5 Star Athlete/Safety James Williams Commits to Miami

Just b/c Taylor Mays had “poor comp” don’t mean he didn’t dominate both at the high school & collegiate level.
He meant poor comparison... Taylor Mays had brick for hands and was a liability in coverage. Insanely athletic with freak size, but was not a safety by any means. LOL @ dominating high school bc he was 6'4 230 and claimed to run a 4.2 40. James is much natural at safety with much better hips. I am also positive that 4 career ints at USC is not dominating college.

Advertisement
He meant poor comparison... Taylor Mays had brick for hands and was a liability in coverage. Insanely athletic with freak size, but was not a safety by any means. LOL @ dominating high school bc he was 6'4 230 and claimed to run a 4.2 40. James is much natural at safety with much better hips. I am also positive that 4 career ints at USC is not dominating college.

Bro; Taylor Mays was a 3x FIRST Team All American in college. LMAO. What r ya’ll talking about! Lol

Bro; Taylor Mays was a 3x FIRST Team All American in college. LMAO. What r ya’ll talking about! Lol
Thats suppose to mean something to me? There is players who outperform others just to be slighted over bias.... Nick O'Leary won the Mackey over Walford with worse statistics for one of many examples.

Thats suppose to mean something to me? There is players who outperform others just to be slighted over bias.... Nick O'Leary won the Mackey over Walford with worse statistics for one of many examples.

It means Mays was **** good for 3 straight yrs in college. Lol. We ain’t talking about winning a single award, we talking from the time of a freshman to his Jr yr, he was a 1st All American.

Fact is JDub may have an even better career than Mays at Miami, but if James have anything remotely close to Mays’ COLLEGE career, we should feel great. It’s not a bad comparison at all, and I stand by that. I’m not saying Mays is better or anything; I said his game reminds me of him based on how dominant he is at his size. The last big S I seen that dominant at this stage was Mays.

It means Mays was **** good for 3 straight yrs in college. Lol. We ain’t talking about winning a single award, we talking from the time of a freshman to his Jr yr, he was a 1st All American.

Fact is JDub may have an even better career than Mays at Miami, but if James have anything remotely close to Mays’ COLLEGE career, we should feel great. It’s not a bad comparison at all, and I stand by that. I’m not saying Mays is better or anything; I said his game reminds me of him based on how dominant he is at his size. The last big S I seen that dominant at this stage was Mays.
Mays made tackles.... that's it. Their game is not even remotely similar which makes it a bad comparison. How about Willis being statistically greater than Christian Wilkins in every category, but Wilkins gets first team all American and Willis does not? Again, it means nothing to me that he was a "1st team all american." If he was a 1st team all American SAFETY then he wouldn't have been immediately moved to linebacker once he was drafted.

Advertisement
Mays made tackles.... that's it. Their game is not even remotely similar which makes it a bad comparison. How about Willis being statistically greater than Christian Wilkins in every category, but Wilkins gets first team all American and Willis does not? Again, it means nothing to me that he was a "1st team all american." If he was a 1st team all American SAFETY then he wouldn't have been immediately moved to linebacker once he was drafted.

I suggest u go see Mays High School stats; but we’re all entitled to our opinions. Fact is, JDub might eventually be moved to LB too. Mays literally outgrew his S position, plus, he was too stiff at the next level.

Regardless; who Williams remind you of?

I suggest u go see Mays High School stats; but we’re all entitled to our opinions. Fact is, JDub might eventually be moved to LB too. Mays literally outgrew his S position, plus, he was too stiff at the next level.

Regardless; who Williams remind you of?
He reminds me of James Williams, I'm not completely sure his athletic measurables so I don't compare him to many. I believe when its all said and done then he will be his own comparison. His size, athletic ability, and game is just different from everyone's. How good he turns out remains to be seen, but obviously he has a lot of potential.

Advertisement
I threw awards away as credentials at 13 years old when I watched Roy Williams win the Thorpe over Ed Reed and then two years later seen some dude whose name I don’t even recall win the Thorpe over Sean Taylor in ‘03. Credentials to a point are sports politics.
I'll say it again. Carlos Rogers beat out ST with 9 picks for the Thorpe. I'll never forget his name because of that shaft job. CARLOS ******* ROGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the only similarity James has to Mays is that they are both taller than 6'3 and have frames to carry 230lbs.

However, with that said, Mays was a thumper who hit hard. James is not.

James is a centerfielder with great ball skills. Mays is not.

They are very different safeties in terms of play style. Just similar in the sense they are both considered huge safeties.

its a bad comp because Taylor Mays was stiff as a broke leg stripper. He had a strong physique...James though weight wise is big..is a lanky long armed guy.
If Mays was the last safety that size to dominate i dont think u been watching must ball...there has been big guys since int he back 7. Va Tech routinely has one, FSU has a guy currently that is a good comp for JW. I dont like the Taylor Mays comp..he was a good player in college though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If the internet was around during ST’s days I can only imagine how many people would’ve killed Butch for putting him at safety. Anyone that says that everybody wanted him at safety at the next level is not being sincere. Plenty of people wanted him at tight end or running back.
I think held a rushing record or two for a long time.

its a bad comp because Taylor Mays was stiff as a broke leg stripper. He had a strong physique...James though weight wise is big..is a lanky long armed guy.
If Mays was the last safety that size to dominate i dont think u been watching must ball...there has been big guys since int he back 7. Va Tech routinely has one, FSU has a guy currently that is a good comp for JW. I dont like the Taylor Mays comp..he was a good player in college though.

Rolling at the comment “stiff as a broke leg stripper.” Lol. **** that’s stiff! Lol.

VagTech didn’t have had some big Safeties; I just don’t quite remember them being as a big as Taylor Mays. But I was more less talking about someone that just dominated at his size at the high school level; who u knew was just bigger & better than the other team. I absolutely don’t think Mays is as athletic as Williams.

Rolling at the comment “stiff as a broke leg stripper.” Lol. **** that’s stiff! Lol.

VagTech didn’t have had some big Safeties; I just don’t quite remember them being as a big as Taylor Mays. But I was more less talking about someone that just dominated at his size at the high school level; who u knew was just bigger & better than the other team. I absolutely don’t think Mays is as athletic as Williams.
Va Tech recently had Terell Edmunds recently who was like 6'1 220, Kam Chancellor, Aaron Rouse. 6'4 225 Their drunk defensive coordinater loved playing a "Rover" or "Striker" as we call it.

Va Tech recently had Terell Edmunds recently who was like 6'1 220, Kam Chancellor, Aaron Rouse. 6'4 225 Their drunk defensive coordinater loved playing a "Rover" or "Striker" as we call it.

My fault; my autocorrect f’d up. I meant to say Va Tech “did” have some big safeties.

Advertisement
Back