5-Star QB Justin Fields announcing his decision tomorrow

It matters because to be a national program you have to be able to take the best (high 4* and 5*) out of CHAMPIONSHIP teams backyard while keeping championship teams out of your own backyard and still holding on to your best. Alabama does it. OSU does it. Georgia is doing it. And Georgia is a backyard UM must have access to; especially when Smart’s jumping fences all through South Florida.

It matters because Richt was in Georgia for 15 years at the flagship and hasn’t been able to pull any of the TOP talent out of the state. He couldn’t even hold on to the athletes he recruited before he was fired. (At least 50% of the UGA fan base was glad to see him go...)

It matters because Richt is supposed to be a QB coach yet UGA gets three 5* in a row and Richt can’t get them or any others on campus. Smart’s not a QB coach.

It matters because “bags” tend to be less influential on QBs anyway.

It doesn’t matter if we just win because the “State of Miami” will extend to the Florida/Georgia line.

Miami’s undefeated season continues Saturday!

So many things wrong with your ASSessment, but I will start with this. Eason committed to Richt.
So many things wrong with your ASSumption, but I won’t blame it on your reading comprehension, that would be condescending. If it’s your eyesight this post may help.

Wow, U used really big *** font, U must be right.

Advertisement
It matters because to be a national program you have to be able to take the best (high 4* and 5*) out of CHAMPIONSHIP teams backyard while keeping championship teams out of your own backyard and still holding on to your best. Alabama does it. OSU does it. Georgia is doing it. And Georgia is a backyard UM must have access to; especially when Smart’s jumping fences all through South Florida.

It matters because Richt was in Georgia for 15 years at the flagship and hasn’t been able to pull any of the TOP talent out of the state. He couldn’t even hold on to the athletes he recruited before he was fired. (At least 50% of the UGA fan base was glad to see him go...)

It matters because Richt is supposed to be a QB coach yet UGA gets three 5* in a row and Richt can’t get them or any others on campus. Smart’s not a QB coach.

It doesn’t matter if we just win because the “State of Miami” will extend to the Florida/Georgia line.

And then there's this, his last recruiting class had 5 of the top 100 players in the country. And all 5 were from GA, Terry Godwin, Roquan Smith, Jonathan Ledbetter, Natrez Patrick and oh BTW Trent Thompson who was the #1 player in the country.
Please show me where any of the above names are on the Miami roster? You can’t. They play for Georgia. This is a classic example of someone who posts to be...whatever you’re trying to be. Pull out...shouldn’t only mean a parental missed opportunity; it means that he hasn’t been able to pull out = land = matriculate Georgia football players with high 4* or 5* grades at Miami.

Really?

No sh*t dumbazz! Maybe if U could type worth a dam, your post wouldn't read like your talking about Richt's tenure at uGA. Here's a tip, type once, read twice and then hit cancel.

Does this make it more likely that Eason transfers? Does he consider here?

Eason to the U would be a thing of beauty for QB depth, but seems very unlikely. He'll probably transfer back to the West Coast where he's from. I'd bet on Washington or Washington State.

Crazy that 50% of 4/5 Star QB recruits transfer from their original school...

And then there's this, his last recruiting class had 5 of the top 100 players in the country. And all 5 were from GA, Terry Godwin, Roquan Smith, Jonathan Ledbetter, Natrez Patrick and oh BTW Trent Thompson who was the #1 player in the country.
Please show me where any of the above names are on the Miami roster? You can’t. They play for Georgia. This is a classic example of someone who posts to be...whatever you’re trying to be. Pull out...shouldn’t only mean a parental missed opportunity; it means that he hasn’t been able to pull out = land = matriculate Georgia football players with high 4* or 5* grades at Miami.

Really?

No sh*t dumbazz! Maybe if U could type worth a dam, your post wouldn't read like your talking about Richt's tenure at uGA. Here's a tip, type once, read twice and then hit cancel.
The excuses...are not as rich as the irony. LOL. I’m doing you a favor my pearl-clutching friend and adding you to my “ignore user” list.

You have nothing to add.

Advertisement
Great news! If he wasn't coming here, I sure didn't want him anywhere in the state or Conference.

Huh? Just look and do the research and you'll see the comment is factually incorrect. I looked it up. From 2010-2015, he routinely got 3 out of the top 5 prospects in state every year. And, most of the time, they were 5 stars. So, don't know what you're talking about unless you expected him to get all of the top 5 (not even LSU gets more than 3 out of the state's top 5).

I thought Eason was not given a release to transfer here. Maybe now with Fields things will change. I thought he and his family had a good relationship with Richt. If I'm not mistaken I think Brooklyndee said that about Eason not allowed to to transfer here. Apologies to him if I'm mistaken.
If we have real good season I doubt many schools will green light kids to transfer here.

Thats how u win and thats always a sign to me who can turn it around and who cant. U know pretty early

So you don’t think Miami can win?

If we consistantly pull in top 3 type classes yes thats how u win with a storm 18 type back to back to back u need three of those and if u get one it wont matter

When saban got to bama he did it when jimbo got to fsu he did it as well. U jave to play the bag game and im sure we r too but fans want to think we r aome holy school. U have to play the game if u want to win period

You didn't go to Miami. If you did and actually interacted with the players you'd realize how ridiculous your accusation is.

