3-star CB Brownlee breaks down his UM commitment, what the future holds

Other schools are fighting to keep 4 and 5 stars committed and we fighting to keep a 694th ranked player committed.

It’s like the nightmare is starting to end, but the dream ain’t getting no better. We have to stop being a contingency plan and we gotta stop accepting place hold commitments, ESPECIALLY from lower ranked kids.

We need more blue chippers, not projects. It’s like this staff has become snake bitten; but no lie; this is y we questioned Richt’s staff. Too many green recruiters w very little on their resume.

Advertisement
Other schools are fighting to keep 4 and 5 stars committed and we fighting to keep a 694th ranked player committed.

It’s like the nightmare is starting to end, but the dream ain’t getting no better. We have to stop being a contingency plan and we gotta stop accepting place hold commitments, ESPECIALLY from lower ranked kids.

We need more blue chippers, not projects. It’s like this staff has become snake bitten; but no lie; this is y we questioned Richt’s staff. Too many green recruiters w very little on their resume.
I said this a few days back but people tried to come at me crazy for questioning some(not Munoz) of these takes lately

And another thing; I’m tired of the narrative that’s been parroted by these street agents and so called mentors of Miami slow playing locals. Not only do we get slowed play the local kids, but these huge SEC schools slow play kids all the time, yet they still begging.

Don’t know why it’s such a double standard. Like it’s so weird seeing this. Maybe b/c I’m so engrossed in Canes football that I don’t notice other programs going through this, but being in So Cal, I know USC don’t go through this. Rarely do they get a commit, and that commit de-commits, no matter how chitty the coaching staff is. USC can slow play a kid, like my boy’s relative who was thinking of coming to us, but as soon as they said ‘we’ll take you’ at the last minute, my g changed his mind real quick to come to USC, w/ limited playing time available.

I just don’t get why we continuously get the short end of the stick by local kids, no matter their rankings.

Last edited:
Got to know who your interviewing. Munoz ...committed on the spot. No need to ask him that. Good isnt from S.fla and were his biggest offer. Brownlee is a kid from Carol City and plays on the S.FLA Express a team full of kids recruited by all the best schools in the nation....its a circle jerk to say who offered who and who is visiting where with those kids. That's why his answered differed from the other two. Your question pushed him towards the answer. Not really a fluff piece..but next time...just ask When he states that he will still do visits...just ask to which schools. That way down the road you can do a follow up interview with him during the season..and maybe bring that question back up (What schools are coming on hard?, who can maybe change your mind?). You essentially KILLED his commitment interview.

It’s a fair question. Stefan’s trying to be a journalist, not make things easier for fans to hear.

I said this a few days back but people tried to come at me crazy for questioning some(not Munoz) of these takes lately

I think it's a stretch to say the staff has become snake bitten... we had a loaded recruiting class full of elite talent last year. This year, it's too early to tell what their strategy is but we have some quality in this class already.

Advertisement
Got to know who your interviewing. Munoz ...committed on the spot. No need to ask him that. Good isnt from S.fla and were his biggest offer. Brownlee is a kid from Carol City and plays on the S.FLA Express a team full of kids recruited by all the best schools in the nation....its a circle jerk to say who offered who and who is visiting where with those kids. That's why his answered differed from the other two. Your question pushed him towards the answer. Not really a fluff piece..but next time...just ask When he states that he will still do visits...just ask to which schools. That way down the road you can do a follow up interview with him during the season..and maybe bring that question back up (What schools are coming on hard?, who can maybe change your mind?). You essentially KILLED his commitment interview.

I dont get what ur talking about???. the kid has a brain of his own and was asked a simple question, just say i'm a Cane the end, or i'm committed but i still may take some visits and no one would care. He didn't say that though he basically was drooling over a Clemson and FSU offer... all this deep **** u talking about aint saying ****.

I dont get what ur talking about???. the kid has a brain of his own and was asked a simple question, just say i'm a Cane the end, or i'm committed but i still may take some visits and no ne would care. He didn't say that though he basically was drooling over a Clemson and FSU offer... all this deep **** u talking about aint saying ****.

Go read the article again. He said the bolded that you stated. Adams followed up with what schools would make you think twice question. I liked everything about the interview...except that question. Thats a question Adams should ask guys were recruiting that were trying to flip. Those are the questions FSU, UF reporters ask our kids. Nevermind it was a great question to ask... take it back.

Advertisement
The kids get into a **** measuring contest with offers. One offer, even if its the best, is never enough.

Most on here dont understand the South Florida kid..AT ALL. Dude just spit out the two biggest schools that he seen us play..thats pretty much it. He's on the Express team where those kids are just loaded with offers...its a straight up ****ing match. We have literally offered everyone on that team..hes one of the last ones to get a um offer.

Sooo, the thing that "made" his commit was Miami's education, but his two "dream" schools are Clemson and FSU? Those schools are notorious for being places where the short bus kids go................If I were the Miami coaches, I would publicly dump this idiot.

Advertisement
I am just over the bull spit. I do not want to pay to root for anyone who thinks [and says] they settled for my school. Especially a marginal guy who professes his love for Clemson and FSU which turn our graduates who can neither read nor write..............

I want more of this: “I was born and raised in Miami,” Munoz said. “I grew up a fan and always wished to come here.”

I dont like the idea of dropping him just to drop him. However, I am all for dropping him if we can replace him with someone better who isnt begging for other offers. That comment he made really rubbed me the wrong way so I wouldnt feel bad about replacing him at all.

Advertisement
I'm with you, man. Obviously, you can't drop him, but I can't understand, or root for, a kid who says Clemson is his dream school. This kid is living proof of the age old aphorism: "You either stand for something, or you'll fall for anything."

I just can't believe south florida kids would really fall for that aww shucks crap they're selling up there (which is a complete and utter load of BS when you look juuuust past the filter that ESPN puts on them). Or maybe these kids are just too young and naive to realize what a flash in the pan Clemson still is at this point in the grand scheme of college football? Or maybe they just know what the salary cap is up there and that's what they're in to? I just can't figure it out. That place is about as diverse and interesting as the Sahara Desert when compared to Coral Gables and the 305.

The better plan of action is to get staff members that can recruit at the level we expect so we aren't taking slightly nicer rocks in the rough in may and June any more.

Advertisement
Back