6.4 Ivins Update

No one has ever said he was slow, if they did they simply didn't know what they were talking about.

Daniels issues are not speed, he has very fast straight line speed, but he doesn't have good lateral quickness & hasn't shown a lot of wiggle/agility in his cuts. He's also physically not very big & hasn't really developed in that sense.

He doesn't have good contact balance & hasn't really shown he can run through traffic on a consistent basis.

What Daniels is as of now, is an undersized speedster back, he has some ability but he really hasn't lived up to the billing as an elite caliber South FL back like he's always been touted to be. Now, possibly he could end up playing much better than he has his Senior year, but until now he's been mostly overrated.

With that said, if Hickson wants him I trust his judgment & am good with it, he can be a good speed back & used as a change of pace player in certain packages. He's just not a workhorse style back that you can build an offense around, he's a piece that you can use in multiple ways.
I may have been mistaken but I thought remember some people in another thread questioning his speed. But to be fair if it was a one man class I wouldn’t take as an only back but as a compliment to Thad I think he’s perfect. Thad can wear down the defense and he can come in and torch them with his speed. Like you said tho if Hickson wants em I’ll trust him.

Advertisement
No one has ever said he was slow, if they did they simply didn't know what they were talking about.

Daniels issues are not speed, he has very fast straight line speed, but he doesn't have good lateral quickness & hasn't shown a lot of wiggle/agility in his cuts. He's also physically not very big & hasn't really developed in that sense.

He doesn't have good contact balance & hasn't really shown he can run through traffic on a consistent basis.

What Daniels is as of now, is an undersized speedster back, he has some ability but he really hasn't lived up to the billing as an elite caliber South FL back like he's always been touted to be. Now, possibly he could end up playing much better than he has his Senior year, but until now he's been mostly overrated.

With that said, if Hickson wants him I trust his judgment & am good with it, he can be a good speed back & used as a change of pace player in certain packages. He's just not a workhorse style back that you can build an offense around, he's a piece that you can use in multiple ways.
Sounds like the perfect second back to have in a recruiting class where you brought in two blue chips the year before.

We're recruiting Safeties because we could potentially lose all 3 of our upperclassmen after this season.

Carter graduates no matter what & if Hall or Bolden have good season both will declare (NOT saying they should or they will, just that they could), which would leave us with 4 on the roster.

We also have the Hybrid Nickel position which uses both Safeties & LB's, so because of scheme versatility we need depth at Safety. Our Defense is predicated on Safety play on the backend both in the passing game & run game, so you always need at least 3 guys who can play back there.

Also Banda does a good job recruiting S's, so if we can land talent then fúck it stack chips. If I were Diaz I'd put him on CB's too, but that's another thread for another day.
Love that u didn't say striker

Advertisement
We're recruiting Safeties because we could potentially lose all 3 of our upperclassmen after this season.

Carter graduates no matter what & if Hall or Bolden have good season both will declare (NOT saying they should or they will, just that they could), which would leave us with 4 on the roster.

We also have the Hybrid Nickel position which uses both Safeties & LB's, so because of scheme versatility we need depth at Safety. Our Defense is predicated on Safety play on the backend both in the passing game & run game, so you always need at least 3 guys who can play back there.

Also Banda does a good job recruiting S's, so if we can land talent then fúck it stack chips. If I were Diaz I'd put him on CB's too, but that's another thread for another day.
Definitely agree with your Banda sentiments. I like Rumph a lot personally and think he's a good coach. Not elite yet(like those who tend to cape for him like to think)from a technical standpoint but capable of getting there with more experience. But I call it down the middle with him. He should be taking notes on everything Banda does from a recruiting perspective because Banda has been getting results since he came here. With the exception of Christian Williams in '19 and ABJ, who was coming here if Wilson from Castaway was his position coach, he's brought in the highest ranking DB commit every year. Doesn't everyone feel more secure about our future personnel at S than CB??? It ain't for no reason, that's for **** sure. Really, what harm would it do and how hard could it be to make Banda the lead DB recruiter??? Maybe some adjustments with regional responsibilities?

Advertisement
Definitely agree with your Banda sentiments. I like Rumph a lot personally and think he's a good coach. Not elite yet(like those who tend to cape for him like to think)from a technical standpoint but capable of getting there with more experience. But I call it down the middle with him. He should be taking notes on everything Banda does from a recruiting perspective because Banda has been getting results since he came here. With the exception of Christian Williams in '19 and ABJ, who was coming here if Wilson from Castaway was his position coach, he's brought in the highest ranking DB commit every year. Doesn't everyone feel more secure about our future personnel at S than CB??? It ain't for no reason, that's for **** sure. Really, what harm would it do and how hard could it be to make Banda the lead DB recruiter??? Maybe some adjustments with regional responsibilities?
That's a fact bro, it's something I still can't understand to this day.

Rumph should be a dominant recruiter in South FLA, he's from Delray, was a 1st round draft pick & played on the greatest National championship team in college football & had a solid NFL career, plus coached 5 years at one of the best High Schools in Broward. I like him a lot personally too & I think he's a good coach, but his recruiting is just bizarre at this point lol.

