6.4 Ivins Update

I got a bit personal, I do like Mr. Go, and shouldn't have dropped a few names.

Man, we both want the same thing and sure, we've gotta take our shot on the elites. Just a tough road to hoe considering our in the field product. Want kids to believe, but why should they when the fans don't.

We have certainly out recruited our on the field product. It's frustrating seeing all the top tier guys fly, but I get it. We keep plugging away, but they need to see something. Had Richt not bombed the end of a season a few years back, I think we would've cleaned up that year.
Well, he called you a cuck, which was unnecessary, so you responded. I think there’s truth in what both of you are saying. My upvotes aren’t on the insult parts but on the substance of each argument.

Advertisement
Totally not the point. If he was good enough and wanted to commit, you take him. If he flips, it's more a function of going 6-7. And it would be the same for any high level recruit that wants the opportunity to win. What you're saying is, we shouldn't even try for alpha dogs because we suck.
Yea....i’m not sure what you are talking about. Who cares if you take a commit or not if the staff knows he isn’t gonna stick who cares. This staff has taken commitments from MANY alpha kids who break their pledge. Sorry, not following your logic. You always try for alpha kids. But the staff somehow needs to land them. That’s the only thing that matters. Not at all trying to sound like a jerk. I just find this pointless. But you always attack studs in recruitment.

Yea....i’m not sure what you are talking about. Who cares if you take a commit or not if the staff knows he isn’t gonna stick who cares. This staff has taken commitments from MANY alpha kids who break their pledge. Sorry, not following your logic. You always try for alpha kids. But the staff somehow needs to land them. That’s the only thing that matters. Not at all trying to sound like a jerk. I just find this pointless. But you always attack studs in recruitment.

You have to be smart about it and try to gain some insight into their motives. If they're just saving a spot then actively playing the bag game then pass. But pick you spots. Nobody thought we'd get DJ Williams or Lester Williams but we did. More recently I was surprised getting Stacey Coley or Tracey Howard but we did.

Cuck, please.

You haven't shown a thing to dispute what I have said.

Mullen, Pitt, KSU, etc. Again, what an offer list. That further proves the point that nobody believed he had the juice for a larger offer. What's your point here? You saw something? Great, nobody else did.

-Nobody else did?. The fact that i saw something and im joe schmoe on the message board and a COACH didnt should be alarming. Its kind of what they get paid to do...to notice top prospects in there area. Not wait for UGA,LSU to offer, which is based on what your saying. In fact..they do that alot of times with local kids (sometimes offering after those big schools offer)

Oh, you would've landed on of the AH guys or whatever. Check that ego at the door. You would still be here and the results would've been the same. Not personal, it's business and that's what they showed.

-Brah we are one of the only schools to take a coach from a high school to an on field position and.....not land 1 kid in reference to doing that. Michigan sucked has been sucking signs high school coaches who brings there guys with them (Devin Bush, the coach from the NJ powerhouse). Its basically why he was hired really.

Exceptions to the norm happen. Your dumbass started all of this by acting like there's some long list of 5 and 4 star talent we keep missing on that w should be getting. All we've landed is 4 star guys at the corner. The elites are going elsewhere and all you've got is cuck to come back with. What a lame ***.

- We are smack dab in a school of 4 star fishes...THAT SHOULD BE THE NORM HERE. I'm not giving kudos for landing Al Blades f*cking Jr son of Cane royalty.

You double down on your stupidity with acting like we should be beating out OU for anything. Why in the world should our perennially underachieving asses be beating them for recruits they really want? UGA, please, they get who they want in head to head matchup with us. Want to talk about those two again and what your feeling is? You're getting caught up in them for sure.

-Ive already stated...OU defense is garbage. South Florida kids shouldnt be going to the middle of no where Oklahoma to play football. We could/should routinely beat them out for kids. We didnt want him that much and took Couch, we couldve had both..but we were cool on him because i think we went towards Brownlee and then got beat out by FSU for him.

Been around recruiting 25 years since I got recruited. Tell me how much you know more than me. Better yet, stay in your lane and talk who you think is good and leave it at that. Kids aren't loyal to some has been when a has now comes calling. They aren't loyal to their boys they grew up with, current coaches, or schools in high school but are gonna be loyal the the local school? What? Please, not happening until we start winning again.

