satellite. If you have high speed internet access then you really shouldn't notice any actual quality differences.

Thanks for the responses.

I’m completely trying to cut the cord, the only thing stopping me is the ball and chain, who likes to record stuff that I never watch like cooking/baking shows, and shlt on bravo network whose viewership is primarily women and **** (no offense to anyone please), the Bachelor, that stuff.

As far as the games, as I said, I like to rewatch them. I guess after a while we can watch full replays on YouTube. I mean I guess every single game ever played pretty much is on just regular YouTube.

So I’m not so sure that only having it for a few months available would make any difference then, would it? Know if I can just get her to adapt to 100% streaming I’ll be good to go.

Thanks for the responses.

I’m completely trying to cut the cord, the only thing stopping me is the ball and chain, who likes to record stuff that I never watch like cooking/baking shows, and shlt on bravo network whose viewership is primarily women and **** (no offense to anyone please), the Bachelor, that stuff.

As far as the games, as I said, I like to rewatch them. I guess after a while we can watch full replays on YouTube. I mean I guess every single game ever played pretty much is on just regular YouTube.

So I’m not so sure that only having it for a few months available would make any difference then, would it? Know if I can just get her to adapt to 100% streaming I’ll be good to go.
That's part of my problem too. The wife has almost 100 shows recorded just on her profile and she watches when she can. I record all of our games too and watch them during the grueling off-season to get my fix. You're right though, the games are all pretty much on YouTube.

None of the streaming services have a DVR as you know it. Everything goes to the cloud. Each service has their own limits as to how much you can record and how long they keep the recording. Each service also has how many streams they will allow and how many devices you are allowed to use to connect to their service. Some will let you change the parameters if you will pay them extra money. DIRECTV Now is using a Beta version, so things might not work as smooth as you expect.

As more and more people are cutting cable and going to streaming, some of the services are having trouble handling the extra load. There is no perfect solution that will be a fit for everybody. You just have to jump in and try what you think is best. Most have free trial periods. Some have no contract, so you can cancel anytime. Channel lineups are not set in stone. Expect channels to be dropped and/or added at any time. Right now there is enough competition to keep prices low enough to make the switch from cable. But I expect as the popularity expands, there will be companies merging and programming costs will increase. As I mentioned in a previous post, DIRECTV Now pulled NBC local channels from their lineup over the prices the provider wanted to increase for their programming. If the provider wins this battle, cost to users will increase. And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Advertisement
Back