5 Star Athlete/Safety James Williams Commits to Miami

Advertisement
Ok, real question. Where does Williams play? The dude can lineup at pretty much any spot besides DT. My first instinct is to put him near the LOS. A rangy guy with his size would kill it as a LB or Striker. Then I see the highlights of him playing center field and I’m thinking he’s gotta play safety. Diaz needs to invent a new position that’s DE/LB/S
Apologies for bringing up a Gaytor, but I can see him having a Jevon Kearse type development. I watched Jevon single handedly ruin my H.S. (Cape Coral's) State run in 93 by making plays no HS safety should make at North Ft. Myers. He may grow in to a rangy LB in College and end up cashing checks as a DE or rush LB on Sundays in 3 or 4 years (depending on COVID) That said, I hope he finds a way to stay at safety to revolutionize the position giving UM 3 of the best 5 Safeties to ever live.

Anyone else feel this is the type of pull that could really start to swing local recruiting in our favor making things right in the world (assuming we win, of course)? We'll always lose some but we have to start landing the James Williams from down here every year.
In my humble opinionk, now it is on Manny to win this year. 9 wins and the momentum will cause an avalanche even Coker coundn't mess up. 8 wins and he will have to keep his used car salesman shoes on anohter year. 7 or less and we will have let a once in 30 year oppertunity go completely to waste.

Advertisement
CIS will implode from excitement come the end of August if Marshall commits alongside Taylor and Smith. Including Vandagriff, I don't know if this place can handle that amount of good news

Apologies for bringing up a Gaytor, but I can see him having a Jevon Kearse type development. I watched Jevon single handedly ruin my H.S. (Cape Coral's) State run in 93 by making plays no HS safety should make at North Ft. Myers. He may grow in to a rangy LB in College and end up cashing checks as a DE or rush LB on Sundays in 3 or 4 years (depending on COVID) That said, I hope he finds a way to stay at safety to revolutionize the position giving UM 3 of the best 5 Safeties to ever live.

This is where Manny can get in his bag. I remember (maybe ND game?) Manny the mad scientist putting Amari Carter at NG creating pressure and getting a sack. The **** he tried to do with GR15 where he has him drop in coverage, he can actually do now. Any big TE that would typically create a mismatch, now has to go step for step with this monster. Just get that man on the field.

Advertisement
Ok, real question. Where does Williams play? The dude can lineup at pretty much any spot besides DT. My first instinct is to put him near the LOS. A rangy guy with his size would kill it as a LB or Striker. Then I see the highlights of him playing center field and I’m thinking he’s gotta play safety. Diaz needs to invent a new position that’s DE/LB/S

In an ideal world, he can transition to the Striker spot and basically be a floating matchup problem, but he plays a lot of single high safety (something we do a lot) and does that really well. He can play physical football, but I don't know if you want him near the line snap after snap.

I know some people been saying Isaiah Simmons, and thats cool and all. I can see it because the body types are similar at this point. Someone said Derwin James a long while back and that is where I've been at on him for a while. I think he can be that guy. I feel if you just slot him in as a single high safety, he's Pat Watkins and thats getting 75 cents on the dollar from James Williams' talent.

Advertisement
In an ideal world, he can transition to the Striker spot and basically be a floating matchup problem, but he plays a lot of single high safety (something we do a lot) and does that really well. He can play physical football, but I don't know if you want him near the line snap after snap.

I know some people been saying Isaiah Simmons, and thats cool and all. I can see it because the body types are similar at this point. Someone said Derwin James a long while back and that is where I've been at on him for a while. I think he can be that guy. I feel if you just slot him in as a single high safety, he's Pat Watkins and thats getting 75 cents on the dollar from James Williams' talent.
Exactly, I almost feel like playing him at a traditional safety spot isn't going to maximize his talents.

Advertisement
Sorry, let me be clear. It’s on staff to get him in. He wants in.

Idk if anyone brought it up but it seemed like every south fl kid who left for Georgia always named dropped Wilson. Like he was always in everybody's ear. I wonder if him hitting the portal made a difference to Williams & if him not being there anymore is gonna hurt Georgia.

Advertisement
Back