Im around Kids everyday...and kids locally. They arent loyal at all especially south florida kids....BUT they are kids, and can be sold a bag of goods. Selling is essentially recruiting, we have a deficiency on the defensive side of the ball with sellers...and that starts from the head man. As lousy as our teams have been...our defense hasnt been...they should be able to capitalize ont hat...but they cant because they arent great or even good recruiters.

Im on the line of winning and we would see some changes...but here is the issue...when we are winning we are going to be going against the same BOOGEYMAN elites that you are so scared of...so whats the change?. You better get with it in that department....because if your afraid to go against the big boys...you better have an EYE for talent AND DEVELOPEMENT..the eye to find the Taiwan Mullen's of the world who you said no one saw anything in lol.

Last edited:
Body bag.

tumblr_lugi5wGgMO1qhl2u3o1_500.gif

Advertisement
Well, he called you a cuck, which was unnecessary, so you responded. I think there’s truth in what both of you are saying. My upvotes aren’t on the insult parts but on the substance of each argument.

The cuck part was essentially the..."what are we to do they are sec, or they are winning?". Im not calling him personally a cuck...we are good. No beef lol. Im just not of that mindset, especially when since ive followed recruiting ive seen the Ole Miss of the worlds clean up at times, and random *** colleges make moves.

We both agree on the same things essentially..that winning would solve some things..well atleast consistent 9+ win seasons. I'm just in the mindset are cb recruiting could be better..we have landed some 4 star kids...ive givven credit for the Christian Williams pull...i liked grabbing Dunson in this class. To me its just always the same thing at the cb spot every cycle though. No clear cut board, missing out on our top targets, doubling back late in the game and shooting for hail mary's. I feel like they make it so hard at that position. I mean we had a kid committed at cb that played rb in a wing t, like i knew that kid personally shouldnt have been a target.

We'll see.. but me and @SayWhat are good, its why i come on the board to hear diff sides and debate. If this was a um camp i would be out there arguing prospects with him same way..lol

Im around Kids everyday...and kids locally. They arent loyal at all especially south florida kids....BUT they are kids, and can be sold a bag of goods. Selling is essentially recruiting, we have a deficiency on the defensive side of the ball with sellers...and that starts from the head man. As lousy as our teams have been...our defense hasnt been...they should be able to capitalize ont hat...but they cant because they arent great or even good recruiters.

Im on the line of winning and we would see some changes...but here is the issue...when we are winning we are going to be going against the same BOOGEYMAN elites that you are so scared of...so whats the change?. You better get with it in that department....because if your afraid to go against the big boys...you better have an EYE for talent AND DEVELOPEMENT..the eye to find the Taiwan Mullen's of the world who you said no one saw anything in lol.

I hear ya. You know what a group of frontrunners kids are these days. Maybe that's never changed as much as it seems, we got our share of them when we were chewing up the college football landscape.

I really believe visibility has changed everything. My time, you would get regional, a big game, and check the papers for the rest. Now you see what everyone is doing with the flick of a channel or webpage.

The world got a **** of a lot smaller. I firmly believe winning tilts those recruits our way. Relationships are important, but winning is where it's at.

Different words between us, but essentially the same mindset. Keep doing your thing with the youngins, need more people that care as you obviously do.

The cuck part was essentially the..."what are we to do they are sec, or they are winning?". Im not calling him personally a cuck...we are good. No beef lol. Im just not of that mindset, especially when since ive followed recruiting ive seen the Ole Miss of the worlds clean up at times, and random *** colleges make moves.

We both agree on the same things essentially..that winning would solve some things..well atleast consistent 9+ win seasons. I'm just in the mindset are cb recruiting could be better..we have landed some 4 star kids...ive givven credit for the Christian Williams pull...i liked grabbing Dunson in this class. To me its just always the same thing at the cb spot every cycle though. No clear cut board, missing out on our top targets, doubling back late in the game and shooting for hail mary's. I feel like they make it so hard at that position. I mean we had a kid committed at cb that played rb in a wing t, like i knew that kid personally shouldnt have been a target.

We'll see.. but me and @SayWhat are good, its why i come on the board to hear diff sides and debate. If this was a um camp i would be out there arguing prospects with him same way..lol
This is why I see truth in both sides.

I agree with him that we haven’t given kids enough reasons on the field to choose us. That’s our biggest problem. Teams with less, win more.

I agree with you that the recruiting at CB, and in my opinion, at LB, hasn’t gone the way it should and I think that issue goes beyond our wins-losses.

