5 Star Athlete/Safety James Williams Commits to Miami

Advertisement
Multiple positions
AA4F42ED-9090-43E4-8659-72BDC4CB9837.gif

So what position do you guys think Williams will Play? Striker? S? Edge? LB?

I want Safety to be his official position but with packages for him at the Striker position as well. The staff needs to continue to evolve the striker position so they can take full advantage of this kind of talent.

Advertisement
He's Hamsah Nasirildeen 2.0

The main concern with JW is his lack of tenacity, you don't see him lighting fools up out there on the field, a kid his size should be knocking RB's & WR's heads off, he's gonna have to snap out of thinking he can play cherry picker ball on the backend & start coming up in traffic & detaching the ball from RB/WR/TE.

He's a very gifted player with fluid running ability & great ball skills, but he's not a pure Safety, he's a Hybrid LB (Striker) that can cover down the field. It's the same thing that happened with Ray Ray Armstrong, big Safety that didn't wanna play LB until he hit the league & got moved to LB lol.

JW has tremendous upside & can be a day 1 draft pick, he just has to want to do it.

Advertisement

The main concern with JW is his lack of tenacity, you don't see him lighting fools up out there on the field, a kid his size should be knocking RB's & WR's heads off, he's gonna have to snap out of thinking he can play cherry picker ball on the backend & start coming up in traffic & detaching the ball from RB/WR/TE.

He's a very gifted player with fluid running ability & great ball skills, but he's not a pure Safety, he's a Hybrid LB (Striker) that can cover down the field. It's the same thing that happened with Ray Ray Armstrong, big Safety that didn't wanna play LB until he hit the league & got moved to LB lol.

JW has tremendous upside & can be a day 1 draft pick, he just has to want to do it.
This is why I like having Reed on staff. For the burgeoning superstar, I think he can light a fire and teach them to be self starters m.

Ya don’t say??

EFA148D5-A623-4BF8-8FEE-9D7277004C80.jpeg

Advertisement

The main concern with JW is his lack of tenacity, you don't see him lighting fools up out there on the field, a kid his size should be knocking RB's & WR's heads off, he's gonna have to snap out of thinking he can play cherry picker ball on the backend & start coming up in traffic & detaching the ball from RB/WR/TE
Biggest takeaway from watching his film. Y’all probably have seen him in full games, but shocking that a kid of that size wasn’t laying the wood over the entire tape. Looking forward to seeing him challenged on the next level. He has a whole different level that he can take his game to with the proper coaching, development, and his own commitment/will to get better. You can tell how smart of a player he is on film. He's easily baiting QBs, flashing late to make plays on the ball, etc.

I actually thought he looked quite physical on his Fr and So tape. Not as much in his Jr tape. Hudl highlights

Advertisement
Biggest takeaway from watching his film. Y’all probably have seen him in full games, but shocking that a kid of that size wasn’t laying the wood over the entire tape. Looking forward to seeing him challenged on the next level. He has a whole different level that he can take his game to with the proper coaching, development, and his own commitment/will to get better. You can tell how smart of a player he is on film. He's easily baiting QBs, flashing late to make plays on the ball, etc.
Honestly he's so big on his tape I found myself hoping he wouldn't hit guys too hard. That sounds nuts, but James Williams unloading on a kid is exponentially different than Amari Carter doing it. Williams could deliver a literal kill shot to a 5'8" 140 WR, and if I was his size it would factor into how I played. He could routinely put kids in the hospital.

I know that sounds crazy and maybe even an excuse, but I would expect to see more of a dog out of him once he isn't the tallest, strongest guy many times over.

Advertisement
Back