ACC balls drop

Advertisement
When MAC cancelled, I saw a tweet that P5 schools immediately tried to poach their top players. Imagine if B1G and Pac12 cancel and ACC doesn’t. Might be too late anyways, but do we have any open scholarships?

Advertisement
GREAT DECISION by the ACC!

This will be huge for recruiting if just us & the SEC are the only conferences playing in the fall, we'll be appointment TV for fans & recruits alike & will have all the prime time coverage. Plus the TV revenue payouts I would estimate will be more with higher ratings if we're the only games on. ACC Network about to make a killing off this.

And from the Covid perspective, the less amount of teams playing the better, a smaller more controllable group of teams traveling within a relatively small circumference is about as close to a Football bubble as you can get.

ACC & SEC need to remain steadfast & stand firm on the benefits of playing this fall, let the PAC-12 & B1G take the "moral high ground" & fall on the sword of overacting hyper-precautionary measures lol. Covid is not gonna suddenly disappear in January-April & there still won't be a vaccine available, so just let them run their narratives lol.
Football is Southern Religion

One thing I’d like to add is that the ACC needs to be just as committed to doing this the right way. Keep the players as safe as possible given the circumstances.

Because I am a clairvoyant I can tell some of you are typing up the response, “well the very idea of congregating on a field is fundamentally and scientifically irresponsible, er go, unsafe.” To those of you crafting this response I offer the hole of my butt.
The hole or the whole? I just want a clarification to know how offended I need to be. Just so you know, Alyssa Milano is my barometer

Last edited:
Advertisement
If schools go rogue from the NCAA, who's to stop him?
True, but imagine a situation where that happens and he's the only one to come back. Then we win it all. As a part of the return to the NCAA, we'd have to vacate our wins and subsequent title.

Now if Alabama also had a player who signed and came back...

I am 100% for them trying to play this season, but they must have a coordinated effort to do it as safely as possible.

Covid-19 is not a joke, people are dying including some young people. Granted, these athletes are at low risk for the worst outcomes but it could happen. I personally knew someone in their 20's that passed.

The difficulties that major league baseball is having will occur with both college and pro football. There may be cancelled games and people will get sick. Just have to have a coordinate plan on how to deal with that.

No way. ACC gonna be the last conference standing, like McDonalds in "The Fifth Element".

View attachment 126959
I see your Fifth Element (really bad movie) and raise you the original Blade Runner (a science fiction classic)

477D1C93-E888-4BD2-9EF6-87F1B602A76C.jpeg

Advertisement
I am 100% for them trying to play this season, but they must have a coordinated effort to do it as safely as possible.

Covid-19 is not a joke, people are dying including some young people. Granted, these athletes are at low risk for the worst outcomes but it could happen. I personally knew someone in their 20's that passed.

The difficulties that major league baseball is having will occur with both college and pro football. There may be cancelled games and people will get sick. Just have to have a coordinate plan on how to deal with that.

I think in baseball it’s a slightly different problem. Management has zero control what the baseball players do during the after hours. And I’ve been told Marlin players were hitting it, out and about.

Advertisement
I think in baseball it’s a slightly different problem. Management has zero control what the baseball players do during the after hours. And I’ve been told Marlin players were hitting it, out and about.

I mean you think coaches are gonna keep kids in line in college? RU can't even stop players from going to a party. we had guys show up hungover for game day. its impossible to control college kids or even bubble them up if they don't want to be (with kids back on campus, they won't be). either way, Manny doesn't get an excuse. hes gotta win

Yes, and our players will hitting it with the coeds.
Yup, and they are going to get "infected" whether they play football or not. We all will, eventually, if we haven't been exposed already.

As with prior pandemics in the last 100 years, none of which forced large swaths of businesses to close or sports to be cancelled - the best way out is going to be through.

As for "long term effects," welcome to the world of viral infections. Healthy friend years ago was hospitalized nearly a month, because mono screwed him up that badly. Meningitis kills kids indiscriminately every year......we could "prevent" that by closing all schools and businesses for the rest of eternity, couldn't we? When I was 8, I caught a very nondescript cold, but it turned into pneumonia, a serious life-threatening illness. Where was all this concern and closure of everything? It makes me angry. I never thought I would see a day when we would close and cancel everything like this is Cuba or something.

If there's only gonna be a couple of conferences playing, then do it right and put these teams in a bubble for three months. Stop the farce of making them go to classes, if there's no bubble positive tests are inevitable.

Why risk shutting teams down for a week or two, like baseball did?
And pay the players too

Advertisement
Back