Whether it’s the staff alone or how certain positions on that side of the ball are managed from above the position coaches by Manny, I don’t know. When our offense sucked, we still recruited reasonably well or better at the skills positions on offense and there was more clarity with targets.

My biggest position coach issue is Patke. He isn’t an X’s and O’s savant and his recruiting hasn’t been good. Why not get a Devin Bush Sr. level guy in there? That’s the type of refusal to change out of loyalty that has doomed many.

The defense has been the best part of this team for a minute now. They’re constantly on the field. They’ve, help me remember, haven’t had a game where they didn’t work harder, longer and were put in terrible positions by the offense. We’ve been void of a kicking game, quarterback, offensive line, offensive game planning and points for the entirety of this current and the previous coach. Say what you will, but the defense performed admirably last year and the previous coach, under the worst of circumstances. People might not appreciate the recruiting on that side of the ball, but when the lights go on, it’s been the only bright spot. Maybe we could spend more time lamenting the one that’s sucked. 🤔 Forgive give me if I don’t pile onto the position coach’s being terrible at recruiting their positions, when they recruit areas. They are in charge of evaluating the groups and with the approval of the HC and DC/OC can give offers. No position decides who gets the offer or who they get to personally recruit. Maybe that’s why Fields was recruiting the number one LB in the country last year. 🤫
Maybe a blank checkbook would have helped with some of the misses too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The defense has been the best part of this team for a minute now. They’re constantly on the field. They’ve, help me remember, haven’t had a game where they didn’t work harder, longer and were put in terrible positions by the offense. We’ve been void of a kicking game, quarterback, offensive line, offensive game planning and points for the entirety of this current and the previous coach. Say what you will, but the defense performed admirably last year and the previous coach, under the worst of circumstances. People might not appreciate the recruiting on that side of the ball, but when the lights go on, it’s been the only bright spot. Maybe we could spend more time lamenting the one that’s sucked. 🤔 Forgive give me if I don’t pile onto the position coach’s being terrible at recruiting their positions, when they recruit areas. They are in charge of evaluating the groups and with the approval of the HC and DC/OC can give offers. No position decides who gets the offer or who they get to personally recruit. Maybe that’s why Fields was recruiting the number one LB in the country last year. 🤫
Maybe a blank checkbook would have helped with some of the misses too.
Patke is a glaring opportunity for replacement.

Patke is a glaring opportunity for replacement.
He is 100% a Diaz guy and will most likely leave here soon enough to be a DC for a smaller program, before he becomes a head coach. He’s cut his teeth with Diaz and has been rewarded. He’s a good coach and was an integral part of the defensive turnaround when Manny came here. I can’t say there aren’t better/more qualified coaches available. I can’t say he was an elite athlete in his life. He’s a very good recruiter. All of the defensive coaches have a role and are AGAIN underrated not based on performance, but recruiting expectations. I have glaring issues, as mentioned above, but LB development isn’t one of them.

You have to be smart about it and try to gain some insight into their motives. If they're just saving a spot then actively playing the bag game then pass. But pick you spots. Nobody thought we'd get DJ Williams or Lester Williams but we did. More recently I was surprised getting Stacey Coley or Tracey Howard but we did.

Well of course you chase the kids who are worth it. I was simply speaking towards the comment that appeared as if we made some kind of terrible error by not taking a kids commitment. First of all, I’ve never once heard that with this kid. Second of all, we have a list of NFL players who we have taken commits from and broke off for the SEC. Just didn’t see the point there.

In the end, you chase the big time kids and work your backside off. Sometimes it pays off. Avante Williams in my opinion is an Alpha recruit Manny won that people including myself thought we had zero shot at. So I agree with the point made. Just wasent following the other point

He is 100% a Diaz guy and will most likely leave here soon enough to be a DC for a smaller program, before he becomes a head coach. He’s cut his teeth with Diaz and has been rewarded. He’s a good coach and was an integral part of the defensive turnaround when Manny came here. I can’t say there aren’t better/more qualified coaches available. I can’t say he was an elite athlete in his life. He’s a very good recruiter. All of the defensive coaches have a role and are AGAIN underrated not based on performance, but recruiting expectations. I have glaring issues, as mentioned above, but LB development isn’t one of them.
Patke isn’t a very good recruiter lol

Advertisement
LMFAO

Patke isn’t a very good recruiter lol
He didn’t just go with “good”... he doubled down with “very”. Patke is neither a very good nor good recruiter and he brings nothing special to coaching and development.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back