I don't put it all on him necessarily because he allegedly doesn't get to call his own shots on who we offer or go after at CB, I'm not so sure if I believe that tbh because he's been here for long enough to where he should have total autonomy on who he wants at CB, given his experience I can't imagine him just letting Diaz & Baker or whoever tell him who to recruit, at least I hope it ain't like that.

At this point Idk wtf needs to be done, to me the "we've been a losing program" excuse doesn't cut it, we haven't struggled getting Safeties, DE's, RB's or WR's despite back to back losing seasons, the only positions we have a hard time with every class is LB & CB.

Some coaches are just better salesmen than others, some dudes just got the gift of gab & just know how to sell recruits on anything to get them to sign, Banda does a good job connecting with kids, he's battling bag schools left & right for Safeties & he's had misses too but he knows how to zero in on his target & get a steal. At CB we basically get underrated 3-stars who can rise later in the rankings, or a 23rd hour late add kid that didn't sign in December.

If I was Diaz I would fire Patke & replace him with a dynamic DB coach & just label him the ST's coach, get somebody like Rod Chance, T-Buck or Donté Williams & let whoever it is team up with Banda to recruit all the CB's & let Rumph just handle the coaching side of it. He can help recruit to, but just let the other guys be the lead recruiter lol.

That's a fact bro, it's something I still can't understand to this day.

Rumph should be a dominant recruiter in South FLA, he's from Delray, was a 1st round draft pick & played on the greatest National championship team in college football & had a solid NFL career, plus coached 5 years at one of the best High Schools in Broward. I like him a lot personally too & I think he's a good coach, but his recruiting is just bizarre at this point lol.

I don't put it all on him necessarily because he allegedly doesn't get to call his own shots on who we offer or go after at CB, I'm not so sure if I believe that tbh because he's been here for long enough to where he should have total autonomy on who he wants at CB, given his experience I can't imagine him just letting Diaz & Baker or whoever tell him who to recruit, at least I hope it ain't like that.

At this point Idk wtf needs to be done, to me the "we've been a losing program" excuse doesn't cut it, we haven't struggled getting Safeties, DE's, RB's or WR's despite back to back losing seasons, the only positions we have a hard time with every class is LB & CB.

Some coaches are just better salesmen than others, some dudes just got the gift of gab & just know how to sell recruits on anything to get them to sign, Banda does a good job connecting with kids, he's battling bag schools left & right for Safeties & he's had misses too but he knows how to zero in on his target & get a steal. At CB we basically get underrated 3-stars who can rise later in the rankings, or a 23rd hour late add kid that didn't sign in December.

If I was Diaz I would fire Patke & replace him with a dynamic DB coach & just label him the ST's coach, get somebody like Rod Chance, T-Buck or Donté Williams & let whoever it is team up with Banda to recruit all the CB's & let Rumph just handle the coaching side of it. He can help recruit to, but just let the other guys be the lead recruiter lol.
Makes sense to me. His recruiting profile would raise by default if a scenario happened like that. Imagine if he got his hands on some high 4/5 star talent to mold...

Advertisement
There are new positions being created. Striker, Striker Jr, Viper, Pit Viper, Shocker, and Stinky Fingers. Don't ask about the last one, but I hear it's going to get ugly for opposing WRs.

Stinky...sticky...whatever...
EHXcDTdXkAAPF1u.jpg

Also if Penn State wants Amari Daniels I’m all in on him lately they haven’t missed on many RB evals so I would deff take him for that reason

Advertisement
Makes sense to me. His recruiting profile would raise by default if a scenario happened like that. Imagine if he got his hands on some high 4/5 star talent to mold...

Isaiah Dunson 4*
Marcus Clarke 4*
Christian Williams 4*
Te'Cory Couch 4*
DJ Ivey 4*
Al Blades Jr. high 4*
**** even Jhavonte Dean was a 4* along with Bandy 4*
No, he has not gotten any 5 stars or the upper echelon 4 stars, but every corner on the roster is 4* and were wanted by other top schools. Don't act like we have not recruited at the caliber of a top 13 team. We just have not been winning. We need to show these kids we can win games and they will pick Miami. Win and they will come.

Yea he needs to take over the recruiting side from rumph, but I can't wait to see how he developes Dunson at corner because at 6-2 with his ball skills are just out of this world he's going to be a beast too

Can he catch? Is he Kevin Faulk type guy, Darren Sproles (although Darren has great balance and was a very good all round back. He just found his niche)? Sounds like he is a guy that you have to scheme for to use him. Would that be accurate?

Isaiah Dunson 4*
Marcus Clarke 4*
Christian Williams 4*
Te'Cory Couch 4*
DJ Ivey 4*
Al Blades Jr. high 4*
**** even Jhavonte Dean was a 4* along with Bandy 4*
No, he has not gotten any 5 stars or the upper echelon 4 stars, but every corner on the roster is 4* and were wanted by other top schools. Don't act like we have not recruited at the caliber of a top 13 team. We just have not been winning. We need to show these kids we can win games and they will pick Miami. Win and they will come.
You're right, all 4 of 'em. Hope like **** they're as healthy as horses this year...

Advertisement
Back