Why do you even post here? You love talking **** about Miami and even now and just wish bad things happen to us. It's just pathetic

I don't see how D was knocking the school. He basically stated that some players (specifically the higher rated recruits) likely received some type of benefits. If you don't think that happens regularly, then you're naive. Doesn't make them a bad person, it's just stating facts.

Really??? I wish bad things to happen to the team i root for? That doesnt even make sense cmon

Advertisement

Huh? Just look and do the research and you'll see the comment is factually incorrect. I looked it up. From 2010-2015, he routinely got 3 out of the top 5 prospects in state every year. And, most of the time, they were 5 stars. So, don't know what you're talking about unless you expected him to get all of the top 5 (not even LSU gets more than 3 out of the state's top 5).
I never criticized Richt’s recruiting of the state of Georgia - while he was the coach at UGA. Maybe if you had highlighted the accompanying sentence it would become more clear. Now if I had used hadn’t...

That said, I’ll err on the side of civility and adjust the passage

“It matters because [though] Richt was in Georgia for 15 years at the flagship [, he] hasn’t been able to [leverage any of his contacts to] pull any of the [high 4*/5*] talent out of the state [and to Coral Gables since being named HC of Miami].[/B] He couldn’t even hold on to the athletes [of the UGA 2016 class] he recruited before he was fired.”

I never criticized Richt’s recruiting of the state of Georgia - while he was the coach at UGA. Maybe if you had highlighted the accompanying sentence it would become more clear. Now if I had used hadn’t...

That said, I’ll err on the side of civility and adjust the passage

“It matters because [though] Richt was in Georgia for 15 years at the flagship [, he] hasn’t been able to [leverage any of his contacts to] pull any of the [high 4*/5*] talent out of the state [and to Coral Gables since being named HC of Miami].[/B] He couldn’t even hold on to the athletes [of the UGA 2016 class] he recruited before he was fired.”

Can you go ahead and clarify for the audience watching you re write your point, what is the basis for this comment? Is there some track record of FIRED coaches, not ones that took a new job on their own accord, taking the committed recruits from their school with them that he is failing to live up to?

This QB just made A LOT of money!!!

I worked at a fund in Atlanta for 4 years. The Co-CEO of the fund was a 'Dawg' fanatic. He was part of their foundation and an active contributor to the 'recruiting fund'. They pay a TON for players. Sony Michele received north of $200,000. The CEO always complained that Richt made their life difficult and they had to hide payments from him. Georgia is as dirty as 'Bama. The Head Tax Attorney of the fund and her husband went to EVERY Dawg game and had done so for 25+ years. She was a contributor as well, and continually chided the CEO "to keep his mouth shut". The payments are untraceable so who cares.

Should have reported them to the IRS. Actually that is not a bad idea............. These families are receiving hundreds of thousands in undocumented income and not paying any taxes.......... Crazy!

I know/heard Sony got paid but I did not hear $200k - I think it was much lower than that.

Advertisement
This QB just made A LOT of money!!!

I worked at a fund in Atlanta for 4 years. The Co-CEO of the fund was a 'Dawg' fanatic. He was part of their foundation and an active contributor to the 'recruiting fund'. They pay a TON for players. Sony Michele received north of $200,000. The CEO always complained that Richt made their life difficult and they had to hide payments from him. Georgia is as dirty as 'Bama. The Head Tax Attorney of the fund and her husband went to EVERY Dawg game and had done so for 25+ years. She was a contributor as well, and continually chided the CEO "to keep his mouth shut". The payments are untraceable so who cares.

Should have reported them to the IRS. Actually that is not a bad idea............. These families are receiving hundreds of thousands in undocumented income and not paying any taxes.......... Crazy!

wouldn't be surprised, Georgia has an Ole Miss feel to it right now

Sony was the most they had ever paid at that point. He chided me about it for months. Richt told the boosters he was the 2nd coming and he threatened MIami until the bitter end. As a Hurricane fan, that was a tough pill to swallow. Miserable place to work. They all wore Dawg's football jerseys every Friday year round.

I lasted three years and walked out. They gave me a "guaranteed contract" and never paid the bonuses in the end. They probably went to Sony in the end. The payment to Sony hurt them because he did not produce enough and then the other Dade guys started asking for exorbitant amounts. From what I understand, most players received $25,000 and some $50,000.

By "threatened Miami" I meant that Sony used the Hurricanes as a bargaining chip. Richt did NOT know about anything. They had to be real covert.

Advertisement
LSU has a recruit “pool” of around 1 1/2 to 2 million every year.....I’m sure Bama and Other $EC schools are about the same.

People laugh when you try and tell them how much money is floating around out there and being paid to players

Their biggest fear is the IRS. All the money distributed is "post taxes", but in totality it could draw sizable attention like the Adidas scandal did.

Their biggest fear is the IRS. All the money distributed is "post taxes", but in totality it could draw sizable attention like the Adidas scandal did.

I would think IRS could make a case against the donor for failure to file 1099's on that money. It is certainly income to those receiving it. If not then a Gift Tax return should be filed by donor. Either way, the only way you stop this crap is to put the people giving the money in prison. Jail is true test of being a fan. Most will fail that one. Kids and parents are going to take the cash; no stopping that.

Advertisement
Back