6.4 Ivins Update

Diaz has stated on multiple occasions that pressure and the safety is the most important part of his defense. Why are we surprised that he hasn’t focused on CB?

go back to when he was first hired at DC he talks about safeties all the time. They cleanup the mistakes and are the most important piece to his D. There’s a reason our D was great when Jaquan was in the field. He was elite and cleaned up everything on the back end

we’ve got a billion safeties and strikers so this would make sense

Advertisement
Diaz has stated on multiple occasions that pressure and the safety is the most important part of his defense. Why are we surprised that he hasn’t focused on CB?

go back to when he was first hired at DC he talks about safeties all the time. They cleanup the mistakes and are the most important piece to his D. There’s a reason our D was great when Jaquan was in the field. He was elite and cleaned up everything on the back end
and when they talk about cb it’s nothing about coverage they always talk about wanting guys who can tackle

and when they talk about cb it’s nothing about coverage they always talk about wanting guys who can tacklle

Correct. He expects the defense to get to the QB so he doesn’t “need” coverage guys. It’s attacking and I assume he thinks each play will be 3 seconds or shorter. H has stated his defense really stresses the safety position and that’s why it’s so important for us to have elite safeties in this scheme.

and when they talk about cb it’s nothing about coverage they always talk about wanting guys who can tackle

I think we sign good D classes with some elite talent. I personally am disappointed that we miss out on some big names because I feel our D Coaches (most) are bad recruiters. That being said with the exception of a few bad plays and couple games, Manny’s D ever since he’s been here as been the one positive and consistent bright spot.

Miami has good cornerback play. Teams like LSU, Ohio State, Alabama and Florida have great cornerback play.

When Miami is right, we should be in that elite group. You can knock Rumph for not having us at that level.

But to say he’s incompetent ignores the facts. He’s recruited a depth chart of four stars and we are a consistently good pass defense. If you think that’s a given at Miami, you missed the decade before Rumph.

Advertisement
No one has ever said he was slow, if they did they simply didn't know what they were talking about.

Daniels issues are not speed, he has very fast straight line speed, but he doesn't have good lateral quickness & hasn't shown a lot of wiggle/agility in his cuts. He's also physically not very big & hasn't really developed in that sense.

He doesn't have good contact balance & hasn't really shown he can run through traffic on a consistent basis.

What Daniels is as of now, is an undersized speedster back, he has some ability but he really hasn't lived up to the billing as an elite caliber South FL back like he's always been touted to be. Now, possibly he could end up playing much better than he has his Senior year, but until now he's been mostly overrated.

With that said, if Hickson wants him I trust his judgment & am good with it, he can be a good speed back & used as a change of pace player in certain packages. He's just not a workhorse style back that you can build an offense around, he's a piece that you can use in multiple ways.

a bigger Johnny Ford?

Miami has good cornerback play. Teams like LSU, Ohio State, Alabama and Florida have great cornerback play.

When Miami is right, we should be in that elite group. You can knock Rumph for not having us at that level.

But to say he’s incompetent ignores the facts. He’s recruited a depth chart of four stars and we are a consistently good pass defense. If you think that’s a given at Miami, you missed the decade before Rumph.

nobody cares but probably our best X and O’s coach on staff

Correct. He expects the defense to get to the QB so he doesn’t “need” coverage guys. It’s attacking and I assume he thinks each play will be 3 seconds or shorter. H has stated his defense really stresses the safety position and that’s why it’s so important for us to have elite safeties in this scheme.
It definitely is heavily reliant on safety. Since diaz has been here a safety has led the team in tackles every year until this past season. Hall finished 2nd in tackles last year. 2016 carter and Jenkins was 1st & 3rd in tackles. 2017 & 2018 jaquan and redwine were 1st and 4th.

Since Rumph got here what corner back prospect had as much raw physical talent as CJ. Please tell me what corner back prospect was so gifted he played running back while 170 soaking wet with boots and a back pack and producing in dade county.
What player have we landed that was a low 4.4 guy as a junior and above 6 foot tall. CJ was being recruited as a corner back by everyone despite never even having film or playing at the position. The failure may be a generational disconnect with Rumph. He can’t have that hard *** old school coach Approach (not saying he does or is still doing it). Not excusing his misses and I also believe that this year he has to knock it out of the park on the field and land some dudes with better raw talent. But trying to make cj Henderson a first round corner back is a lot easier than trying to make Michael Jackson one.

Listen as a fan you can make the argument you’re making all day. That’s fine. But somehow other the coaches in our league have managed to produce top two round DBs. It’s simple. You can’t have reasons and results. And we have to have the results.

Advertisement
Ringo never would have stayed committed. If you think that you are dreaming.

I’ve stated the defense needs a couple ace recruiters. I stand by that. But Rumph has landed back to back solid corner classes. And someone mentioned we should have double the depth? In a 25 cap recruiting class no team can afford to sign so many corners that they end up with “ double the depth we have at corner this year”. We are young, we lost Bandy who shouldn’t have left. And we absolutely should have better depth. But this happens. Hopefully, they land a stud moving forward. I agree with the criticism but disagree with some of the arguments here.

