6.4 Ivins Update

ATXCane86

Banned
Banned
Guy is Captain Hedge so TFWIW:
  • Thinks Brinson is leaning Miami with A&M the biggest threat (with UGA also involved). Will be updating Crystal Ball in next few days
  • Miami still pushing for Alexis and Brashard Smith. Hard to see Alexis committing to Texas sight unseen and Miami is recruiting Smith the hardest.
  • Staff is open to taking a second running back, thus the interest in Amari Daniels. A&M and Penn State are biggest competition.
  • Communication has picked up significantly with Thomas Davis.
  • Kam Kinchens believed to be down to Miami and Auburn with Miami holding the edge as of now.
  • Staff talking to Jardin Gilbert from Louisiana and still chasing James Williams and Terrion Arnold.
  • Lashlee in contact with Jake Garcia but USC ppl think he sticks ultimately.
  • Nothing new to report on Jarrid Williams but staff is still optimistic.
  • Leonard Taylor feeling 'most wanted' but Miami, UF and Tennessee

Last edited:
Advertisement
Guy is Captain Hedge so TFWIW:
  • Thinks Brinson is leaning Miami with A&M the biggest threat (no mention of UGA). Will be updating Crystal Ball in next few days
  • Miami still pushing for Alexis and Brashard Smith. Hard to see Alexis committing to Texas sight unseen and Miami is recruiting Smith the hardest.
  • Staff is open to taking a second running back, thus the interest in Amari Daniels. A&M and Penn State are biggest competition.
  • Communication has picked up significantly with Thomas Davis.
  • Kam Kinchens believed to be down to Miami and Auburn with Miami holding the edge as of now.
  • Staff talking to Jardin Gilbert from Louisiana and still chasing James Williams and Terrion Arnold.
  • Lashlee in contact with Jake Garcia but USC ppl think he sticks ultimately.
  • Nothing new to report on Jarrid Williams but staff is still optimistic.
  • Leonard Taylor feeling 'most wanted' but Miami, UF and Tennessee
He actually said "Georgia is very much involved" regarding Brinson.

Advertisement
Wtf is up with all of these safeties?
Does Rumph want to turn all these dudes into cb’s?
Are we just going zone 4-2-5? Can someone with some knowledge about coaching instead of ignorance like myself clarify this.

My thoughts exactly. Over the past year it's been very safety heavy

The most surprising part of the whole article was that Ivins said that Amari Daniels ran one of the fastest 40’s in FLA before the camps got cut out

Advertisement
He may like bigger CBs.

May remember that from his days playing for Butchie.

After all Rolle and Rumph both played CB at Miami, went in the 1st round and were later converted to safeties in the NFL - Rolle a lot earlier in his career than Rumph.

Are we just going zone 4-2-5? Can someone with some knowledge about coaching instead of ignorance like myself clarify this.

Seems to me like they're valuing the diversity of a player more than individual positions. Someone that can cover deep and sideline to sideline is a bigger asset to this staff than a prototype CB, IMO

Advertisement
We're recruiting Safeties because we could potentially lose all 3 of our upperclassmen after this season.

Carter graduates no matter what & if Hall or Bolden have good season both will declare (NOT saying they should or they will, just that they could), which would leave us with 4 on the roster.

We also have the Hybrid Nickel position which uses both Safeties & LB's, so because of scheme versatility we need depth at Safety. Our Defense is predicated on Safety play on the backend both in the passing game & run game, so you always need at least 3 guys who can play back there.

Also Banda does a good job recruiting S's, so if we can land talent then fúck it stack chips. If I were Diaz I'd put him on CB's too, but that's another thread for another day.

We're recruiting Safeties because we could potentially lose all 3 of our upperclassmen after this season.

Carter graduates no matter what & if Hall or Bolden have good season both will declare (NOT saying they should or they will, just that they could), which would leave us with 4 on the roster.

We also have the Hybrid Nickel position which uses both Safeties & LB's, so because of scheme versatility we need depth at Safety. Our Defense is predicated on Safety play on the backend both in the passing game & run game, so you always need at least 3 guys who can play back there.

Also Banda does a good job recruiting S's, so if we can land talent then fúck it stack chips. If I were Diaz I'd put him on CB's too, but that's another thread for another day.

I disagree. It’s always a good day to clown Rumph for his inability to land corners in the most talent rich portion of America.

Advertisement
I disagree. It’s always a good day to clown Rumph for his inability to land corners in the most talent rich portion of America.
That horse has been beaten to death & I genuinely hate how a thread can derail in a split second at the mere mention of Rumph, so I really hope that doesn't happen here because it's not necessary.

We all know what it is at this point. Also have to keep in mind we still have a chance to land Markevious Brown or get a late flip like we've done the last 2 classes, that's not ideal, but it's just our reality now.

At the end of the day there's still time, so maybe it'll work out in our favor with a good season.

Offensive recruiting might be setup for an explosion here shortly. I know we all have said kids want to see the new Lashlee offense but with the dead period extended, they might not get to wait much longer. Sounds like we are in a really good spot for a bunch of kids and would love to see us get their commitments so we can focus on top tier talent nationally at QB, OT, CB.

Advertisement
Back