ACC balls drop

Yes, and our players will hitting it with the coeds.
There’s a difference between a college athlete hitting a dorm sloot and millionaire baseball player living somewhere like Miami and hitting the town.

I’m not saying nobody is going to get it, but as long as a genuine effort is made to do the right thing, that’s all you can do.

i’m not saying that the coaches have absolute control, of course not. But they have more control than professional coaches. Our players are going to have to buy in. So it’s up to the coaches to get them to buy in.

Advertisement
It's very simple boys. Vast majority of P5 will lose more money playing to 25% full stadiums than they would cancelling the season. FOLLOW THE MONEY.
Yup this is political. Smaller programs opting to cancel because they probably lose money every year anyways (old dominion UConn). Penn state and Ohio state voting no to season, they’re also the largest state schools in key battleground states in the election. That’s not Ad’s decision or coaches or players. The big wigs are trying to play chess.

I am 100% for them trying to play this season, but they must have a coordinated effort to do it as safely as possible.

Covid-19 is not a joke, people are dying including some young people. Granted, these athletes are at low risk for the worst outcomes but it could happen. I personally knew someone in their 20's that passed.

The difficulties that major league baseball is having will occur with both college and pro football. There may be cancelled games and people will get sick. Just have to have a coordinate plan on how to deal with that.

Young people dying of more things than COVID.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves”an attempt to play” doesn’t mean they are playing
essentially what the ACC leaker said -- plenty of time till the first league of sept 12 for them to make a decision. once you cancel, you can't un-cancel, but you can cancel at any time.

for the people who think coaches have control of the kids -- its gonna be a ton of work and a lot of sacrifices made on both ends to ensure they're as bubbled as they can be. with kids back on campus in 7 days, you're going to assume that there will be a ton of outside contact. hopefully, all of them stay healthy and beat the **** out of your savior Trevor Lawrence

I don’t know when they went out of business or why. Never had it as a case study. I’m thinking before even my college days

How's that old joke go? Fastest way to become a millionaire is be a billionaire and buy an airline.

I remember flying Eastern Airlines and Pan Am as a kid, back when people could still smoke on planes. Kinda miss those airlines (not the smoking though-- can't believe that was ever legal!)

Advertisement
I don't think playing this season is a good idea. I already lost 6 ppl close to me b/c of covid.. Funeral homes had so many bodies last week it wasn't funny.

How's that old joke go? Fastest way to become a millionaire is be a billionaire and buy an airline.

I remember flying Eastern Airlines and Pan Am as a kid, back when people could still smoke on planes. Kinda miss those airlines (not the smoking though-- can't believe that was ever legal!)
2nd-hand smoke wasn't bad back then. I don't know what they put in cigarettes these days but the smell is awful.

Can you believe people smoked on planes. I barely remember it as well. By the time I was an adult, it was gone.

Advertisement
Can you believe people smoked on planes. I barely remember it as well. By the time I was an adult, it was gone.
Half way down the aisle there was a little sign that read "no smoking beyond this point".
So, the smoke and the smokers stayed in the front half of the plane and the "clean" air and the non-smokers were in the back.

Last edited:
I worked in a restaurant in 2001 and we still had a smoking section. There was 6 aisles and the last 2 were smoking. I think it was right around that time when they stopped it, at least in Florida.

Advertisement
Back