Couldn’t agree more! It’s also ridiculous Miami hasent has a pubt returner who can house the ball since hester. How on earth is that the case? No elite corners I agree with but our special teams has been pathetic. This is Miami!!!

ill Speak on Chris Henderson, I was told Chris picked the team he felt most comfortable with, Which was obviously Florida. he made an educated decision that if the coaching staffs that recruited him got fired (which lol both did) he picked the school that fit him.
I’ll speak on something I heard as well. Cj was going to flip even before the al American game and he knew it for at least 2 weeks.

Ringo never would have stayed committed. If you think that you are dreaming.

I’ve stated the defense needs a couple ace recruiters. I stand by that. But Rumph has landed back to back solid corner classes. And someone mentioned we should have double the depth? In a 25 cap recruiting class no team can afford to sign so many corners that they end up with “ double the depth we have at corner this year”. We are young, we lost Bandy who shouldn’t have left. And we absolutely should have better depth. But this happens. Hopefully, they land a stud moving forward. I agree with the criticism but disagree with some of the arguments here.
Totally not the point. If he was good enough and wanted to commit, you take him. If he flips, it's more a function of going 6-7. And it would be the same for any high level recruit that wants the opportunity to win. What you're saying is, we shouldn't even try for alpha dogs because we suck.

Advertisement
Far bigger problems on the team than Rumph.

Pass defense finished #1 in the country a couple years ago.

We only did that a couple times during our run.

Like i said if you want to be a cuck...thats your preference..other schools are working. The whoa is me talk doesnt make sense in that case...should just fold this ****.

Mullen ended up at IU because they RECRUITED him well. Chose them over Pitt,KSU, Nebraska.
I mean you can down play it all you want and claim big schools, bags,etc...but me personally i would land...1 kid that i coached since they were 9. That right there alone shouldve let you know their true thoughts of him as a coach. **** us as a program...they didnt think he was good enough to take them to the next level. I mean sh*t Banda in the same time beat out Bama for a kid as well, why is that?. And turned around this cycle and beat out UF for a player from their recruiting grounds?. HOW is that remotely possible in your theory of fighting bigs and you suck?.

They didnt even push for Divaad or Jaden Davis so your opinion there is null and void. Beating out at soflo defensive player over Oklahoma isnt hard at all cut the sh*t. You must be new to recruiting.

Cuck, please.

You haven't shown a thing to dispute what I have said.

Mullen, Pitt, KSU, etc. Again, what an offer list. That further proves the point that nobody believed he had the juice for a larger offer. What's your point here? You saw something? Great, nobody else did.

Oh, you would've landed on of the AH guys or whatever. Check that ego at the door. You would still be here and the results would've been the same. Not personal, it's business and that's what they showed.

Exceptions to the norm happen. Your dumbass started all of this by acting like there's some long list of 5 and 4 star talent we keep missing on that w should be getting. All we've landed is 4 star guys at the corner. The elites are going elsewhere and all you've got is cuck to come back with. What a lame ***.

You double down on your stupidity with acting like we should be beating out OU for anything. Why in the world should our perennially underachieving asses be beating them for recruits they really want? UGA, please, they get who they want in head to head matchup with us. Want to talk about those two again and what your feeling is? You're getting caught up in them for sure.

Been around recruiting 25 years since I got recruited. Tell me how much you know more than me. Better yet, stay in your lane and talk who you think is good and leave it at that. Kids aren't loyal to some has been when a has now comes calling. They aren't loyal to their boys they grew up with, current coaches, or schools in high school but are gonna be loyal the the local school? What? Please, not happening until we start winning again.

☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝☝

53A48603-60AD-446C-97C1-0C08B6F7D7D6.gif

@Empirical Cane I’ve got your popcorn ready.

Personally, I’ve got to upvote both of the combatants for each making good points.

Advertisement
Cuck, please.

Mullen, Pitt, KSU, etc. Again, what an offer list. That further proves the point that nobody believed he had the juice for a larger offer. What's your point here? You saw something? Great, nobody else did.

Oh, you would've landed on of the AH guys or whatever. Check that ego at the door. You would still be here and the results would've been the same. Not personal, it's business and that's what they showed.

Exceptions to the norm happen. Your dumbass started all of this by acting like there's some long list of 5 and 4 star talent we keep missing on that w should be getting. All we've landed is 4 star guys at the corner. The elites are going elsewhere and all you've got is cuck to come back with. What a lame ***.

You double down on your stupidity with acting like we should be beating out OU for anything. Why in the world should our perennially underachieving asses be beating them for recruits they really want? UGA, please, they get who they want in head to head matchup with us. Want to talk about those two again and what your feeling is? You're getting caught up in them for sure.

Been around recruiting 25 years since I got recruited. Tell me how much you know more than me. Better yet, stay in your lane and talk who you think is good and leave it at that. Kids aren't loyal to some has been when a has now comes calling. They aren't loyal to their boys they grew up with, current coaches, or schools in high school but are gonna be loyal the the local school? What? Please, not happening until we start winning again.

1591490711183.png

Cuck, please.

Body bag.

I got a bit personal, I do like Mr. Go, and shouldn't have dropped a few names.

Man, we both want the same thing and sure, we've gotta take our shot on the elites. Just a tough road to hoe considering our in the field product. Want kids to believe, but why should they when the fans don't.

We have certainly out recruited our on the field product. It's frustrating seeing all the top tier guys fly, but I get it. We keep plugging away, but they need to see something. Had Richt not bombed the end of a season a few years back, I think we would've cleaned up that year.

Advertisement
Back