3-star CB Brownlee breaks down his UM commitment, what the future holds

Just for people who criticize the school when slow playing a local kid or cool off on a commit and look somewhere else.................here is your answer.

Social media and national tv has turned being the hometown school in SoFlo into a hassle. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t

Advertisement
Lol **** so many 3*

Idk wtf is going on rn but Imma give the staff the benefit of doubt on this one....

As one of everyone’s favorite former head coaches said .... If you’re still looking we’re still looking.

In addition to his Clemson / FSU comment I found his comment about commiting now because.... I felt like I had no choice ... to be odd.

Exactly. Look at what happened to Camron Kelly and Penn State. The kid wanted to keep visiting other school so they dropped him and now he is stuck commiting to Va Tech last minute.

Was happy about his commit, until I read that Clemson/ FSU comment. Not happy!!! SMH

Advertisement
Got to know who your interviewing. Munoz ...committed on the spot. No need to ask him that. Good isnt from S.fla and were his biggest offer. Brownlee is a kid from Carol City and plays on the S.FLA Express a team full of kids recruited by all the best schools in the nation....its a circle jerk to say who offered who and who is visiting where with those kids. That's why his answered differed from the other two. Your question pushed him towards the answer. Not really a fluff piece..but next time...just ask When he states that he will still do visits...just ask to which schools. That way down the road you can do a follow up interview with him during the season..and maybe bring that question back up (What schools are coming on hard?, who can maybe change your mind?). You essentially KILLED his commitment interview.

Stop *****ing.

Lol **** so many 3*

Idk wtf is going on rn but Imma give the staff the benefit of doubt on this one....
BCF76B5E-F782-4192-9DF5-E5AFD5B48448.jpeg

It’s definitely an issue, look at these other schools averages per commit compared to ours. We have the lowest in the top 13 classes. And are only top 5 due to numbers

Last edited:
Jesus, what a bunch of sissies around here who would rather stick their head in the sand than hear the truth. You think this is news to the coaches? Its recruiting and you keep after grinding until the end.

Keep the honesty coming with what recruits say and think.

Advertisement
You guys are fooling yourselves to expect a kid in JUNE to shut his recruitment down and not want to take any visits anywhere. All the kid said was if FSU and/or Clemson offered he would be intrigued and probably visit.

Guess what? If Chris Steele, Akeem Dent and Elijah Blades all of a sudden wanted to commit today you think we don't push Brownlee out the door?? Its always a fluid situation from both sides.

I am glad the staff got on him early so push comes to shove hopefully he stays loyal when/if other big dawgs start recruiting him. If not, I am truly impressed with our early evaluations and have zero worry that we will find the next CB recruit flying under the radar.

Try to do that to Saban (even in June)

Recruit X you just committed to Bama, which are the offers that could change your mind?

X: Well, my dream school is Auburn and also Ohio state. Those would definitely change my mind

After 2 years
BREAKING: former blue chip recruit to work at McDonald’s.

You guys are fooling yourselves to expect a kid in JUNE to shut his recruitment down and not want to take any visits anywhere. All the kid said was if FSU and/or Clemson offered he would be intrigued and probably visit.

Guess what? If Chris Steele, Akeem Dent and Elijah Blades all of a sudden wanted to commit today you think we don't push Brownlee out the door?? Its always a fluid situation from both sides.

I am glad the staff got on him early so push comes to shove hopefully he stays loyal when/if other big dawgs start recruiting him. If not, I am truly impressed with our early evaluations and have zero worry that we will find the next CB recruit flying under the radar.

I might agree with you, but he just said that he won’t be loyal when others offers will come. During the interview of his commitment to Miami. SMH.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here's my take on that comment - If we really do want this kid and Clemson/FSU come in later with an offer we can play the "we got you first before they even wanted you" card. If he's still dancing with the devil after that he can pound sand. I really like the kid and I think he's a take, but this is the kind of SoFla DB that virtually grows on trees down here. We'll be fine either way, IMO.

Here's my take on that comment - If we really do want this kid and Clemson/FSU come in later with an offer we can play the "we got you first before they even wanted you" card. If he's still dancing with the devil after that he can pound sand. I really like the kid and I think he's a take, but this is the kind of SoFla DB that virtually grows on trees down here. We'll be fine either way, IMO.

Agree. Frierson and Ivey are a notch above him as prospects imo. And Bethel/Good are more athletic but with less proven/tested cover skills.

Advertisement
Got to know who your interviewing. Munoz ...committed on the spot. No need to ask him that. Good isnt from S.fla and were his biggest offer. Brownlee is a kid from Carol City and plays on the S.FLA Express a team full of kids recruited by all the best schools in the nation....its a circle jerk to say who offered who and who is visiting where with those kids. That's why his answered differed from the other two. Your question pushed him towards the answer. Not really a fluff piece..but next time...just ask When he states that he will still do visits...just ask to which schools. That way down the road you can do a follow up interview with him during the season..and maybe bring that question back up (What schools are coming on hard?, who can maybe change your mind?). You essentially KILLED his commitment interview.

I appreciate you sticking up for the kid, but his entire tone of “committed, but”, does not fall on Stefan. We’ve been burned so many times in recruiting that it’s hard to get excited after an interview like this. Sounds like Jobe.

With the way people describe his family, I don't think it's safe to push him out the door.

Didn't like that part of the interview at all, but at least our coaches know up front and can keep recruiting. I liked the Brownlee take because he seems to be a tough local under the radar playmaker. He's not the only tough, local, under the radar playmaker though. Keep grinding.

This kid just committed to Miami and said he wants an FSU offer. These kids are the ****** worst.

I can't lie that's some clown **** for real. Who the **** is thinking about FSU when they commit to Miami?

Do players commit to Ohio State and say I cant wait for Michigan to offer??

A Bama commit would come up missing if they said that about Auburn

Richt need's to tell this 3 star to get the fck out my face, so he can wait for that FSU offer and end up at FIU.

Advertisement
Back