ACC Network Options?

Been wanting to cut the cord for awhile now. Was thinking about slingtv or others. I mostly watch sports, HBO and some other channels. I also watch Netflix and prime a good amount. Any suggestions on best course of action after cutting cord?
I cut the cord two years ago and I love it. I started out with SlingTV, it was fine until I realized Hulu Live TV had all the same cable channels and locals for $45/month. Hulu has DVR capabilities and you can access it anywhere through the app. Best decision I've made regarding cable. Also, you don't have to call every year and threaten to cancel because Comcast jacked your bill up.

Advertisement
I cut the cord two years ago and I love it. I started out with SlingTV, it was fine until I realized Hulu Live TV had all the same cable channels and locals for $45/month. Hulu has DVR capabilities and you can access it anywhere through the app. Best decision I've made regarding cable.
Thanks! Good looking out. I was thinking about getting Antenna for local but if Hulu live covers it...even better

I cut the cord two years ago and I love it. I started out with SlingTV, it was fine until I realized Hulu Live TV had all the same cable channels and locals for $45/month. Hulu has DVR capabilities and you can access it anywhere through the app. Best decision I've made regarding cable. Also, you don't have to call every year and threaten to cancel because Comcast jacked your bill up.
I have Hulu with commercials through my wife's Spotify account. It SUCKS, idk about the live TV but EVERY time it comes back from a commercial, which is ultra HD and NEVER buffers, there's either no volume or the picture freezes or both. That lasts 5 min or more, if you back out of it and reload the app, MOAR commercials. If you move the timeline to see if you've already seen the episode, MOAR commercials and then of course, it freezes. LOL

Been wanting to cut the cord for awhile now. Was thinking about slingtv or others. I mostly watch sports, HBO and some other channels. I also watch Netflix and prime a good amount. Any suggestions on best course of action after cutting cord?

Can't answer definitively, as I have not yet cut the cord, but the ONE cord-cutting solution I have examined most closely is DirecTV, I feel like they have the best overall integration across various streaming devices (I primarily use AppleTV and Amazon) and they seem to have the best overall channel line-up, particularly with sports. I would imagine that decades of being a full-service provider have given them a leg up on having the contractual deals with all of the networks.

I have Hulu with commercials through my wife's Spotify account. It SUCKS, idk about the live TV but EVERY time it comes back from a commercial, which is ultra HD and NEVER buffers, there's either no volume or the picture freezes or both. That lasts 5 min or more, if you back out of it and reload the app, MOAR commercials. If you move the timeline to see if you've already seen the episode, MOAR commercials and then of course, it freezes. LOL
**** really? I've never had those problems. Sure it has commercials but no more than cable. My internet speed is only 60 mbps and never buffers.

Advertisement
**** really? I've never had those problems. Sure it has commercials but no more than cable. My internet speed is only 60 mbps and never buffers.
Well it's their regular service with commercials, not the live TV. I was assuming that's different, as you said. But boy the regular service is terrible! Lol

I'm about to cut the cord. Bought a Nvidia Shield TV which is great. And I'm setting up Kodi/Plex on it so I can stream movies/shows online. Then probably gunna pick up a FireStick or whatever for bedrooms.

PSVue is probably the best Streaming option for sports though. and they have the option for NFL network/Redzone, and it DOES get ACCNetwork, so I think I'm going to use that or maybe YoutubeTV or Hulu+LiveTv

But combine the streaming service with Netflix, PrimeVideo, NFL Gameday pass ($100/yr to watch every NFL game after it airs), Maybe Hulu and it's still WAY cheaper than what I currently pay. Plus you can cut, switch, add streaming services based on what sport you want to watch with no contract and other BS.

Go here - https://thestreamable.com/

1) You gotta look at the streaming options available and pick the best for you. Theres PSVue (don't need a playstation for btw), YoutubeTV, Hulu+LiveTV, Sling, DirectTVNOw, Philo, FuboTV, etc. The first 3 listed are probably the best options, but basically you have to look at what are the most important live tv channels for you and choose off that (though you can just do the trial or use all them for 1 month and then switch to see what you like best...NO CONTRACTS). I will say PSVue is 100% Best for NFL. **** you can use 2 at once, then certain months if you don't care about the sport you don't use any and just use Netflix, and stuff like that... But you need to know what channels you need. For instance if you NEED every NFL game, not many carry NFL Network, BUT Amazon carries all but 2 thursday night NFL games, and CBS, FOX, and ESPN carry the rest.

2) You need something to actually stream what you're watching to: Nvidia Shield TV, Amazon FireStick/Cube, AppleTV, Chromecast, Roku, and a bunch of others, but those are the main nes. But it's worth knowing what each does well/bad. For instance, Hulu wont update their app on AndroidTV, so Nvidia Shield doesn't get Hulu Live TV, but if you don't want to use Hulu, the Shield is by far the best option (most powerful, customizable, and you can play games on it). Then you can't use Youtube or YoutubeTV on any of the Amazon devices, and you can't use Amazon's PrimeVideo on Google's Chromecast. Also the Chromecast doesn't have a remote, you SOLELY control it through your phone or tablet with the google home app. The AppleTV I think works with everything, but if you don't use apple products, it probably doesn't make sense to have this one either. The Roku is probably the most general out of them all, good for pretty much any service...

