ACC balls drop

Can you believe people smoked on planes. I barely remember it as well. By the time I was an adult, it was gone.
I actually lit up once on a six-seat commuter flying from Wichita to Dodge City, Ks. It was in a snow storm and we were heading back to college after Xmas break. My buddy from Cardinal Newman and I were looking out at a blizzard that had started, snow was still new to us - visibility had to be less than 50-feet. All of a sudden we saw the wing from another small plane (tip of the wing had a light on is all we could make out), come out of the dark and disappear above our plane in an instant. Shocked as sh--, I ask my buddy, "did you just see that?" Yes, he said he had. The pilot and co-pilot were six feet away and we yelled at them, "did you guys see that?" Both turned around in a panic and said, "no, what?" We were 18 and those guys didn't look very much older than us. They seemed very nervous to begin with - us telling them that made them look at each other like they were ready to give up. My buddy smoked, so I asked him for one and lit up - because that's what they did in the movies to calm down.

Advertisement
We h

We hate it but can you really blame them? Chance to bring in NBC money for a season without ticket revenue

Learned long ago....Always follow the $$$ if you ever want to know the truth.

I cant prove it one way or another (nor can anyone except TV or the conferences)

BUT.... I have a strong feeling that the conferences with TV contracts may get paid regardless of whether there is a season or not.

Last edited:
I love how this is unfolding. I absolutely love it.

The SEC especially is going to try their best to play no matter what these other Conferences fools decide.
I think the ACC follows in their footsteps.

Right now on ESPN they are focusing on what people have been mentioning here. There may be a huge defection of players from the Conferences that do cancel or postpone their seasons. There might be a huge movement of players migrating to the south knowing they can actually play games, not have to worry about cancelled games and just play the game they love.

It is going to be the wild west and all I can do is laugh and eat popcorn watching all the idiots in the Midwest and out West cry tears and scratch their heads as to why this is all happening.

How's that old joke go? Fastest way to become a millionaire is be a billionaire and buy an airline.

I remember flying Eastern Airlines and Pan Am as a kid, back when people could still smoke on planes. Kinda miss those airlines (not the smoking though-- can't believe that was ever legal!)
Eastern, Pan Am, TWA.
it was probably a lot better for us consumers when these competitors existed.

How's that old joke go? Fastest way to become a millionaire is be a billionaire and buy an airline.

I remember flying Eastern Airlines and Pan Am as a kid, back when people could still smoke on planes. Kinda miss those airlines (not the smoking though-- can't believe that was ever legal!)
Braniff also. Use to fly that to visit family in Texas.

Advertisement
Covid isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Professional and college sports need to learn how to play through it. I’m sure they won’t cancel next season if they were in the same scenario

I actually lit up once on a six-seat commuter flying from Wichita to Dodge City, Ks. It was in a snow storm and we were heading back to college after Xmas break. My buddy from Cardinal Newman and I were looking out at a blizzard that had started, snow was still new to us - visibility had to be less than 50-feet. All of a sudden we saw the wing from another small plane (tip of the wing had a light on is all we could make out), come out of the dark and disappear above our plane in an instant. Shocked as sh--, I ask my buddy, "did you just see that?" Yes, he said he had. The pilot and co-pilot were six feet away and we yelled at them, "did you guys see that?" Both turned around in a panic and said, "no, what?" We were 18 and those guys didn't look very much older than us. They seemed very nervous to begin with - us telling them that made them look at each other like they were ready to give up. My buddy smoked, so I asked him for one and lit up - because that's what they did in the movies to calm down.
I actually read a government study via the freedom of information act, that said smoking on a plane cut down on contracting the flu by 70 something % due to all of the smoke in the back smoking section. Lol

Advertisement

I don’t smoke, but had I been with you, I would have wanted one as well. That’s a “close your eyes and pray” flight.

I forgot. Are you the guy that played ball in the frozen tundras of the Midwest?

Reminds me of a flight I had from Houston to some landing strip in western Kansas. I was hungover as **** when I got on the plane. The pilot turns to me and asks, "If we have a problem, can you help?" I was too stunned to answer. All I could think of was, "If you have a problem, we are all gonna die!" It was a late flight, so good and dark when we landed somewhere in a field or something. I can't remember, but it was not comforting having a pilot ask if I could help. Help what, scream?

You're probably asking how I was so hungover from the night before if it was a late flight. I don't remember that part....

Reminds me of a flight I had from Houston to some landing strip in western Kansas. I was hungover as **** when I got on the plane. The pilot turns to me and asks, "If we have a problem, can you help?" I was too stunned to answer. All I could think of was, "If you have a problem, we are all gonna die!" It was a late flight, so good and dark when we landed somewhere in a field or something. I can't remember, but it was not comforting having a pilot ask if I could help. Help what, scream?

You're probably asking how I was so hungover from the night before if it was a late flight. I don't remember that part....
Probably a lemon party

I don’t smoke, but had I been with you, I would have wanted one as well. That’s a “close your eyes and pray” flight.

I forgot. Are you the guy that played ball in the frozen tundras of the Midwest?
Yep, I was out there right after Wyatt Earp left for Tombstone.

Attachments

• 1972 Dodge Citry 100th Pin.jpg
    1972 Dodge Citry 100th Pin.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 2
Advertisement
Advertisement
One thing I’d like to add is that the ACC needs to be just as committed to doing this the right way. Keep the players as safe as possible given the circumstances.

Because I am a clairvoyant I can tell some of you are typing up the response, “well the very idea of congregating on a field is fundamentally and scientifically irresponsible, er go, unsafe.” To those of you crafting this response I offer the hole of my butt.
Clairvoyance, eh? Does that work better than Old Testament prophets? Maybe I should switch. I'm always getting answers late.

I hope our players use their brains and understand sneaking out and partying or attending high risk gatherings will cost them 3-4 games in quarantine and obviously hurt the teams chances of winning. Lets hope our boys are focused!!!
Just bring the womens in. Just test them to make sure their safe. No girls off the street...Maybe some high class pros from the Beach hotels, or wherever you find them thesedays.

What does the NBA do? They must have some policy.

The hole or the whole? I just want a clarification to know how offended I need to be. Just so you know, Alyssa Milano is my barometer
Since this is Cis, and we use the CIS handbook of Style and Usage, and Funk & Wagnall's, and the little Strunk book, whenever you see hole,it means whole, and vicey versa.

Advertisement
Back