5 Star Athlete/Safety James Williams Commits to Miami

Advertisement
I threw awards away as credentials at 13 years old when I watched Roy Williams win the Thorpe over Ed Reed and then two years later seen some dude whose name I don’t even recall win the Thorpe over Sean Taylor in ‘03. Credentials to a point are sports politics.

that was Derrick Strait in 2003. And yeah, those two examples are worse robberies than Pernell Whitaker having to settle for a draw vs Julio Cesar Chavez. But I think the Thorpe Award is based in the state of Oklahoma, soooo...... y'know

its a bad comp because Taylor Mays was stiff as a broke leg stripper. He had a strong physique...James though weight wise is big..is a lanky long armed guy.
If Mays was the last safety that size to dominate i dont think u been watching must ball...there has been big guys since int he back 7. Va Tech routinely has one, FSU has a guy currently that is a good comp for JW. I dont like the Taylor Mays comp..he was a good player in college though.
I think Notre Dame has a pretty good safety that started as a freshman last year who is 6'4"/6'5"

If the internet was around during ST’s days I can only imagine how many people would’ve killed Butch for putting him at safety. Anyone that says that everybody wanted him at safety at the next level is not being sincere. Plenty of people wanted him at tight end or running back.
I think held a rushing record or two for a long time.
ST was a Frosh a yr after Butch left....Sean was the one who wanted to play Safety...

If the internet was around during ST’s days I can only imagine how many people would’ve killed Butch for putting him at safety. Anyone that says that everybody wanted him at safety at the next level is not being sincere. Plenty of people wanted him at tight end or running back.
I think held a rushing record or two for a long time.
Yep. Most people thought Sean would play LB just because he was big. There is no rule that a big player can’t play S if he has the skill set for it.

Williams reminds me of Pat Watkins from FSU and Dallas, who we **** near landed out of Lincoln. He was a big, tall dude but his game was always more coverage than it was physical. Worked out well for him. James Williams will play safety.

Advertisement
They have him listed at 6’4 218 right now and
JW still looks faster and quicker looks more athletic.

This is an accurate, up to date comp. Hamilton plays like I’d expect JW to play. JW just has a bigger frame. Hopefully JW will become a tougher player when he gets to the U.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back