3) HBO/Showtime can be added as a standalone service regardless which service you pick, as can ESPN+, CBS All access, NBC universal, and a **** load of others...just like Netflix, PrimeVideo, Hulu (without LiveTV), and soon to be Disney+ and Apple service......The only thing that really matters here is that Amazon Prime doesn't work on Chromecast. Everything else should work on every device. PLUS if you're get Sling I don't think you get CBS or ESPN, so maybe it's cheaper to get CBS and ESPNs standalone app and one of the Sling packages...

Last edited:

Get a login from a friend who pays for the top of the line directv package. Get a couple rokus and just login with their info and watch all the ESPN, Fox Sports, HBO etc... that you want. Been leaching off a friend for 5 years now. You can also get a HD digital antenna for like $30 and that will get you broadcast channels like Fox, ABC, CBS, NBC and any other digital channels in your local area.

Advertisement
Get a login from a friend who pays for the top of the line directv package. Get a couple rokus and just login with their info and watch all the ESPN, Fox Sports, HBO etc... that you want. Been leaching off a friend for 5 years now. You can also get a HD digital antenna for like $30 and that will get you broadcast channels like Fox, ABC, CBS, NBC and any other digital channels in your local area.
I tried that with my parents account and it said I had to connect to their box? Or be on the same WiFi or something like that, how did you do it?

I have YouTube TV and so far they have not committed to having it, but I figure for the one or two games a year that are only on it, I will just stream off or reddit and use chromecast to get it on my TV. That is what I do for Nationals games as they are only aired on MASN which YouTube TV doesn't have and the Nationals are one of only 2 MLB teams that does not have an option to stream locally.

1) You gotta look at the streaming options available and pick the best for you. Theres PSVue (don't need a playstation for btw), YoutubeTV, Hulu+LiveTV, Sling, DirectTVNOw, Philo, FuboTV, etc. The first 3 listed are probably the best options, but basically you have to look at what are the most important live tv channels for you and choose off that (though you can just do the trial or use all them for 1 month and then switch to see what you like best...NO CONTRACTS). I will say PSVue is 100% Best for NFL. **** you can use 2 at once, then certain months if you don't care about the sport you don't use any and just use Netflix, and stuff like that... But you need to know what channels you need. For instance if you NEED every NFL game, not many carry NFL Network, BUT Amazon carries all but 2 thursday night NFL games, and CBS, FOX, and ESPN carry the rest.

2) You need something to actually stream what you're watching to: Nvidia Shield TV, Amazon FireStick/Cube, AppleTV, Chromecast, Roku, and a bunch of others, but those are the main nes. But it's worth knowing what each does well/bad. For instance, Hulu wont update their app on AndroidTV, so Nvidia Shield doesn't get Hulu Live TV, but if you don't want to use Hulu, the Shield is by far the best option (most powerful, customizable, and you can play games on it). Then you can't use Youtube or YoutubeTV on any of the Amazon devices, and you can't use Amazon's PrimeVideo on Google's Chromecast. Also the Chromecast doesn't have a remote, you SOLELY control it through your phone or tablet with the google home app. The AppleTV I think works with everything, but if you don't use apple products, it probably doesn't make sense to have this one either. The Roku is probably the most general out of them all, good for pretty much any service...

3) HBO/Showtime can be added as a standalone service regardless which service you pick, as can ESPN+, CBS All access, NBC universal, and a **** load of others...just like Netflix, PrimeVideo, Hulu (without LiveTV), and soon to be Disney+ and Apple service......The only thing that really matters here is that Amazon Prime doesn't work on Chromecast. Everything else should work on every device. PLUS if you're get Sling I don't think you get CBS or ESPN, so maybe it's cheaper to get CBS and ESPNs standalone app and one of the Sling packages...
Great info @calinative umstudent. Seems like a lot of work though. I guess that is why I stay with DirectTV but I do pay thru my nose.

Advertisement
I'm about to cut the cord. Bought a Nvidia Shield TV which is great. And I'm setting up Kodi/Plex on it so I can stream movies/shows online. Then probably gunna pick up a FireStick or whatever for bedrooms.

PSVue is probably the best Streaming option for sports though. and they have the option for NFL network/Redzone, and it DOES get ACCNetwork, so I think I'm going to use that or maybe YoutubeTV or Hulu+LiveTv

But combine the streaming service with Netflix, PrimeVideo, NFL Gameday pass ($100/yr to watch every NFL game after it airs), Maybe Hulu and it's still WAY cheaper than what I currently pay. Plus you can cut, switch, add streaming services based on what sport you want to watch with no contract and other BS.

Forget Kodi. Use CinemaHD.

Also, YouTube TV is the best live TV streaming option by far.

Just get a firestick and download the Sportz TV app to it $30 gets you over 1k channels on 4 devices. Movies, pay per view, all sports channels and TV shows included. Been using this for about a year now. You need a router and modem for best results.

Advertisement
I live in upstate New York, where Spectrum reigns supreme. I’ve already called and threatened to switch providers if they don’t carry the ACC Network, but at this point it doesn’t look like they’re going to budge.

What are my options?

Will ESPN+ carry the games?

Do you guys recommend SlingTV or YouTubeTV?

This **** is so frustrating.

Sling

Hulu Live TV is the way to go. I've had SlingTV but they didn't carry any of my local channels.

Can you Dvr/record off of Hulu live that, or I guess I should better say will they have the replay available for a significant amount of time after the game originally airs?

I ask because I will be at UFhag game, but it’s always been my practice to record the games and then re-watch them. Unless we lose of course.

Advertisement
Back