ACC Network Options?

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
I live in upstate New York, where Spectrum reigns supreme. I’ve already called and threatened to switch providers if they don’t carry the ACC Network, but at this point it doesn’t look like they’re going to budge.

What are my options?

Will ESPN+ carry the games?

Do you guys recommend SlingTV or YouTubeTV?

This **** is so frustrating.

Advertisement
I have YTTV and watch ESPN I always get ACCN. So I assume they will have it. They better have it. Plus YTTV is better bang for your buck to cut the cord.

I have YTTV and watch ESPN I always get ACCN. So I assume they will have it. They better have it. Plus YTTV is better bang for your buck to cut the cord.
Ya, WatchESPN would be great, but I won’t be able to watch it on there either since what you have access to on the app is based on your cable package.

Advertisement
Just switched to Comcast and told them I wanted it. They said it's likely but they still haven't done anything. They gave me a great deal though. You can go to getaccn.com and put in your zip code, it will tell you the carriers in your area that will have it. Unfortunately for me, it's only Dtv, Hulu and PlayStation Vue. Basically, our only option is to keep calling.

I live in upstate New York, where Spectrum reigns supreme. I’ve already called and threatened to switch providers if they don’t carry the ACC Network, but at this point it doesn’t look like they’re going to budge.

What are my options?

Makes no sense at all, particularly with Syracuse in the ACC.

Makes no sense at all, particularly with Syracuse in the ACC.
Exactly. I’m trying to encourage all of my friends who root for Syracuse to call, too. The problem is most of them only care about basketball so they won’t be calling until it’s November. A real shame.

Advertisement
Just switched to Comcast and told them I wanted it. They said it's likely but they still haven't done anything. They gave me a great deal though. You can go to getaccn.com and put in your zip code, it will tell you the carriers in your area that will have it. Unfortunately for me, it's only Dtv, Hulu and PlayStation Vue. Basically, our only option is to keep calling.
Ya, I did the same thing as you with the zip code. My options are pretty limited. Worst comes to worst....I’ll just go to a bar on the ACC Network game weekends to watch them. I shouldn’t have to do that, though.

Did comcast in south florida ever pick it up?
No, that's where I am. I think it would be nation wide if they do. The problem is Comcast, Dish other cable companies, etc are in the middle of their contract with ESPN and have no incentive (other than customers calling) to renegotiate. They hold all the power in that situation and you know how money hungry these companies are!

No, that's where I am. I think it would be nation wide if they do. The problem is Comcast, Dish other cable companies, etc are in the middle of their contract with ESPN and have no incentive (other than customers calling) to renegotiate. They hold all the power in that situation and you know how money hungry these companies are!

So what are best F*CK Comcast banners we can come up with?

Advertisement
So what are best F*CK Comcast banners we can come up with?

Yeah, I'm gonna be pretty ****ed with all I pay Xfinity each month and all the bull**** channels I have, oh, wait Invicta is having a sale on Evine! if they don't pick it up.

Every once and awhile, even a normal man has to spit on his hands and hoist the Jolly Rodger . . .

Advertisement

What are my options?

Hulu Live TV is the way to go. I've had SlingTV but they didn't carry any of my local channels.

I have Comcast Xfinity. I'm also paying for their sports package. At this point Comcast hasn't committed to the ACCN. With all the South Florida customers, I can't imagine them not carrying the ACCN. I'll be cutting the cord if they don't carry ACCN. I'm fed up with their BS anyway. They charge extra for HD. I pay for the sports package and pay some BS sports broadcasting fee on top of that. They don't even carry the PAC-12 channel in HD. I wind up watching PAC-12 from my laptop in HD and streaming it to my tv.

It's not about just the games. I want all the ACC content from all the sports and commentary programming.

I may be looking into Hulu or Sling.

Exactly. I’m trying to encourage all of my friends who root for Syracuse to call, too. The problem is most of them only care about basketball so they won’t be calling until it’s November. A real shame.

I have no idea if this is true, but I would imagine that some cable companies are simply waiting to announce until some point this summer. What I mean is this, I live in Orlando, and our (primary) cable carrier in this area is Spectrum. I find it hard to believe that in a Top 20 TV market, with TWO Florida-based ACC teams, that Spectrum WOULD NOT pick up the ACC Network. Again, that's no guarantee, but it just seems ridiculous for them NOT to carry the ACC Network, regardless of public announcements at this time.

I'm still calling, and upstate NY is probably a tougher call, but I just wonder if certain cable companies will be carrying the channel, but have not yet announced it.

Been wanting to cut the cord for awhile now. Was thinking about slingtv or others. I mostly watch sports, HBO and some other channels. I also watch Netflix and prime a good amount. Any suggestions on best course of action after cutting cord?

Advertisement
Back